Matthews Would Have Been The #1 Pick Last Year

Was 2013 Matthews better than 2013 Joeckel/Fisher/Johnson? No, probably not.

Would 2014 Matthews have gone #1 overall if he could be magically teleported back into the 2013 draft? Yes. But so would Clowney, Mack, Robinson, or Watkins. Maybe even Evans and Lewan.

Will 2014 Matthews be better than 2014 Joeckel/Fisher/Johnson? TBD, but we'll find out soon...

Over Fisher and Joekel. And we got him at 6. And the best part is we had to do absolutely nothing, he fell right in our laps.That's how much of a stud this guy is. Biggest steal of the draft by far.

I totally agree, Matthews was IMO the safest pick of any. Time will tell for better or worse.

I hope Matthews develops into the franchise OT that he should, absolutely love watching how clean his college tape is, but as with all college players, safe pick or not, there is no knowing what we have until we get to watch him against opposing competition. Looking forward to that day :)

If I had been the Texans he would have been the number one pick this year. Said it before he was the surest bet in this draft and the most NFL ready I will take that over potential any day. Potential and a buck 50 will get ya a good cup of coffee around here.

If I had been the Texans he would have been the number one pick this year. Said it before he was the surest bet in this draft and the most NFL ready I will take that over potential any day. Potential and a buck 50 will get ya a good cup of coffee around here.

Where is good coffee a $1.50? Edited by Jpowers

It feels strange as a Falcons fan of late to be so excited about our Oline. I hope beyond hope we finally get to see Matt have an actual pocket and time throw. All that compiled with an apparent want to have a more down field attack along with a rejuvenated run game has me stoked. I just need to see it in action. Let's finally see our stupid slogan mean something. It's time to Rise the he11 up!

It feels strange as a Falcons fan of late to be so excited about our Oline. I hope beyond hope we finally get to see Matt have an actual pocket and time throw. All that compiled with an apparent want to have a more down field attack along with a rejuvenated run game has me stoked. I just need to see it in action. Let's finally see our stupid slogan mean something. It's time to Rise the he11 up!

Amen. It's been so long since I remember Turner running for over 150yrds in a game. I don't care which one of our RB's does it, but I want to see it again this year, hopefully on a regular basis. As much as I love watching pretty passes and highlight reel catches, I feel our best chance at getting to a Super Bowl is a return to a dominate run game with a lethal pass attack to compliment it.

Edited by FalconsInCanada

Guest captfalcon

I can do this too:

Last yr we shouldn't have been 4-12

Last yr Julio shouldn't have gotten hurt.

The **** with last yr and shoulda coulda woulda.

I want a championship this yr

Rise up

I am excited about this year,more so because you've seen the moves we made,from Mr Blank all the way down to the last guy on the practice squad,The Atlanta Falcons are committed to winning,I can't wait to see that commitment turn into results. We were so close 2 years ago,took a step back last year,but I believe we move forward this year,& in the next couple of years have multiple shots at playing for championships

Edited by Rajhae Battle

Guest fibonacci

Over Fisher and Joekel. And we got him at 6. And the best part is we had to do absolutely nothing, he fell right in our laps.That's how much of a stud this guy is. Biggest steal of the draft by far.

and tanking. You know, what most of this board was against.

Would love to know what people would have picked for our first two picks if we placed 12 overall.

ALL signs point to him being an All-Pro Stud.........and then some.

But...................let's not anoint him just yet, before his first NFL snap even occurs. Just wouldn't be fair to all those who are and were All-Pro.

Agree ??

P.S. I hope he re-writes the record book for NFL O-Linemen. I really do.