Ready To Bust Loose: Part Ii

atljbo

http://www.nationalf...se-Part-II.html

Ready to bust loose: Part II

Ra’Shede Hageman, DE, Atlanta Falcons: Hageman was one of the most talented defensive linemen in this draft and many thought he was going to be a first-round selection. On pure traits, he should have been. Talent is not his problem, but consistency is. Hageman can dominate one series and look average the next.

With Brian Cox as the defensive line coach, inconsistency and lack of intensity will not be tolerated. If Hageman wants to get on the field, he will have to go all-out every play, something I believe he is more than capable of doing.

While I see Hageman playing as part of a rotation early in the season, I also see him being a productive starter by mid-season. He has the talent to be an eventual Pro Bowl-type player and I feel Cox will get that out of him. Hageman just has too much size, strength and athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-ZpkBJJCU

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We sorely needed a monster.

Im not dumb enough to compare him to Suh ... But i will say like Greg Gabriel (former bears head of scouts) said... The Size, Strength, and Athleticism is there.. Yu can add in the attitude.... Its all about his development....

Dude does have all the probowl talent in the world standing at 6'6 318lbs

Lets see what Coach Cox can do with his development

Im not dumb enough to compare him to Suh ... But i will say like Greg Gabriel (former bears head of scouts) said... The Size, Strength, and Athleticism is there.. Yu can add in the attitude.... Its all about his development....

Dude does have all the probowl talent in the world standing at 6'6 318lbs

Lets see what Coach Cox can do with his development

Hard for me to actually say right now. I know he has serious potential, but listed as a DE kind of makes for some head scratching.

Hard for me to actually say right now. I know he has serious potential, but listed as a DE kind of makes for some head scratching.

I'm sure he's going to be a DT in our 4-3 looks and a DE in our 3-4. Though truly it seems like we could easily line him up wherever we want to.

I wouldn't worry about that. Where you listed doesn't mean anything. JJ Watt is listed as a DE. But most people don't know he plays more DT.

JJ Watt huh...

yep JJ plays mostly DT but is listed as a DE. And my coach use to tell me if he wanted to line me up LB I better make a play even though I was a corner. A winner makes plays no matter where he is at. A loser makes execuses. That's why I teach all my boys and daughter to not make excuses

yep JJ plays mostly DT but is listed as a DE. And my coach use to tell me if he wanted to line me up LB I better make a play even though I was a corner. A winner makes plays no matter where he is at. A loser makes execuses. That's why I teach all my boys and daughter to not make excuses

I know how my favorite player in the NFL lines up...the fear is that this regime is stupid enough to think to line him at RE on 4-3 looks...

he is listed at DE because thats what he plays....DE in the 3-4 look...thats why clowney will be an OLB on that team

I know how my favorite player in the NFL lines up...the fear is that this regime is stupid enough to think to line him at RE on 4-3 looks...

I bet if they did Hageman would expect to make plays. Brings me back to a player I had a couple years ago. He was a great athlete. But he wasn't stout when someone got a hold of him. He was a safety but I needed him to play DE in a game cause someone was hurt. He told me he wasn't a linemen and couldn't do it. I told him if he put the same amount of energy in trying to be successful that he does in making excuses he would be a very good player. He was easily our best player the rest of the year. And finished with 12 sacks.

he is listed at DE because thats what he plays....DE in the 3-4 look...thats why clowney will be an OLB on that team

JJ plays the 5 tech on run downs. He plays DT on obvious passing downs and when an offense lines up in a 3 receiver set. So he actually plays more DT than DE

I bet if they did Hageman would expect to make plays. Brings me back to a player I had a couple years ago. He was a great athlete. But he wasn't stout when someone got a hold of him. He was a safety but I needed him to play DE in a game cause someone was hurt. He told me he wasn't a linemen and couldn't do it. I told him if he put the same amount of energy in trying to be successful that he does in making excuses he would be a very good player. He was easily our best player the rest of the year. And finished with 12 sacks.

I hope we get a new staff soon.

I hope we get a new staff soon.

I hope we don't. New HC means this season doesn't go the way I expect it to. I fully expect to be in the playoffs and to win at least one playoff game. Folks are sleeping on us and that is when this team plays it's best.

Hageman playing DT in 4-3 and DE in 3-4 just makes sense. I have do doubt that Nolan and Cox will see that as well. Only thing that stops this is if the rumors of him taking plas off is true. If he shows signs of that his snaps will be limited to 3-4 DE IMO.

I hope we don't. New HC means this season doesn't go the way I expect it to. I fully expect to be in the playoffs and to win at least one playoff game. Folks are sleeping on us and that is when this team plays it's best.

Hageman playing DT in 4-3 and DE in 3-4 just makes sense. I have do doubt that Nolan and Cox will see that as well. Only thing that stops this is if the rumors of him taking plas off is true. If he shows signs of that his snaps will be limited to 3-4 DE IMO.

Ok

I just cant see us playing Hageman at 4-3 DE unless is a stout base vs the run.... He is listed as a DE because players and TD has said our base D is the 3-4

I was going to write a post about this when i get time (about the D) since ive had a chance to see most of our games again (i have about 3 games to go) ..... But it seems like we are going the rex ryan jets approach on D.... Have good CB's that can press covereage on the island so you are allowed to get exotic with your front 7.... Not getting into that future post .... Dealing with Hageman, we need to have him in a Muhammad Wilkerson.... Not only do i compare them because of the role on the scheme but also big, strong, versitile, and really athletic for a big 315+ lbs guys.... Both was/is raw coming into the league because both started out as a TE in highscool and both hooped in highschool.

Wilk plays the 5 tech in there 3-4..... What makes Wilk and J.J Watt (2 or my fav lineman) special is there ability to bring that speed to power for guys there size .... Yes both have very good hand usage but they are ultra athletic for big mans.... To quick for guards inside and to big and strong for what Tackles are used to dealing with.

The Jets line up Wilk up every where on the D-Line even tho he mostly played 5 tech