Are People Becoming Un-American?

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

I did not vote for Obama, but he is still our president. I can understand disliking a move, but going out and attacking or making stupid signs saying junk just shows how you are childish. (Example: ).

Lets look at the fact he "could" have been born out of the united states. He still was voted in. Donald Trump actually tried to do something and failed. But people still kept sitting on their coach eating Cheetos and crying on facebook.

How about going and doing something instead of being a lazy cry baby? If you encouraged people to vote and/or got into campaigns, you might find out that you can make a difference.

- but instead y'all stuck to your youtube/facebook/twitter/instagram/or whatever you kidds use these days and let him get put into office a second time. and now you are complaining about him trading 5 terrorist for one American. Sure, our country stands on the grounds of, "never bargain with terrorist". BUT we are also a country that more so stands on, "never leave a man behind". I could care less if that man is a Private, Sargent or a guy who went A-wall. fact is we never leave a man behind. And what is really jacked up is people wore wrist bands on their arms saying to bring this guy home, well dag nam that is what we did. But no no no, people still want to complain. Obama is in the position of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Because trust me, if the case would have been, "well today president Obama denied to trade to bring when of our soldiers home". people would have been in an uproar saying, "we never leave a man behind".

- do people even know what traitor means in the army? it's a person who goes A-wall. that's it. it's not like this guy said, "I hate America and want to kill Americans and blow them up". it was just simply, "crap I hate this job and I want out". and this kind of A-wall is things civilians do all the time. Have you ever had a job that you just hated? well I bet you that you made up some crap and started believing you were mistreated or racism was going on or they didn't pay you right. well guess what, you went A-wall. and going A-wall means traitor.

anyhow to my point, if you stand for attacking and bashing the president of the united states, then get the heck out. honestly! now if you want to stand up for things you believe in, then fine but do not go attacking. Try to make a difference. social media is not the way unless you are getting people together. in fact with showing how horrible Obama is, it only encouraged Obama fans to saying, "Wow we really need to vote. because I like this guy and so many hate them. so I need to tell my family and friends to vote for him". and then the people who are Obama haters were saying, "heck, no way this guy stays in office. because there is so many people who hate him. I think I am going to stay at home and eat cheetos instead of going to vote".

people outside of america saying we are stupid is one thing. People inside america saying they don't think we should have made that move, is a different thing. But when you live here and start attacking, well then you need to get out.

I can really see a lot of people turning into idiots like this.

monday_flag.jpg

that is the rant for the month from me. but does it seem to y'all people are becoming UN-American?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid is as stupid does.

You think the Republicans will save you? Dumb.

You think Democrats will save you? Dumb.

Arguing for either is pointless as they both serve the same interests(not yours).

So, while you or they may feel they are changing something by voting, until the process is changed, people are only choosing between pre-selected representatives of the most wealthy.

I don't know what you expect of people. Citizens today are not brave and motivated enough to "do" anything about it. They just find it fun to whine and argue about it.

The Obama topics or GOP topics are the opiates for the stupid masses. Argue away.....as you were, ABF.

Edited by MDFMK

The American political process is broken. There's no possible way for a representative government for 300+ million people. It kills me when they stump on a platform during congressional primaries, knowing that they have to sell out 19 of their top 20 just to get 19 more people to vote for their priorities. And God forbid a moderates for different parties voting together for something that they (and their constituencies) both agree is a good idea. If it's not something that Pelosi or Boehner can agree to, you're going to lose your endorsement the next term.

So to answer your question, people are unAmerican but I blame the 300+ million unAmericans for it. They got what they wanted.

Arguing for either is pointless as they both serve the same interests(not yours).

So, while you or they may feel they are changing something by voting, until the process is changed, people are only choosing between pre-selected representatives of the most wealthy.

I don't know what you expect of people. Citizens today are not brave and motivated enough to "do" anything about it. They just find it fun to whine and argue about it.

The Obama topics or GOP topics are the opiates for the stupid masses. Argue away.....as you were, ABF.

applause.gif

Eh, just the political landscape in this day and age. People are more consumed with party allegiance than anything and nobody will actually claim ignorance so it leads to a bunch of uninformed people making stupid comments/gestures/acts in the name of ______ (freedom, democracy, the middle class, etc.)

I think he's the worst President of my life time but Bush was probably the most disrespected President in history until Obama came along. Same was likely true of Clinton until those two came along. It's the US we live in today.

Eh, just the political landscape in this day and age. People are more consumed with party allegiance than anything and nobody will actually claim ignorance so it leads to a bunch of uninformed people making stupid comments/gestures/acts in the name of ______ (freedom, democracy, the middle class, etc.)

I think he's the worst President of my life time but Bush was probably the most disrespected President in history until Obama came along. Same was likely true of Clinton until those two came along. It's the US we live in today.

