Carl Nicks Will Not Participate In Mandatory Mini Camp For Bucs

Kevo

Will this guy ever be anywhere close to the dominant force that he once was?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/10/carl-nicks-a-no-go-for-this-weeks-mandatory-minicamp/

The Buccaneers are holding out hope that Carl Nicks might still be able to return at some point, but that point won’t be this week.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Nicks won’t be participating in this week’s mandatory minicamp, though he will be in attendance.

The hope remains that he’ll be ready for training camp, but since that’s six weeks away, it’s hard to be optimistic.

After signing a five-year, $47.5 million deal in 2012, Nicks has played just nine games with the Bucs. A toe injury and subsequent infection (and nerve damage) has caused his future to be very much in doubt, and they’ll have to keep waiting to see if or when he’ll return.

He had a pretty bad case of MRSA iirc on his foot? It ate away, got worse, and he's got nerve damage if I remember correctly.

OL play depend on size, hands, strength, and foot placement/movement. I don't think he'll ever be an all-pro guard, but he's above average. Coming out he had 1st round potential, but dropped because of issues.

not trying to sound unsympathetic or anything, but Im going to...

if I have the choice between being in serous pain all the time with frequent surgical procedure being done, or jus cutting the dam thing off and live a happier more comfortable life... I know what im picking.

http://profootballta...atory-minicamp/

The Buccaneers are holding out hope that Carl Nicks might still be able to return at some point, but that point won't be this week.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Nicks won't be participating in this week's mandatory minicamp, though he will be in attendance.

The hope remains that he'll be ready for training camp, but since that's six weeks away, it's hard to be optimistic.

After signing a five-year, $47.5 million deal in 2012, Nicks has played just nine games with the Bucs. A toe injury and subsequent infection (and nerve damage) has caused his future to be very much in doubt, and they'll have to keep waiting to see if or when he'll return.

MRSA is the reason

Guest Dtan: God Of Objectivity

Best OG in the NFCS when healthy.

Would love to see the beast back in action.

http://profootballta...atory-minicamp/

The Buccaneers are holding out hope that Carl Nicks might still be able to return at some point, but that point won't be this week.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Nicks won't be participating in this week's mandatory minicamp, though he will be in attendance.

The hope remains that he'll be ready for training camp, but since that's six weeks away, it's hard to be optimistic.

After signing a five-year, $47.5 million deal in 2012, Nicks has played just nine games with the Bucs. A toe injury and subsequent infection (and nerve damage) has caused his future to be very much in doubt, and they'll have to keep waiting to see if or when he'll return.

He probably would be playing if not for the MRSA, but because of it, I doubt we'll ever see him playing again. L&L seemed very positive 6 to 8 weeks ago, but now they're being quiet about it, so it doesn't look good.

not trying to sound unsympathetic or anything, but Im going to...

if I have the choice between being in serous pain all the time with frequent surgical procedure being done, or jus cutting the dam thing off and live a happier more comfortable life... I know what im picking.

I think I read somewhere that if you lose your big toe, you have to retrain your body how to balance and that takes a long time.