Second Year Spotlight: Nfc South

How do you not mention the most important 2nd year player on our team, Desmond Trufant. His progression will tell a lot about our season. If he and Alford continue to progress, we could see an immediate, astounding turnaround for our defense.

I believe he picked players who he believes will take the next step due to their potential. Unless Tru takes an unexpected step back, we know what we have with him. I am surprised that he picked Toilolo and not Bartu but I guess he went offense/defense

We weren't forced to cut Abe though. We went into the season last year with 7m in cap savings. We had more than enough money.

Granted, Gonzo didnt do us any favors by his contract, but he definitely in no way crippled our cap. He was worth every penny for potentially being a key piece enroute to a Super Bowl.

Obviously had we known we would be decimated by injuries then we wouldn't have done it, but being 10 yards away from the SB in the previous and adding Sjax in the offseason EVERYONE assumed we would be back. I don't see how anyone can be mad at Tony to be honest. He and Roddy are HUGE reasons that Ryan is as good as he is now.

Yea we did.

We cut turner and abe to pay his 7 something mil salary. We also cut clabo to pay ryan.

Yea we did.

We cut turner and abe to pay his 7 something mil salary. We also cut clabo to pay ryan.

No they didn't.

They cut Clabo because he wasn't worth his salary anymore and, probably, because it was his missed block that resulted in Ryan playing the last few minutes of the NFCCG with a separated shoulder.

Turner was done as well-don't think anybody brought him in after the Falcons cut him.

Abe did well in Arizona because he was part of a really good Dline, wouldn't have happened here.

And, if the Falcons had wanted to keep any of them, they could have. Salary cap has a lot more flexibility than you apparently think.

Yea we did.

No way that Tonys contract made us cut Abe, Turner, or Clabo. There are so many ways we could have saved money. We cut Abe and resigned Osi. How did we do that if if Tonys contract made it impossible to keep Abe?