Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Not Falcon Related: Kapernick Got His Contract Extension

176 posts in this topic

I told u they'd pay him rather than find slither qb.

They are stupid but I think this team has a lot of friction going on and I think they are all in for this season or they might blow it up and Harbaugh leave . So they made there QB happy have very little holes on the team hoping Bowman and Willis are healthy and they make run this year

I wouldn't pay Collin that $$

Elway took huge pay cut

By agreeing to restructure his contract, Elway saved the team $3.1 million against the salary cap for this season and provided the room to sign Smith. As a result Elway's base salary this year will be less than $600,000, making him one of the league's lowest-paid starting quarterbacks. "That guy always bails out this team," says defensive end Dan Williams. "He'd do anything to help this team win." Smith will do his part too. His six-sack total last season was his lowest since 1988, his rookie year, but would have ranked second on the '96 Broncos. "Not only will he be helping us," Elway points out, "but now we don't have to face him twice a year either."

they also got penalized draft picks years later for cheating

Elway took huge pay cut

By agreeing to restructure his contract, Elway saved the team $3.1 million against the salary cap for this season and provided the room to sign Smith. As a result Elway's base salary this year will be less than $600,000, making him one of the league's lowest-paid starting quarterbacks. "That guy always bails out this team," says defensive end Dan Williams. "He'd do anything to help this team win." Smith will do his part too. His six-sack total last season was his lowest since 1988, his rookie year, but would have ranked second on the '96 Broncos. "Not only will he be helping us," Elway points out, "but now we don't have to face him twice a year either."

In December 2001, the league imposed an oddly-specific fine of $968,000 and stripped the Broncos of a third-round pick in the 2002 draft. The punishment arose from cap violations relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2008/10/01/davis-was-referring-to-broncos-cap-violations/

Seems like he didn't take a pay cut....he just “deferred” payment... which apparently the NFL had a problem with.

salary cap era was Peyton . He was top 3

No other QB was top 3 in terms of cap hit have gone on to win SB

Falcons will be entering that zone soon with Ryan 2016,2017

Where Ryan will stand will depend on the contracts of several QBs such as Kaep, Wilson, RGIII, Luck, etc. Real good chance Matty still won't crack the top 5

I love this place.

Every QB is overrated or undeserving...except Matt Ryan.

There are only 4 QBs in NFL worth there value

Brady - who took a sweet heart deal

Rodgers

Brees

Peyton

every other QB in the NFL is overpaid Flacco included

Ryan included

Rivers

Romo

Cutler

Collin

Eli

Big Ben

Gotta say, as a Falcons fan, love this new contract. Makes Ryan's look reasonable and makes it much harder for SF to keep the team together long term.

Half the SF team was making more than CK, not any more.

Seattle has another year before they have to deal with it, Carolina too

Uh Carolina is already Cap screwed....

Look at there WRs,CBs,OLINE,etc.

Where Ryan will stand will depend on the contracts of several QBs such as Kaep, Wilson, RGIII, Luck, etc. Real good chance Matty still won't crack the top 5

that won't matter cause these deals are getting pushed back to the end (teams are pushing back the big cap hits towards end of contracts) by that time they hope to restructure or get out of contract sometime soon

They are stupid but I think this team has a lot of friction going on and I think they are all in for this season or they might blow it up and Harbaugh leave . So they made there QB happy have very little holes on the team hoping Bowman and Willis are healthy and they make run this year

The mistake would be letting harbaugh walk. I don't think you make a qb happy if you don't believe in him either. Right now they believe in him.

Rodgers

Brees

Peyton

Ryan included

Rivers

Romo

Cutler

Collin

Eli

Big Ben

Brees is not worth his value. He isn't worth $20 mil a year anymore. Even Saint fans said he has taken a step back. Some of them anyway

The Niners will have to make a decisions on some really good players soon.

Mike Upati is arguably their best o-lineman(same case can be made for Staley), Aldon Smith, Crabtree, and a few others.

Falcons are screwed . Wait to Julio gets his 6 year 80 million, Roddy gets his 3 years 20 million

That will be somewhat roughly between 16 % -18 % of cap hit tied up in 3 players

Brees is not worth his value. He isn't worth $20 mil a year anymore. Even Saint fans said he has taken a step back. Some of them anyway

He is cause he makes the players around him better

Kenny Stills

Colston

are good players but Brees takes there game up a notch

Falcons are screwed . Wait to Julio gets his 6 year 80 million, Roddy gets his 3 years 20 million

That will be somewhat roughly between 16 % -18 % of cap hit tied up in 3 players

the cap is going up for about 2 more years.

so the 9ers are just as dumb as the falcons huh

dont pay these idiots like that unless they win a ring

It's all about the money. Players these days don't care as much for the sport anymore.

Brady took less money to chase a ring . I wish Ryan would have done the same

Like Lebron did in Miami

truth

Rodgers

Brees

Peyton

Ryan included

Rivers

Romo

Cutler

Collin

Eli

Big Ben

Brady already has his money

He still took less if anything Brady should be the highest paid QB in league based off accomplishments and play ..