Safety Will Hill

I think the Falcons should really consider bringing in Will Hill. Yes I know he's out the first 6 games, but bringing him in would show leadership and forward thinking. He Comes in, Gets The Necessary Help And Hopefully Helps The Team win. User friendly contract I'm sure would be in order.

6 game suspension, and not far away from a year long suspension. This is one of those cases of, "I have no reason to believe that he'll get his act together, but I'll believe that he will anyway, b/c I want it to happen."

Some players never get it right, and keep getting into trouble. Hill seems to be one of those guys.

Its so ******* stupid these guys can get piss drunk every night but one toke of a blunt and their careers are in jeopardy... so stupid

Rules are rules (stupid or not) and the really stupid part is, that he knows there is a fair chance of getting caught and even though, he can't stay away from it.

For real. I wonder how much better off these players would be if they could light up a J in the locker room instead of pulling a Taints and popping vicodin on the way in from practice... ugh

I was watching vintage NFL films the other night on NFLN and mofos were smoking cigs in the locker room and on the sidelines ,,,,,I always find that hysterical for some reason LOL ....

Its so ******* stupid these guys can get piss drunk every night but one toke of a blunt and their careers are in jeopardy... so stupid

The law is the law. If you want to disagree with the law, then that's your right. The NFL's enforcement of said law, however, is not out of line.

Rules are rules (stupid or not) and the really stupid part is, that he knows there is a fair chance of getting caught and even though, he can't stay away from it.

Yeah, I think the NFL's punishment for marijuana is a bit too harsh, especially with a few of their teams residing in states that have legalized usage of recreational cannabis with more to soon follow.

Yeah, I think the NFL's punishment for marijuana is a bit too harsh, especially with a few of their teams residing in states that have legalized usage of recreational cannabis with more to soon follow.

I actually approve of the national legalization of marijuana, but, until that happens, I won't fault the NFL for punishing over its use.

Guest King Jigsaw

How would bringing in a guy on drug suspension show leadership and forward thinking? Are we the fûcking bengals now?

Well, in my line of work there's a zero tolerance towards alcohol and drugs, and even the smallest amount of THC in a urine sample would cost me my job. THC can stay in the body for 4-6 weeks depending on how much people smoke and even if it was legal to smoke it, I would still get fired for a possitive test. That's the rules and I knew that when I started working there ... And I have a family to support, so I choose to stay away from it. My job is more important to me, than using recreational cannabis or any other drug for that matter. Players like Hill knows the NFL rules and even though, they choose to use drugs anyway. That signals drug abuse to me, and not just the occational cannabis use. After his first suspension he should have made a decision :

What more important? Playing proffesional football (a job a lot of people can only dream about) or smoking cannabis?

I'm moving to Christiania .......laugh.png

It's still illegal there .. You would have to go to Amsterdam to smoke cannabis legally dry.png.

There's still a lot of debate in Denmark about legalizing cannabis, not because people think it's a good idea to smoke it, but to put an end to the gang wars over the illegal markets.

Well, in my line of work there's a zero tolerance towards alcohol and drugs, and even the smallest amount of THC in a urine sample would cost me my job. THC can stay in the body for 4-6 weeks depending on how much people smoke and even if it was legal to smoke it, I would still get fired for a possitive test. That's the rules and I knew that when I started working there ... And I have a family to support, so I choose to stay away from it. My job is more important to me, than using recreational cannabis or any other drug for that matter. Players like Hill knows the NFL rules and even though, they choose to use drugs anyway. That signals drug abuse to me, and not just the occational cannabis use. After his first suspension he should have made a decision :

What more important? Playing proffesional football (a job a lot of people can only dream about) or smoking cannabis?

I get that professional players shouldn't be smoking weed.

The problem that I have with the NFL's stance on their punishment towards it is that they just suspend them for significant amounts of time. They need to make sure that the NFL players get help if needed instead of letting it get to the point where they just continue to be repeat offenders.

Make it mandatory that they spend a significant amount of time in rehab and meet specific requirements before they can be cleared to play again. I just think that just suspending them won't resolve much because it will allow them to just spend more time doing nothing else but continue bad habits. The NFL should at least make it their priority to ensure that those suspended players are spending their lengthy suspensions trying to get their life together in some sort of rehab program.

It's still illegal there .. You would have to go to Amsterdam to smoke cannabis legally dry.png.

There's still a lot of debate in Denmark about legalizing cannabis, not because people think it's a good idea to smoke it, but to put an end to the gang wars over the illegal markets.

I had heard it is kind of unenforced there, like a free zone .....that is the biggest part of the debate here that makes sense,,the only ones profiting from its illegality are the dealers .. people are not gonna quit no matter WTF they do, so why not tax it and sell it like liquor ? In the words of Glen Frey, " They say they're gonna stop it but it doesn't go away " .....