Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Not Falcon Related: Kapernick Got His Contract Extension

176 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/n...-deal-extension

Colin Kaepernick was an unknown commodity two seasons ago, a backup quarterback behind a division champion starter. Now Kaepernick is a true franchise quarterback, with the contract to prove it.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a six-year mega extension through 2020 that will pay the signal-caller up to $126 million. The deal includes $60 million guaranteed.

Kaepernick was entering the final year of his rookie contract, which was set to pay him under $1 million.

ATL will have more on this story soon.

horrible contract

team won't learn

That's what every NFL/Pro Sports fans says every-time the contract scale slides more and more into the stratosphere. $110 Million is now the low ball figure for Wilson/Luck/Newton/RG3 etc. to eventually step over and keep pushing it higher. As long as the salary cap grows, it really doesn't matter. Teams that benefited from the Rookie Salary Cap may have to play with their numbers for the next few years though to keep teams intact.

The contracts Ryan and Flacco signed will look like deals over the next 2-3 seasons.

Tuggle'2 likes this

He cashed out and I ain't mad. Shid get as much money as you can out of this league.

Cam & Russell gotta be grinning

All the GREAT NFL QB's from the past are turning over in their graves, most never made more than $50,000/yr.

This is a story of how ridiculous the world has become. Instant stardom..........instant payday..........instant foolishness.

Laughable.

That's what every NFL/Pro Sports fans says every-time the contract scale slides more and more into the stratosphere. $110 Million is now the low ball figure for Wilson/Luck/Newton/RG3 etc. to eventually step over and keep pushing it higher. As long as the salary cap grows, it really doesn't matter. Teams that benefited from the Rookie Salary Cap may have to play with their numbers for the next few years though to keep teams intact.

The contracts Ryan and Flacco signed will look like deals over the next 2-3 seasons.

I disagree .. Luck, Wilson are not getting paid more than Ryan, Flacco, Romo, Cutler

all these contracts are around the same ball park

Well he got market value. And the value keeps rising. Ryan's contract will be peanuts in a couple years. Russell is up next.

I love it. I like to see people get inordinate amounts of money to play a game. Especially one of my favorite games.

Brady, Peyton and Brees won't be around much longer. Ryan and Flacco are primed to join Rogers.

Then there is a slew of newcomers that could shoot up the charts. Luck, Cam, Kap, Russell, RJ3 and more.

horrible contract

team won't learn

Ryan doesn't deserve 100 million but there aren't many players in the NFL that do . If I know Jim Harbaugh and the smart organization that the 49ers are they are planning there exit strategy away from Collin . Jim and his system will draft a QB within next two seasons then look to trade Collin and implement a new QB that he can use so he doesn't have to pay Collin . SF will stay contenders by having a complete team around QB and not over pay QB

Aaah, another fantasy of yours bites the dust.

Just like the "Ryan won't get extended" fantasy, the "Trade Ryan and sign Manning" fantasy, the " Falcons will be a 6 win team in 2012" fantasy, the "TD, Ryan and Smith will all be gone in 2012" fantasy.

Really, find me a team that did what you're describing- got rid of a good young QB w/o having his replacement on the roster like you were suggesting Harbaugh would do.

Kaepernick had 20 or more completions twice in '13 (his only two games over 300 yards): Weeks 1 and 17. Gets the most guaranteed money ever.

Good for Kap to get so much guaranteed money. Face it, if your QB is good, then you have to pay them. Teams don't win with bad QB's. The real success for Kap will be if he is able to play through the entire contract, and odds are that he (and most QB's) won't see the end of their mega deals, because of injury and declining skills.

I thought 49ers would trust system over QB and trade Collin for draft picks and select a new QB

You think everyone is gonna trade their QB.
Tuggle'2 likes this

I thought 49ers would trust system over QB and trade Collin for draft picks and select a new QB

They can't keep trading their starting Qbs forever though.

They would have had to eventually settle with paying one.

Good for Kap to get so much guaranteed money. Face it, if your QB is good, then you have to pay them. Teams don't win with bad QB's. The real success for Kap will be if he is able to play through the entire contract, and odds are that he (and most QB's) won't see the end of their mega deals, because of injury and declining skills.

The problem here is that Kap sucks.

And what does assumptions make out of people?

*****!

Gotta say, as a Falcons fan, love this new contract. Makes Ryan's look reasonable and makes it much harder for SF to keep the team together long term.

Half the SF team was making more than CK, not any more.

Seattle has another year before they have to deal with it, Carolina too