Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Not Falcon Related: Kapernick Got His Contract Extension

176 posts in this topic

Colin has played 3 years in the NFL. And that is beside the point. Ryan has had more regular season success than Kaepernick. That is a fact that can't be argued. No matter how you slice it he has had more regular season success.

and Collin has had more post season success . He helped his team to a SB and NFC champ game and Ryan didnt help Falcons to a playoff win til his 5th year

the cap is tied to revenue too. The cap is going up. That is happening no matter what you say. I don't know how much but it is going up

that depends on revenue this year . I think it's only going to go up between 1-3

your saying 7? so we shall see

Kaepernick has only played 1 full season and has the same amount of TDs and only 500 fewer yards.

If Kaepernick had played all of 2012 his stats would surpass Ryan.

If doesn't matter in sports. And Kaep career numbers, if he played in 2012, wouldn't come close to Ryan's career numbers. So even still his career numbers would be better

Falcons have around 113 committed to cap next year already with these free agents

Roddy White

Osi Umenyiora

Kroy Biermann

Sean Weatherspoon

Matt Bryant

Corey Peters

Robert McClain

Garrett Reynolds

Josh Wilson

Peria Jerry

Gabe Carimi

Javier Arenas

Dwight Lowery

Bear Pascoe

Antone Smith

Akeem Dent

Mike Johnson

Josh Vaughan

Jacquizz Rodgers

Matt Bosher

Cliff Matthews

Only important player on that list is Roddy. Spoon and Osi wont be retained. Kroy will depend on his performance in 2014. Everyone else is a vet miniumum type of player.

We will have plenty of room to play around with.

that depends on revenue this year . I think it's only going to go up between 1-3

your saying 7? so we shall see

And the revenue will again be around $10 billion if not more. NFL is a machine when it comes to this

and Collin has had more post season success . He helped his team to a SB and NFC champ game and Ryan didnt help Falcons to a playoff win til his 5th year

Does he have a ring? Ok then, same boat is Ryan. And now with that contract his team will lose a lot of that talent.

This year may be his best shot of getting one.

Falcons have around 113 committed to cap next year already with these free agents

Roddy White

Osi Umenyiora

Kroy Biermann

Sean Weatherspoon

Matt Bryant

Corey Peters

Robert McClain

Garrett Reynolds

Josh Wilson

Peria Jerry

Gabe Carimi

Javier Arenas

Dwight Lowery

Bear Pascoe

Antone Smith

Akeem Dent

Mike Johnson

Josh Vaughan

Jacquizz Rodgers

Matt Bosher

Cliff Matthews

Is this for 2014 or 2015?

And I already said that. See I dont have an agenda. I call it like I see it. I dont try to make excuses for why certain players have better numbers than certain players. If you have better numbers you just have better numbers. Ryan has the edge in the regular season and Kaepernick has the edge in the playoffs. But neither has won the Super Bowl and that is the goal
TheFatboi likes this

Only important player on that list is Roddy. Spoon and Osi wont be retained. Kroy will depend on his performance in 2014. Everyone else is a vet miniumum type of player.

We will have plenty of room to play around with.

So were losing our starting ILB and only pass rusher in Osi so creating more holes on Falcons

Colin has played 3 years in the NFL. And that is beside the point. Ryan has had more regular season success than Kaepernick. That is a fact that can't be argued. No matter how you slice it he has had more regular season success.

Kaepernick has a higher regular season passing TD% and lower INT%.

Clearly there is room for argument.

if you say so

So passing for TDs at a higher rate and throwing INTs at a lower rate doesn't matter?

Come on...you said you don't have an agenda.

Clearly this is a relevant fact to consider.

So passing for TDs at a higher rate and throwing INTs at a lower rate doesn't matter?

Come on...you said you don't have an agenda.

Clearly this is a relevant fact to consider.

clearly you have an agenda. You are always in a Ryan thread to bash him. But keep doing what you are doing. Ryan has thrown more passes so obviously his ints will be higher so will his percentage. Ryan has to do more in the passing game than Colin.

The TV deals you keep quoting have been settled this year starts the first year of new TV deals which is why the cap jumped so dramatically this year. Its expected to top more than $150 million in 2015 this was discussed numerous times on this board during free agency. The falcons are projected to have more than $30 million in cap space which doesn't include any money we might roll over this year. I'm disappointed in you swift a quick Google search would have given you dozens of sources saying that the cap will go up

Sure as ****, swift was right as rain.

He called it months ago that the 49ers would walk from Kaepernick if he wanted a big money deal. And here they are, diving head first into the Swift "Just Draft a New QB Every Three Years" team building strategy.

Roddy White - Resigned

Osi Umenyiora - Let walk, no big deal

Kroy Biermann - resign for cheap vet or let walk

Sean Weatherspoon - let walk or resign cheap

Matt Bryant - So what

Corey Peters - Bring back

Robert McClain - Let walk - Allen already on roster

Garrett Reynolds - Already gone

Josh Wilson - ok?

Peria Jerry - let walk

Gabe Carimi - who cares

Javier Arenas - who cares

Dwight Lowery - we'll see

Bear Pascoe - who cares

Antone Smith - who cares

Akeem Dent - who cares we drafted 85 LBers this year

Mike Johnson - who cares all upside no downside

Josh Vaughan - who cares

Jacquizz Rodgers - retain cheap/draft a player

Matt Bosher - resign

Cliff Matthews - probably doesnt make the roster this year

You've got 3-5 candidates for any sort of priority and you'll have close to $35 million in cap space with movable money starting in 2016.

And, you don't have to work in extreme changes in Ryan's deal given that it grows at a relatively even rate then stays the same or decreases in cap hit. Its a static condition.

We're totally fine financially. We've avoided major cap crunches in the last 6 years because the front office manages the cap well.

I never said Ryan won't get extended. I just said it doesn't make sense and you even have stated that as well with what's the rush so don't flip flop . I thought 49ers organization would be smart enough not to overpay the QB position but guess not they will now rot with the Falcons

swift

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

snapback.png

dont think he gets ext at all...this team will probably fail to make playoffs next year

Smitty and TD out ...and Ryan gone ...

Yeah, you did say he wouldn't get an extension. That's archived, so I can't quote it directly. Here's the link to the thread:

And here's something else you said in that thread:

"...Im going to get my hands on coaching film and break down this game and where Ryan struggled big time..."

Like I said, you've been saying for years you were going to break down film for us.