1) Bush and Obama were/have been treated like **** by opponents but lets not forget Clinton's opponents accused him of murdering one of his friends. The accusations flying around about him make the **** over the past decade seem tame by comparison.

2) I don't agree Obama is the worst president in our lifetime but that's due to him following the worst of the modern era.

As for the OP, to many people just venting online makes them feel like they've made a positive contribution to whatever they believe in. It's the illusion the internet has created.

1) Bush and Obama were/have been treated like **** by opponents but lets not forget Clinton's opponents accused him of murdering one of his friends. The accusations flying around about him make the **** over the past decade seem tame by comparison.

2) I don't agree Obama is the worst president in our lifetime but that's due to him following the worst of the modern era.

As for the OP, to many people just venting online makes them feel like they've made a positive contribution to whatever they believe in. It's the illusion the internet has created.

That may have been a helluva an accusation, but I still don't think Clinton took as much abuse as his successors.

For the record, Obama is my guy. I wasn't saying he was the worst POTUS.

I wasn't a big fan of Bush. However, when speaking of him, he was always President Bush. I was raised to support the country and by extension, respect the position of the presidency and the man in the office. It doesn't mean that I like him or appreciate what he does. But our democracy is on its last legs now that it's open season on its elected leader (regardless of party).

Guest fibonacci

The American political process is broken. There's no possible way for a representative government for 300+ million people. It kills me when they stump on a platform during congressional primaries, knowing that they have to sell out 19 of their top 20 just to get 19 more people to vote for their priorities. And God forbid a moderates for different parties voting together for something that they (and their constituencies) both agree is a good idea. If it's not something that Pelosi or Boehner can agree to, you're going to lose your endorsement the next term.

So to answer your question, people are unAmerican but I blame the 300+ million unAmericans for it. They got what they wanted.

that's a fair reply and not one i can be upset with. And now you gave me something to think on.

I want to say, "hey these politicians in seats are doing something at least instead of eating patatoe chips". But then i think, "well all their doing is passing around until they make the other party happy.and therefore ain't doing crap except playing with each other Deecks".

Guest fibonacci

yeah i hear way to much of, "I'm republican no matter what". Or democrat or i don't care.

Guest fibonacci

dang internet making peoples egos grow.

Have a whiskey neat on me old chap, you've earned it.

Stop voting people, it will bring you nothing.

Guest fibonacci

I wasn't a big fan of Bush. However, when speaking of him, he was always President Bush. I was raised to support the country and by extension, respect the position of the presidency and the man in the office. It doesn't mean that I like him or appreciate what he does. But our democracy is on its last legs now that it's open season on its elected leader (regardless of party).

exactly. I wish i saw more like this.

Presidents may just have an honorary title. But they still represent America. And when you make fun of them, your are making fun of America. And when people laugh at my country.....well they can suck it and move out.

It's fine for the minority/opposition in government to fight tooth and nail against some things the party in power is pushing but when they obstruct everything and turn every little thing into some sort of apocalyptic struggle over the soul of the nation is when it becomes ridiculous and harmful. Our government structure was designed for compromise, not for the partisan, parliamentary hellscape we're growing used to.

Guest fibonacci

i get your point. But i see there is some presidents who can make decisions on their own. When Truman got into office he jacked a lot of crap up and did not play around (he nuked Japan twice with basically no questions asked except for, "back off or get destroyed"). Same thing with president Taft when he got a hold of guys like Ford and rockefeller. (which i think Ford and rockefeller were pushing our country in the right direction.).

But still, voting played a huge role. And those guys made some huge plays. So did FDR.

You can tell me presidents are talking puppets. But some have done what they wanted and improved America.

i get your point. But i see there is some presidents who can make decisions on their own. When Truman got into office he jacked a lot of crap up and did not play around (he nuked Japan twice with basically no questions asked except for, "back off or get destroyed"). Same thing with president Taft when he got a hold of guys like Ford and rockefeller. (which i think Ford and rockefeller were pushing our country in the right direction.).

But still, voting played a huge role. And those guys made some huge plays. So did FDR.

You can tell me presidents are talking puppets. But some have done what they wanted and improved America.

Ford was relatively new to the field at the time Taft was president and I think he was suing the car patent cartel at that time. Meanwhile, Rockefeller's time had come and gone. Though Standard Oil was still a giant at the time his model was already being implemented by competitors who were taking over more and more of the industry from Standard Oil. The trust case against him and his company was more or less the death blow to finalize greater industry competition rather than let it drag out for another couple of decades.

Guest fibonacci

Ford was relatively new to the field at the time Taft was president and I think he was suing the car patent cartel at that time. Meanwhile, Rockefeller's time had come and gone. Though Standard Oil was still a giant at the time his model was already being implemented by competitors who were taking over more and more of the industry from Standard Oil. The trust case against him and his company was more or less the death blow to finalize greater industry competition rather than let it drag out for another couple of decades.

man that's nice to hear someone knows a thing about our history.

