Who Starts At De For Us Week 1?

Who do you got Hageman or Jackson?Both are great 3-4 fits an they both have good potential!I got Hageman to trample over Bree's come week 1.Who yah got?

It's not going to be Hageman or Jackson, it will be Hageman-Soliai-Jackson or Babs-Soliai-Jackson. Jerry will rest Jackson and Peters will rest Soliai and Hageman will rest Babs.

Right now Babs is ahead of Hag on the chart but if Hag tears it up in camp and pre I would love to see him take it and run with it. ....

Hag Sol and Jax will make a very intimidating front, our LBers got to jell shine and rise, at least 2 of these rooks need to distinquish and separate from the pack.

Mass has got to TAKE the role of prime outside pass rush and become what everyone thinks Mack will be, I think a lot is going to be riding on him getting to the QB and his skill set should translate well to standing up, I am really really anxious to see how he does....

Hageman is still very raw. Just because he has tremendous upside and was taken in the 2nd round doesn't mean he should be starting right away. He has a long way to go from a technique standpoint and still has a lot to learn regarding Nolan's defense. Even polished rookie D-lineman can take a while to get up to speed.

I'm confident that Babs and Jackson are our starting 3-4 DEs for at least the first half of the year (baring injury). If Hageman proves to be a quick learner, he may start taking more snaps from Babs towards the end of the year.

If Hageman becomes a starter within the next year, that would be a great accomplishment and mean he's on his way to fulfilling his vast potential.

Maybe because Babs is old and starting to slide downhill and Hag has huge upside ? ....

huge upside doesn't mean you start week 1. that means you get into the rotation. what you call old im sure Nolan and Smith refer to as valuable experience.

Of course the starting Dline will be Babs, Soliai, and Jackson. Unless Babs gets hurt. Even if Hageman has 3 sacks in the preseason. If Babs couldn't play why pay him? Let him go and draft Hageman.

huge upside doesn't mean you start week 1. that means you get into the rotation. what you call old im sure Nolan and Smith refer to as valuable experience.

Of course the starting Dline will be Babs, Soliai, and Jackson. Unless Babs gets hurt. Even if Hageman has 3 sacks in the preseason. If Babs couldn't play why pay him? Let him go and draft Hageman.

No one said he WILL, but he certainly COULD ........I hope he does, would be great for this team to have an emerging young star on the D line...Babs days are numbered ...

I don't really think you will have a true "starter" on the DL this year. The rotation will be so heavy that it'll be tough to call who is really the "starter"

This more than anything.

I expect a close to 50/50 split between our 1s and 2s across the dline. with like a 70/30 split for our OLBs/pass rushers. Peters will come in for Soliai and Hageman will rotate between Jackson and Babs. It will depend on down and distance tho of course.

It's not going to be Hageman or Jackson, it will be Hageman-Soliai-Jackson or Babs-Soliai-Jackson. Jerry will rest Jackson and Peters will rest Soliai and Hageman will rest Babs.

I think that Goodman will battle for backup behind Jackson.

He is supose to be around 290 right now and will be a 3-4 DE.

I say both will start also they will be used in different ways

Exactly.

We will have lot of "starters" mainly because we'll have so many fronts. Of course a guy could be a back up in one spot but a starter in another. It's all part of the hybrid.