2015 - Cutting Of The Vets

Sean Weatherspoon

Kroy Biermann

Steven Jackson

Harry Douglas

Sam Baker

Osi Umenyiora

All the above vets will not be on our roster week 1 of 2015.

Weatherspoon is not a 3-4 fit and cannot stay healthy. He is a FA going into the 2015 season and will likely want more than we are willing to pay. High top Jop is a likely candidate to replace him.

Kroy Biermann while Mike Nolan loves him is coming off an ACL tear this season and I think he struggles. Falcons offer him a cheap deal but he takes a deal elsewhere with more $$$

Steven Jackson is not a FA but I think our staff sees enough of Freeman in 2014 to hand over the keys in 2015 to him. His deal is easily cuttable in 2015.

Harry Douglas. I am sure i will get some flack for this one but he is overpayed for a slot WR. Will be a surprise cut after a mediocre 300 yard 2014 season. Can be replaced by Johnson or Davis.

Sam Baker gets hurt again. Matthews slides to LT and succeeds as a rookie. Falcons look for veteran RT in FA or draft of 2015. Falcons take the penalties and cut t-rex.

Osi is a FA going into 2015. Considering his age and lack of a fit in a 3-4 i see absolutely no way he is brought back.

Going into 2015 our biggest needs being TE*, RT, Pass Rusher, FS*

* - may not be a need depending on how our young guys do in 2014.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha so our needs will be the exact same as last year?

No biggest needs last year were Oline and Dline.

Prime,

You Left off Babs.

Baker and HD can play well enough to be here in 15. Spoon could too, but it'd have to be a monster year and probably a "prove it by doing that 2 years in a row" type of deal.

Osi should be gone- Biermann will stick around unless one or two of the young LBs show they can do his job.

As far as RT needs a * too- Falcons haven't given up on Holmes, and they like Schreader.

No biggest needs last year were Oline and Dline.

Prime,

You Left off Babs.

Baker and HD can play well enough to be here in 15. Spoon could too, but it'd have to be a monster year and probably a "prove it by doing that 2 years in a row" type of deal.

Osi should be gone- Biermann will stick around unless one or two of the young LBs show they can do his job.

As far as RT needs a * too- Falcons haven't given up on Holmes, and they like Schreader.

I did forget about Babs. Peters is another potential if he doesnt stay healthy.

Holes

Holes

Holes

all over the field . Might as well toss Baker in trash can as well

Falcons going to need a

T

RB most likely

TE most likely

G most likely

FS most likely

1 LB most likely

a pass rusher most likely

Kicker

Not looking good for out future .. but we still have Ryan and Julio people

Every team has holes. Dont turn this into another Ryan/Julio thread for the love of god.

Holes

Holes

Holes

all over the field . Might as well toss Baker in trash can as well

Falcons going to need a

T

RB most likely

TE most likely

G most likely

FS most likely

1 LB most likely

a pass rusher most likely

Kicker

Not looking good for out future .. but we still have Ryan and Julio people

Hahaha... Ryan haunts your dreams bro. Wow.

Sean Weatherspoon

Kroy Biermann

Steven Jackson

Harry Douglas

Sam Baker

Osi Umenyiora

Spoon fits the system. Not sure where people got the idea that he does not. However, I think Spruill is his replacement, if he does not stay healthy.

Kroy is gone this season. No way we resign him, unless he comes back for Jerry money and is a camp body. Bartu is the future and a much better slb.

Jackson and Douglas are probably gone.

Baker stays for contract reasons. I do not like it, but we have no choice in the matter. Thanks TD.

Osi will be gone as well. He may already be out of a job, if we are just keeping him in subpackages. Now way we pay him that much for a part time player.

I agree there but that's TD draft picks . Were going to invest heavily into Julio and when has he proven he can stay on the field ?

I did not agree with the Julio trade but he is here and when he is on the field he is a top 5 WR.

He is here for the long haul.

Yes to Douglas, Umenyiora, and Jackson. No to the rest. Maybe Spoon too but only if he gets hurt again.

You people can't absorb the fact that the team and most importantly Nolan loves Biermann.

You have no proof for that last statement. Please provide a source for your claim. Kroy started 3 games in 2012. Bartu had better stats at SLB. Your letting your Kroy colored glasses blind you from the truth.

Sean Weatherspoon

Kroy Biermann

Steven Jackson

Harry Douglas

Sam Baker

Osi Umenyiora

I'm starting to like you bro. You postin up some thoughtful threads. Keep em goin. Here are my thoughts on your list:

Sean Weatherspoon - that mofo better rise this year. I mean top 10 at least. Not a fan but I hope he can rise. If not, Lowball him

Kroy Biermann - Somebody should be able to take his place this year. Mass, Maponga, Shembo, Starr, somebody. If not, Dimi's legacy drops more

Steven Jackson - I think and hope Freeman will take his job by week one of the 2014 season and become Dimi's first low round gem

Harry Douglas - I believe we should cut that mofo now, get the cap dollars and give a shot to Drew, DJ a FA, or some UDFA. HD took our money

Sam Baker - that mofo will be cuttable next year. Finally. We still probably eat a mil or two but it's definitely time. Rev Hal is a better LT

Osi Umenyiora - dude will be gone. The 3-4 will kill him, but we should keep him for our 4-3 and 4-2 sets this year

I'm saying we milk out his contract and franchise tag him two years in a row before investing long term in him. He hasn't proven he can play full season

I would prefer that as well. Well.. One franchising not two. The cost the 2nd year would be outrageous i am guessing.

I'm saying we milk out his contract and franchise tag him two years in a row before investing long term in him. He hasn't proven he can play full season

I might agree with you. Maybe. But would we want to risk it? If he has a few monster years we could end up paying more than we would for the same player coming off injury. But I can definitely understand your point.

I'm starting to like you bro. You postin up some thoughtful threads. Keep em goin. Here are my thoughts on your list:

Sean Weatherspoon - that mofo better rise this year. I mean top 10 at least. Not a fan but I hope he can rise. If not, Lowball him

Kroy Biermann - Somebody should be able to take his place this year. Mass, Maponga, Shembo, Starr, somebody. If not, Dimi's legacy drops more

Steven Jackson - I think and hope Freeman will take his job by week one of the 2014 season and become Dimi's first low round gem

Harry Douglas - I believe we should cut that mofo now, get the cap dollars and give a shot to Drew, DJ a FA, or some UDFA. HD took our money

Sam Baker - that mofo will be cuttable next year. Finally. We still probably eat a mil or two but it's definitely time. Rev Hal is a better LT

Osi Umenyiora - dude will be gone. The 3-4 will kill him, but we should keep him for our 4-3 and 4-2 sets this year

Agreed on basically everything.

You have no proof for that last statement. Please provide a source for your claim. Kroy started 3 games in 2012. Bartu had better stats at SLB. Your letting your Kroy colored glasses blind you from the truth.

Think it's the other way around there champ. You've been crusading for Kroy to be cut and Bartu take his place tirelessly for a while now. As far as providing proof do it yourself. I ain't your mama. Literally just about everything from the Branch regarding Kroy has been extremely positive and only sounds like love to me. It's easily found by anybody. If they take their "rose colored glasses" off that is.

I like Bartu a lot myself. Doesn't mean Kroy gets cut. Not how ish works bro. lol