Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Not Falcon Related: Kapernick Got His Contract Extension

176 posts in this topic

That's what every NFL/Pro Sports fans says every-time the contract scale slides more and more into the stratosphere. $110 Million is now the low ball figure for Wilson/Luck/Newton/RG3 etc. to eventually step over and keep pushing it higher. As long as the salary cap grows, it really doesn't matter. Teams that benefited from the Rookie Salary Cap may have to play with their numbers for the next few years though to keep teams intact.

The contracts Ryan and Flacco signed will look like deals over the next 2-3 seasons.

Ive said this over and over but a few select people don't want to hear it. Less fuel to the Ryan fire.

I love it when other teams pay their QB's huge contracts - just means he's gonna cripple their team.The bill has finally come for the 49ers, can't wait for Seattle's to come too.

They will lose some of their key pieces next offseason.

About half of their o-line will be FAs I believe.

They draft well and have depth. example: they drafted the guard/center from usc who is good and the drafted the guard/tackle from clemson. both probably won't see a down behind the current opine barring injury but they have a year for grooming and will be ready to go.

Look at the 49ers last two drafts, you can't convince me they drafted an impact rookie besides the SS last year but they have some good depth when they can't afford their current guys i.e.. Borland, RB from Carolina etc.

I thought 49ers would trust system over QB and trade Collin for draft picks and select a new QB

Told you it was a pipe dream. This strange theory of teams no longer valuing QBs was silly to begin with.

ukfalc and falconsd56 like this

Told you it was a pipe dream. This strange theory of teams no longer valuing QBs was silly to begin with.

Wait until Luck gets paid.

That going to change the record book.

This is the new era of football and he, along with cam, Russell Wilson and RG3 spearhead the bunch..duel threat QB's in the future will run the NFL and it will cost to keep them..

Aaah, another fantasy of yours bites the dust.

Just like the "Ryan won't get extended" fantasy, the "Trade Ryan and sign Manning" fantasy, the " Falcons will be a 6 win team in 2012" fantasy, the "TD, Ryan and Smith will all be gone in 2012" fantasy.

Really, find me a team that did what you're describing- got rid of a good young QB w/o having his replacement on the roster like you were suggesting Harbaugh would do.

I never said Ryan won't get extended. I just said it doesn't make sense and you even have stated that as well with what's the rush so don't flip flop . I thought 49ers organization would be smart enough not to overpay the QB position but guess not they will now rot with the Falcons

Last game CK played, he had 3 TOs on 3 straight possessions in the 4th quarter and cost his team a chance at the super bowl.

BS.

Only Matt Ryan has bad moments to use as gifs.

it's stupid and teams are going to fall on there *** like Falcons did in 13'

You keep overpaying the QB position you are weakening the rest of your team as people mention g in here the 49ers have other players to deal with

Falcons are overpaying Ryan and have a ton of holes .

Next up will be Julio huge contract and next 5 seasons were stuck with a average football team bloated with a QB and WR overpaid

Ryan2Julio11 likes this

Last game CK played, he had 3 TOs on 3 straight possessions in the 4th quarter and cost his team a chance at the super bowl.

And the season before that he was one pass from winning the SB.

You should be worrying about Ryan's playoff turnovers.

You keep overpaying the QB position you are weakening the rest of your team as people mention g in here the 49ers have other players to deal with

Next up will be Julio huge contract and next 5 seasons were stuck with a average football team bloated with a QB and WR overpaid

but when 32 teams do it, does it really still weaken your team?

but when 32 teams do it, does it really still weaken your team?

The teams that have won Super Bowls as of late have done it with a QB not in the top 3 against cap

Boohoo.

Wrong again and too bitter, twisted and consumed by hatred for TD and Ryan to admit it.

They will lose some of their key pieces next offseason.

About half of their o-line will be FAs I believe.

And the Falcons will be waiting to grab them. :D

Just like how the Ravens have yet to beat Ryan?

You mean in the ONE game played in Atlanta on a Thursday? In the regular season?

Sure...just like that....

The teams that have won Super Bowls as of late have done it with a QB not in the top 3 against cap

but there all QB's who are going to be, like Kap.

Wait until Luck gets paid.

That going to change the record book.

No they aren't . Luck is not going to make more then then bubble right now

All QBs are getting paid around same right now

Luck , Wilson will fall into same