Schedule?

So I just got around to looking at the season schedule finally. Does anyone other than me find it aggravating that we are playing the Saints on opening day for the 2nd season in a row? For me personally, that's always one of the games I look forward to most during the regular season. Kind of a reason to get really excited about a game when the season is moving along. Aside from that, playing the same team two seasons in a row on opening day is not only lame, it's bad scheduling. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else had the same feeling. Sorry if there was already a thread about this. Didn't see one when I looked, and haven't been around for a few weeks.

So I just got around to looking at the season schedule finally. Does anyone other than me find it aggravating that we are playing the Saints on opening day for the 2nd season in a row? For me personally, that's always one of the games I look forward to most during the regular season. Kind of a reason to get really excited about a game when the season is moving along. Aside from that, playing the same team two seasons in a row on opening day is not only lame, it's bad scheduling. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else had the same feeling. Sorry if there was already a thread about this. Didn't see one when I looked, and haven't been around for a few weeks.

I wanted to play Pit in the first game but I'm cool with it...Football is football

Playing the Saints first is a golden opportunity for the Falcons to find out exactly where they're at. If they play well and beat the Saints, it will springboard the confidence of the team back to 2012 and will put them on a great early momentum roll. If they lose, there will be reasons for the loss which can be addressed and adjustments made. A loss could be a bad omen, but the Falcons are a young team and I don't see a loss to the Saints being a terrible stumbling block...unless we get flat-headed. That would probably indicate deeper problems still remain that can't be fixed quickly. Of the three possibilities, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I doubt we get flat-headed. It should be a close, hard-fought game won in the last couple of minutes, hopefully by us.

Playing the Saints first is a golden opportunity for the Falcons to find out exactly where they're at. If they play well and beat the Saints, it will springboard the confidence of the team back to 2012 and will put them on a great early momentum roll. If they lose, there will be reasons for the loss which can be addressed and adjustments made. A loss could be a bad omen, but the Falcons are a young team and I don't see a loss to the Saints being a terrible stumbling block...unless we get flat-headed. That would probably indicate deeper problems still remain that can't be fixed quickly. Of the three possibilities, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I doubt we get flat-headed. It should be a close, hard-fought game won in the last couple of minutes, hopefully by us.

I agree, a close loss is certainly not the end of the world. No matter how disappointing it might be for us fans. It is definitely a great game to test the team and see where we're at.

It's a great test for this team, and still a very winnable game.

Because [a] the energy in that Dome will be sky-freaking-high for the season opener + first home game + rival matchup, and we all know the Saints can magically turn into soggy garbage on the road at any given moment.

Edited by The Falchemist