If Donald Sterling Walks Away With $2B

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What lesson did he learn?

You can't let anyone know ya don't like your girl hangin with the Blacks and keep your NBA franchise.

Maybe you could petition your Congresswoman to legislate a racist tax, add it to the tax code ;)

More importantly, what do you think he should have learned? What 'punishment' was 'just' for a dude like you?

This is the Clippers. The last NBA team sold went for $550M. In January, Forbes valued the Clippers at $575M.

Sterling made a killing.

I didn't see where Forbes valued them that low. When the bucks sold for $550 million, Cuban said it was ridiculous and thinks the average NBA franchise is worth closer to 1 billion. Guess he was right.

He probably doesn't care though, these guys with that much money are all ego, they love being an owner as much as they love the money.

I didn't see where Forbes valued them that low. When the bucks sold for $550 million, Cuban said it was ridiculous and thinks the average NBA franchise is worth closer to 1 billion. Guess he was right.

He probably doesn't care though, these guys with that much money are all ego, they love being an owner as much as they love the money.

They love being owners more than the money. They were already wealthy before they bought the teams. Some get into it a lil too much. Jerry Jones, Snyder, Steinbrenner and Al Davis come to mind

Guest fibonacci

Can someone sum up in a couple paragraphs what has happened? I haven't really followed this thing at all. But now I'm curious to how he got that money.

Can someone sum up in a couple paragraphs what has happened? I haven't really followed this thing at all. But now I'm curious to how he got that money.

Talkin about Sterling getting the money from the sale of the Clips. Seems the idea of a 'racist' getting money from selling something they own is rustling a few jimmies ;)

The NBA owners were going to force him to sell the team, and by voting on it with a supermajority they would have controlled the sale, I.e. Who it went to and for how much, though the Sterling's would have still received the proceeds. By selling the team before the vote, Sterling got to control who it went to (not as important), how much they sold it for, and how the capital gains tax would be structured. So it's a win for him.

Guest fibonacci

Talkin about Sterling getting the money from the sale of the Clips. Seems the idea of a 'racist' getting money from selling something they own is rustling a few jimmies ;)

I'm just a curious old fart.

Guest fibonacci

The NBA owners were going to force him to sell the team, and by voting on it with a supermajority they would have controlled the sale, I.e. Who it went to and for how much, though the Sterling's would have still received the proceeds. By selling the team before the vote, Sterling got to control who it went to (not as important), how much they sold it for, and how the capital gains tax would be structured. So it's a win for him.

thank you. And that's a huge win

Forbes valued Sterling's net worth at $2B, no doubt with the same valuation on the team. So he'll now check in at $3.4B minus appropriate taxation.

Guest terryowens81

What lesson did he learn?

That he was already married? Is he a mormon or something? Wtf is he doing with that jacked up horse jaw mistress of his in the first place?? Some rich people are just disgusting because having money can lead to never dealing with the consequences of their actions. F Sterling. He sounds like a frickin Zionist.

It's not just this incident either. This tape was a setup to take advantage of the Clippers' long awaited playoff appearance. All they had to do was pull this guy's card and vote him out but they drew first blood to provoke a vote first. If you're out, you're out though. I wish the NFL had voted Al Davis out a long time ago. He became detrimental not only to his team, but to the league as well. It really doesn't bother me at all if the NBA decided they wanted him out. He doesn't strike me as somebody with much integrity strutting around like 90 year old gigolo anyway.