Ok America - Time To Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is - Justin Beiber Apologizes For Racist Joke

Justin Bieber apologizes for racial slur joke

Published June 02, 2014

NEW YORK – Justin Bieber is apologizing after a years-old video surfaced showing the then-teenager telling a racist joke with the N-word.

In a statement Sunday to The Associated Press, Bieber said when he was a kid he didn't realize how certain words could hurt. He says he learned from his mistakes and apologized for them, and now is apologizing again because they have become public.

"I'm very sorry," Bieber said. "I take all my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable behavior."

The British tabloid The Sun first published the video, which is five years old. In it, a then 15-year-old Bieber tells a joke about black people that has the racial epithet as the punchline. Before he says it, someone warns him not to — but he says it anyway amid laughter.

"I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance," the statement said. "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all of those who I have offended."

It's the latest controversy for Bieber, who over the past couple of years has dealt with brushes with the law and other problems that have dealt a blow to his once wholesome image. The video was taken when Bieber was just emerging as a pop sensation.

In his statement, Bieber said that "ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future.

"I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

He ends the statement by saying "Once again ... I'm sorry."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/02/justin-bieber-apologizes-for-racial-slur-joke/

He was a stupid 15 year old at the time. He gets a complete pass on the joke.

What should be a bigger concern is that he's 20 years old now and still acting like a stupid 15 year old. He's a POS for what he's done as a supposed adult, not something he said when he was 15 years old.

^^^This^^^

Refusing to financially support someone who clearly has issues with you is "financially penalizing" them? Do you suppose minorities should have lined up to purchase Clippers tickets in light of finding out that Sterling not only doesn't appreciate their business, but he also has resorted to unscrupulous means to evict minority tenants from his apartments? I wasn't hanging on ABF when the bullsh*t broke with Donnie and V., but I'm shocked that someone thinks that he should be enabled by the people that he's holding back.

Refusing to financially support someone who clearly has issues with you is "financially penalizing" them? Do you suppose minorities should have lined up to purchase Clippers tickets in light of finding out that Sterling not only doesn't appreciate their business, but he also has resorted to unscrupulous means to evict minority tenants from his apartments? I wasn't hanging on ABF when the bullsh*t broke with Donnie and V., but I'm shocked that someone thinks that he should be enabled by the people that he's holding back.

Dude, put your face in the Sterling thread, then get back to me ;) Has nothing to do with ticket sales lol

I don't care. This video was out years ago. Not sure who he pissed off to have it released just now.

People who know him personally can decide how they want to deal with it. He was 15 at the time but if it was a friend of mine I think I might have to raise an eyebrow whether they were 15 or not. That said, he was a kid and plenty of people have said ignorant and idiotic things and I'd hate to be judged by things I said and did at 21, let alone 15.

He's still a dbag but this doesn't really stir up any emotions in me.

Dude, put your face in the Sterling thread, then get back to me wink.png Has nothing to do with ticket sales lol

My bad. I guess I read your post without knowing what other examples you might have for financially penalizing people for making racist comments. mellow.png