Lol Cam Rumored To Get A Cutler Type Deal.

Trouble

CBS Sports' Joel Corry believes Jay Cutler's contract with the Bears will be the starting point for a Cam Newton extension.

Cutler inked a seven-year, $126.7 million pact with Chicago back in January. "I think $18 million (a year) gets you in the game for Cam, with $50 million in guarantees," Corry said. Newton is coming off his best overall season as a quarterback and led the Panthers to a division title. He's yet to miss a start since entering the league. Newton is under team control through 2015, but the two sides would like to get a new deal done before next March.

Source: Charlotte Observer

Jun 6 - 9:22 AM

Cutler is elite :)

Guest fibonacci

They need to pay Cam top dollar right now. Give the man a base of 23 million a year. and 80 guaranteed

I wouldn't buy that ticket. We are talking about ATlanta right? ?

Half of those guys like each other more then the opposite sex.

So I've heard..

Charlton+Heston+laughing.gif

oh I thought there would be some kind of substance in this post.. I should have known better.

Substance like... you hear guys from atl like guys.

Yeah i don't bring that kinda substance to my threads. sorry.

Anyway. I hope Cam doesn't get a Colin type deal.

Colin's deal is closer to 114 than 126. Each year he doesn't either make the Superbowl or get all-pro honors he loses 2 mill.

We can pretty much forget the all-pro honors, and making the Superbowl is extremely difficult even with a team as stacked as the 9ers. Chances are they lose a couple key players next year (Crabtree, Lupati)

Then the insurance policy that he has to pay for, that doesn't pay out to him.

Anyway. I hope Cam doesn't get a Colin type deal.

Colin's deal is closer to 114 than 126. Each year he doesn't either make the Superbowl or get all-pro honors he loses 2 mill.

We can pretty much forget the all-pro honors, and making the Superbowl is extremely difficult even with a team as stacked as the 9ers. Chances are they lose a couple key players next year (Crabtree, Lupati)

Then the insurance policy that he has to pay for, that doesn't pay out to him.

I can see Kaep's agent playing the wins = qb stat argument hard. Would be cool if the qbs that use that argument to get paid a lot money, also lose money if their team doesn't win.

No.

Cam's agent is Bus Cook. You're thinking of Tom Condon.

Exactly (there is a few exceptions like Romo). Condom only represents the elite. He never screws his players with a team friendly contract like Kolins.

If Condom represents you, you will get paid in the shade. Not only that but the money will be in guarantees.

Exactly Condom only represents the elite. He never screws his players with a team friendly contract like Kolins.

If Condom represents you, you will get paid in the shade. Not only that but the money will be in guarantees.

Right. Only the elite.

Matt Ryan = Just as elite as Romo and Stafford.

Don't be hating because Ryan has only had 1 losing year in the NFL, while Cam has only had 1 good year.

Yet somehow, their fingers still have the same amount of rings. Funny how that works.

But you guys did go 10-6 back in 2011. I'm sure children will read about that feat in their history books for years to come.

Edited by NYG4

Yet somehow, their fingers still have the same amount of rings. Funny how that works.

But you guys did go 10-6 back in 2011. I'm sure children will read about that feat in their history books for years to come.

Cam did get his face on madden. Thats equal to a ring in his book.

Which gives him one more ring than Ryan I guess.

Winning the cover of madden is more impressive than his NFL career. The madden panthers win more games than the real panthers.

That kid in the commercial should keep warming up his arm. Freeman 2.0 will flounder.

The newness of Qbs getting paid bookoos is wearing off. Qbs going to get paid, I think we know this by now.

The moment cutler signed his deal we all should have been like oh.. There's bout to be some crazy money spent on qbs.

Another thing, there's a boat load of good to great qbs in the league right now.

Guest fibonacci

So, there's rumors about a deal that's more than likely a year away? Interesting...

I wonder if there's rumors about what the weather will be on June 6, 2015 as well.

sunny with a few clouds.

Bump the thread on that date please. Thanks

Winning the cover of madden is more impressive than his NFL career. The madden panthers win more games than the real panthers.

That kid in the commercial should keep warming up his arm. Freeman 2.0 will flounder.

Which still gives Cam one more impressive thing than Ryan has under his belt.

Edited by NYG4