Do We Have A Backup Nt?

mc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

Maybe it's because we are not running a true 3-4 like everyone on this board thinks.

People really need to start upping their games on this board on the full schemes of things. And stop thinking things are just 4-3 & 3-4 and nothing else.

Very good question, and I think the answer right now is a no.

NT is one of the hardest positions to fill, let alone, have a good backup for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think last year, in our 3 lineman looks, Corey Peters manned the NT role. What I'm hoping to see happen is Hageman moving to NT on obvious passing downs, to get some push up the middle.

Guest fibonacci

Hageman is going to be like babs, imo. 4 up front and he'll be a DT. 3 up front and he'll be a DE. olb coming in on a 3 up front (making it basically 4 up front) and he'll be mostly a DT with maybe a change of pace in a blew moon of a DE.

That's about the nicest way i can explain 4-5-2

Very good question, and I think the answer right now is a no.

NT is one of the hardest positions to fill, let alone, have a good backup for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think last year, in our 3 lineman looks, Corey Peters manned the NT role. What I'm hoping to see happen is Hageman moving to NT on obvious passing downs, to get some push up the middle.

Yep ,and yepper ...thing is been awful quiet on Peters, anyone know his projected timetable to practice and play ?

I think that many people don't truly understand the term "base" when it comes to defense.

A base defense is more like a team's default scheme or the type schematic concept that is used the most. It really does not mean that they only use that particular scheme all the time.

Many hybrid schemes gravitate towards more usage of 4-3 concepts(Patriots) or 3-4(Ravens and Jets) but they still incorporate concepts of the other scheme into their defense as well as a few others.

Some teams use their base defense as their full-scale defense outside of Nickel and sub-packages.

A base defense doesn't mean that a team just strictly runs that scheme. It could also mean that it is just a significant defensive package within the rest of their defensive scheme.

Guest King Jigsaw

Not us. If we had a base defense, we would know it for sure by now.

When they called for base today in camp they lined up in a 3-4.

Guest fibonacci

When they called for base today in camp they lined up in a 3-4.

I'm still calling bull #### on this. A lot of people don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

Guest fibonacci

I'll ask the same question a different way.Do we have a NT capable of performing the same role as Paul Solilalalalalalaiaiaia does in a 3 down linemen formation?

I'll ask a question back.....do teams who run a true 3-4 have a guy who can play like their starter NT?

I'll ask a question back.....do teams who run a true 3-4 have a guy who can play like their starter NT?

I'm on Tatf so I don't really care about other teams.I'm not in this debate about 3-4 base/hybrid/tasmanian wolf elephant rightside hybrid leo spider y 2 banana offense defense debate.I'm honestly asking do we have another NT on the roster who is capable of performing his role in a 3 down linemen formation?Obviously not at his level but who comes close? Edited by Jpowers

Guest fibonacci

I'm on Tatf so I don't really care about other teams.I'm not in this debate about 3-4 base/hybrid/tasmanian wolf elephant rightside hybrid leo spider y 2 banana offense defense debate.I'm honestly asking do we have another NT on the roster who is capable of performing his role in a 3 down linemen formation?Obviously not at his level but who comes close?

yes we have one. And yes it's good enough for us for how we run. But no it's not like a back up for teams of a true 3-4.

That answer it?

I'm on Tatf so I don't really care about other teams.I'm not in this debate about 3-4 base/hybrid/tasmanian wolf elephant rightside hybrid leo spider y 2 banana offense defense debate.I'm honestly asking do we have another NT on the roster who is capable of performing his role in a 3 down linemen formation?Obviously not at his level but who comes close?

Hageman can play that role if need be, and so can Peters. We don't need a backup NT per se, so if no one steps up, then I'm comfortable only having Soliai as our primary.

yes we have one. And yes it's good enough for us for how we run. But no it's not like a back up for teams of a true 3-4.

That answer it?

No not really?Who?Obviously other posters have you riled up because I haven't mentioned 3-4 once except in saying I'm not in that debate man.