Do Not Click On Page 191 Of The Game Of Thrones Show Thread Until Skareffects Removes His Spoiler

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 10 year old daughter. He posted arguably the biggest spoiler since Jorts ruined the Red Wedding for everyone in the show thread in plain view, no spoiler tags. I don't want it ruined for anyone. It's common decency.

Common decency might be asking a bit much from a football forum. I would hope by now, any viewer of the show with a shred of common sense, knows they run the risk of seeing spoilers in that particular thread.

Why does this bother you so much?

Wasn't aware it bothered me.

By creating threads that are messages, as opposed to topics, thus moving genuine talking points off the first page, are you not also disrupting the forum, just in a different way? Is indicating a disdain for GoT spoilers likely to curb the habit, or provoke people to do it more often, given what you know about the mentality of the readers here?

Do you have a post above the spoiler on the same page? One you could edit to include a large "Spoiler below" warning.

By creating threads that are messages, as opposed to topics, thus moving genuine talking points off the first page, are you not also disrupting the forum, just in a different way? Is indicating a disdain for GoT spoilers likely to curb the habit, or provoke people to do it more often, given what you know about the mentality of the readers here?

Do you have a post above the spoiler on the same page? One you could edit to include a large "Spoiler below" warning.

seems like it is bothering you that he made this thread on a football forum. Otherwise you could have ignored it. Ehh

Sorry if I bumped one of the 8 Bergdahl topics off of the first page.

While this place is about as civil as a medieval battle field, the exception is the game of thrones threads. There's only a select number of people with the mindset to troll and spoil things who have actually read the books and can spoil things.

Well, I appreciate the heads up. Can't really see how this thread warning people about a huge potential spoiler about a show that is clearly popular among board visitors and everyone else is "disrupting" the forum. The drivel that OldFalcons and terryowens don't do that but this thread does? I kind of think you just wanted to be an @ss to mdrake if you're being honest.

Well, I appreciate the heads up. Can't really see how this thread warning people about a huge potential spoiler about a show that is clearly popular among board visitors and everyone else is "disrupting" the forum. The drivel that OldFalcons and terryowens don't do that but this thread does? I kind of think you just wanted to be an @ss to mdrake if you're being honest.

As I said earlier, Jorts spoiled the red wedding, and tahuyman briefly attempted to troll the spoilers-book thread, but a part from that the GOT threads have been a place where folks that would normally be at each other's throats could discuss something they enjoyed. When spoilers are accidentally posted in the show thread, they're always quickly corrected, which makes what skare did that much douchier.

I don't touch either of the GOT threads for this very reason. People are not to be trusted.

They've actually worked out really well, this was the first instance in years where something major was spoiled. Thankfully (though not for him) it looks like Andrews was the only one who read it. Skare's never done this before, don't know why he had a wild hair up his *** today.

Yea, that's messed up. I guess I should update the ignore list. Not b/c I've paid particluar attention to his posts and found them annoying but that's just kind of douchy. The GOT show thread has been good for discussion and the book readers have been great about hiding spoilers, etc.

I find it funny how many are pissed about spoilers, but yet the topics is full of them. Lol.

Well in Skar's defense, he is mildly ********. Everyone knows that.

Remember Hanlon's Razor-- Never attribute to douchiness that which is adequately explained by derpdom.

If I'm ********, what does that make you?

Guest fibonacci

Well in Skar's defense, he is mildly ********. Everyone knows that.

Remember Hanlon's Razor-- Never attribute to douchiness that which is adequately explained by derpdom.

i thought we all had issues. That's why I'm here........ "to Dave the world". :D