WHY in the H.ELL did TD ever draft this Slug in the first place ???

With his wall to wall injury prone history, mediocre performance overall, and with a dozen other A-1 prospects there to be drafted.............THIS is what TD thinks is worthy of a No.1 pick ???

Really ???

Talk about gotta laugh to keep from crying !!

Geeze, let's hope Pioli has some positive impact on this dreamer.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY in the H.ELL did TD ever draft this Slug in the first place ???

With his wall to wall injury prone history, mediocre performance overall, and with a dozen other A-1 prospects there to be drafted.............THIS is what TD thinks is worthy of a No.1 pick ???

Really ???

Talk about gotta laugh to keep from crying !!

Geeze, let's hope Pioli has some positive impact on this dreamer.

Jerry was a Top 25ish prospect that year. The pick was fine. He ripped his knee up immediately and that likely contributed to him never turning into a difference maker. As for the other prospects available, that wasn't a particularly strong draft. The best player taken around the spot that Jerry was taken is Clay Matthews....a guy that didn't fit the system we were running and has his own injury woes over the course of his career. A much better player, for sure, but hardly a perfect fit.

him making the roster looks very unlikely ... Especially with guys like Goodman getting big enough to play 3-4 DE and DT

Jackson,Soliai, Peters, Goodman, Babs, and Hageman

Then you got young guys like Travian Robertson and Donte Rumph

Matthew also

We will see

Agreed. He's going to have to show up big time in preseason or he's gone.. and most likely out of the league.

I don't, but it's been 4 seasons ago. Maybe the injury changed him but he'd still have to be defined as a bust with that 2 game arc and a few flashes last season in a contract year.

He's never been the same since that knee injury. He lost all explosiveness.

Edited by osiruz

Only the top 45 contracts are counted against the cap. Blank has all the money in the world and is willing to spend about all of it for a winner. For all I care they could invite 100 DT's to camp and pay them all 800k just to make a point that we are only going to take the best 5 or 6 DT's out of the group into the season. And cut the rest. There is no worry about resigning Jelly. He either comes out and plays or gets cut. It's a win - win situation. I hope we have 300 guys on our roster going into camp. Challenge every position on the field and see if we can uncover a few rough diamonds.

I've heard this before on TATF. The last time I heard it I pulled those games and nothing really jumped out. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

That was 5 years ago...You think I remember specific plays?

All I remember is that he had 2 great games. He stuffed up the middle and got good penetration closing run lanes.