That show "the man who built America", was a good rough sketch of what took place. But some of the wording is a "who knows". But I will die believing those men were doing it right. Ford would have really helped us. I can't believe he doubled minimum wage for his workers and worked them less and had the assembly line. The guy knew how to do it and get work done. I think he could put out 30+ cars to one car from the other places. And he made the cars to where the poor could buy it. And yet he was rolling in money.

Now, yes, those guys had some stupid moves. But overall those guys were awesome.

Guest terryowens81

fib you can post anything you want to describe how Obama has improved America and I'll post 2 things describing how he has done nothing but placate the corporatism and hegemony he once so desired to conquer. He has behaved every bit as big of a fraud as George W Bush and neither of these men; among others, deserve any of the honor they have been afforded for multiple terms.

Obama should've bailed out after one term and I would've probably called him a decent President, until now that we're continually unraveling the lie of "affordable" health care that is. He never had a chance to come out looking good. That law is ****. He promised everybody "Oh we're all gonna take a look at it on the internet and everybody's gonna have a chance to see it before we pass it!" His entire spiel on government transparency is complete b.s. All he can do as potus is limit the damage that's already being done. I don't need another 3 years to figure it out or give peace a chance. Obama=Complete Fail when the war on terror now means giving the guns to proxies of Al-Qaeda and the ever evil Shitariah Law to justify a continued military presence in the region. F that business.

And this thing with Bowe. Disaster. I almost feel sorry for Obama until I realize what a hypocrite he is. He could blow the whistle and call everybody out but he has those two children he has to think about. They all do. That's how they get to you.

You gotta lot of catchin up to do fib if you think this false idol should earn one ounce of my respect.

Guest fibonacci

fib you can post anything you want to describe how Obama has improved America and I'll post 2 things describing how he has done nothing but placate the corporatism and hegemony he once so desired to conquer. He has behaved every bit as big of a fraud as George W Bush and neither of these men; among others, deserve any of the honor they have been afforded for multiple terms.

Obama should've bailed out after one term and I would've probably called him a decent President, until now that we're continually unraveling the lie of "affordable" health care that is. He never had a chance to come out looking good. That law is ****. He promised everybody "Oh we're all gonna take a look at it on the internet and everybody's gonna have a chance to see it before we pass it!" His entire spiel on government transparency is complete b.s. All he can do as potus is limit the damage that's already being done. I don't need another 3 years to figure it out or give peace a chance. Obama=Complete Fail when the war on terror now means giving the guns to proxies of Al-Qaeda and the ever evil Shitariah Law to justify a continued military presence in the region. F that business.

And this thing with Bowe. Disaster. I almost feel sorry for Obama until I realize what a hypocrite he is. He could blow the whistle and call everybody out but he has those two children he has to think about. They all do. That's how they get to you.

You gotta lot of catchin up to do fib if you think this false idol should earn one ounce of my respect.

that's how you feel and that's fine. Buy he is still your president. And like i said i didn't vote for him, i just know he is president.

I'm just sick of people bashing him and now sounding un American. It's one thing to do things and stand your ground BUT it's another thing to just cry on Facebook and do nothing.

You're talking about a totally different era. Television plays the biggest role these days. People are more worried about getting through the day than worrying about what the president is going to do 2 or 3 years from now. The era of giving a damnn changed when a blind eye was turned to Ike's warnings.

How do you feel Henry "Nazi" Ford was moving the country in the right direction?

Guest fibonacci

You're talking about a totally different era. Television plays the biggest role these days. People are more worried about getting through the day than worrying about what the president is going to do 2 or 3 years from now. The era of giving a damnn changed when a blind eye was turned to Ike's warnings.

How do you feel Henry "Nazi" Ford was moving the country in the right direction?

yeah media plays a huge role now.

As for Ford, that guy gets a huge B+ in my book. He had workers who were happy with not being worked to death. He doubled minimal wage at his companies. And he basically made the assembly line that we still see today. He made the cars back then able too be purchased to the poor. And he was still able to bring in money.

Oh and he could make 30+ cars to just one car from any other opponent car company.

And he fought for the patent. Which i like patents. I just don't like how now you can only have a year on it. I think it should be something you have the right to for at least 5 years. But oh well, Ford made it to where it went into the direction of what it is today.

But still the guy did good. And yes, he had some stupid things. But he had a ton of great things.

I'm sitting here waiting for the downfall. I voted for Bush (the younger),fought for Bush(the elder)and also voted for Barrack. This country is just corrupt..face it the sooner you do the happier you will be.

Corrupt and debt ridden, which is why the notion of partisanship is so ridiculous. Neither party has the capacity to create real change.