• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been exasperated with Jelly for as long as he's been a Falcon and his injury history has created serious questions as to his practical value to the team going forward, even factoring in he had the best production of his career last year. I'm still very skeptical that he should be among those who stick with the team beyond TC. In my mind he would have to be significantly better than his competition to stay. If he's just a little better, the same or worse, then cut him because his injury history makes him just too risky to keep. We have a boatload of DT's, we should have enough competition to ensure we have above-average talent there for at least the next three or four years. Whether Jelly is part of the group going forward is completely up to him. But, if he's among the best DT's by end of preseason, I'll be proud and happy to have him stay.

Clearly his injury was far more than an ACL. His stance was different, his running style changed. That knee injury was nasty. The Falcons never released the extent of it. I think the only thing the Falcons are guilty of is blind loyalty to him. Or simply could not admit the injury devastated their first round pick. what ever way you look at if, Peria was never the same and had to change him game from a wicked first step speed game to a more traditional space eater.

I've been exasperated with Jelly for as long as he's been a Falcon and his injury history has created serious questions as to his practical value to the team going forward, even factoring in he had the best production of his career last year. I'm still very skeptical that he should be among those who stick with the team beyond TC. In my mind he would have to be significantly better than his competition to stay. If he's just a little better, the same or worse, then cut him because his injury history makes him just too risky to keep. We have a boatload of DT's, we should have enough competition to ensure we have above-average talent there for at least the next three or four years. Whether Jelly is part of the group going forward is completely up to him. But, if he's among the best DT's by end of preseason, I'll be proud and happy to have him stay.

Do we really have a boatload of DTs that we can honestly say are better than Jerry? Babs, Peters, Solai, Jackson, Hageman for sure but then who and when you consider 3-4 vs 4-3 sets etc. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Isn't there a good chance Peters starts the season on PUP with Jerry there to solidify the back up until mid season?

This is the GO. He'll get half a year to rip it up or else he's cut for Peters. Pretty smart depth signing forcing both players with injury concerns to duke it out for the last DT spot. Seriously you guys need to quit whinging about the no.5 DT who's on vet minimum. Bakers resigning on the other hand still annoys the $hit outta me. Now that's a bad signing by TD.

Clearly his injury was far more than an ACL. His stance was different, his running style changed. That knee injury was nasty. The Falcons never released the extent of it. I think the only thing the Falcons are guilty of is blind loyalty to him. Or simply could not admit the injury devastated their first round pick. what ever way you look at if, Peria was never the same and had to change him game from a wicked first step speed game to a more traditional space eater.

Lol witty name

Do we really have a boatload of DTs that we can honestly say are better than Jerry? Babs, Peters, Solai, Jackson, Hageman for sure but then who and when you consider 3-4 vs 4-3 sets etc. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Just my opinion, but i'd rather have Tyson Jackson, Malliciah Goodman (up from 275lbs to 290lbs now) and Travian Robertson than Jerry.

Just my opinion, but i'd rather have Tyson Jackson, Malliciah Goodman (up from 275lbs to 290lbs now) and Travian Robertson than Jerry.

Well saying he has zero chance at beating out Peters isn't really true. Peters still has to come back from his injury first. Just saying. In normal circumstances id agree Peters beats him every time. Injury changes it a bit.

Well saying he has zero chance at beating out Peters isn't really true. Peters still has to come back from his injury first. Just saying. In normal circumstances id agree Peters beats him every time. Injury changes it a bit.

Well if you want to get technical then yeah nothing is impossible, but when we sign both players to 1 year deals and Jerry gets 860,000 and Peters gets 1,600,000 almost double what Jerry got then yeah I think there is almost zero chance he is kept over Peters.

Well since I created the name, set it up and I promise you I'll say it to his face. Maybe he'll swing on me and I can get deep into his pockets and get some of that $8M back. Let me know. I'm serious.

What good is 8 mil when you now walking with a limp and your old lady leaves you because Jerry disfigured your face and you gotta pay a full time nurse to feed you and wipe the drool from your chin due to your injuries?

I think with peter's injury coming so late in the season, he won't be a factor until about week 8...he might be medically cleared to play but being the same ole corey is gonna take time....meanwhile jerry will take his spot as a backup tackle on defense....honestly, I think we need to keep both of them...we don't have a backup NT...if soliai goes out for any amount of time, we will have to use the 4 man front to stop the run....if we do, we will need jerry and peters

Look the dude was a bust due to injury and the fact he passed on good players. Im over it, if he stays cool or if he gets cut im fine with that too. Lets just put it to bed already.

we passed on good players every draft since TD got here....he is good at drafting the small school defensive project guys and can't miss offensive prospects but the other positions, he simply has missed on a lot of guys, meanwhile passing up guys who turned out to be players......the draft is a crap shoot anyway

Low risk high reward resigning. Dline depth doesnt grow on trees.

I agree, this was a low investment depth signing. One yr, 800k for an experienced backup vet isn't much. If he beats out T. Robinson and Repogle, then we kept a decent dt without investing much money. If Peters hadn't blew out his Achilles so late in the season, I don't think they would've ever resigned Jerry because at this point we don't know when Corey will be ready to play nor do we know if he will be the same player he was before the injury. However, I think making the team could still be a challenge for Jerry because those young guys are hungry and if he only plays as well in preseason as those aforementioned guys, Smitty might just roll with the younger players. I believe Solai, Babs, Peters, Hageman, and Jackson are locks. With Travian, Jerry, Mathews and Repogle competing for the final 2 spots, assuming we carry 6 interior lineman.

Low risk high reward resigning. Dline depth doesnt grow on trees.

I agree, this was a low investment depth signing. One yr, 800k for an experienced backup vet isn't much. If he beats out T. Robinson and Repogle, then we kept a decent dt without investing much money. If Peters hadn't blew out his Achilles so late in the season, I don't think they would've ever resigned Jerry because at this point we don't know when Corey will be ready to play nor do we know if he will be the same player he was before the injury. However, I think making the team could still be a challenge for Jerry because those young guys are hungry and if he only plays as well in preseason as those aforementioned guys, Smitty might just roll with the younger players. I believe Solai, Babs, Peters, Hageman, and Jackson are locks. With Travian, Jerry, Mathews and Repogle competing for the final 2 spots, assuming we carry 6 interior lineman.