Why?

I've always been amused at our fan base...They always tend to hope for the highest but expect the lowest!I don't get why we always doubt our Atlanta Teams?I mean Falcons went from pure crap to a winning team with a franchise QB,The Hawks should've been god awful after Smith an Johnson left an we still make the playoffs every year an coach bud is building a nice system,The Braves lost 2 stars in Chipper an McCann an we are still rolling sorta...But I've always wanted to know,why do we fall short of our hopes but when we exceed our expectations we overlook them?Why do us as fans do so?

Atlanta sports teams have a nasty habit of playing their worst ball in the biggest games of the year, against their (supposed) biggest rivals, in the play-offs, etc.

It does seem that way.

I will give the Hawks a pass for this year tho

Guest captfalcon

Don't forget to throw UGA in there. I SWEAR THEY MIRROR THE FALCONS AND I JUST WANT THE CHAIR KICKED FROM UNDER MT LEGS.

KILL ME NOW..DON'T WAIT TIL THE LAST GAME TO BE MEDIOCRE. EITHER WIN IT ALL OR SUCK FROM THE START..MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT

the capitalized word is why we don't care....

Because Atlanta is not your big sports Mecca like let's say your green bays or Seattle's (bandwagon fans or not) or your Alabama when it comes to college football, or maybe your new yorks when it comes to baseball..all them have something we don't as Atlanta fans, a trophy..If a championship trophy was here represented by any Atlanta team, we would care but we have gotten so close but no cigar so many times, that having those expectations can be demoralizing at times..

UGA is not an "Atlanta" team..

I beg to differ. They are a 159 county team. That includes Fulton.

Teams that brought titles home are Braves, Jackets and Dawgs. Again, begging to differ in my opinion of what the home teams are.

Because Atlanta is not your big sports Mecca like let's say your green bays or Seattle's (bandwagon fans or not) or your Alabama when it comes to college football, or maybe your new yorks when it comes to baseball..all them have something we don't as Atlanta fans, a trophy..If a championship trophy was here represented by any Atlanta team, we would care but we have gotten so close but no cigar so many times, that having those expectations can be demoralizing at times..

fac6e504971504ff0d4d62b655922367f1579f45bf69590e870e12956e9156f7.jpg

Guest King Jigsaw

I beg to differ. They are a 159 county team. That includes Fulton.

Teams that brought titles home are Braves, Jackets and Dawgs. Again, begging to differ in my opinion of what the home teams are.

The University of Georgia is a college located in Athens, Georgia.

This conversation was directed towards the fans of professional sports teams based in Atlanta, Georgia.

Learn the difference.

Guest King Jigsaw

I guess Ga teams aren't Atlanta teams now.

All Atlanta teams are Georgia teams. Not all Georgia teams are Atlanta teams.

This isn't a hard concept.

You know how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares? Same principle.

Guest King Jigsaw

It's funny.

I always include UGA along with Ga Tech when I'm thinking about "local" teams.

But I don't think of, say, Ga Southern as a local team

FBS bias. People consider Tech and UGA as the 'big boy' teams because they've been on a higher level for longer, despite Georgia Southern being a much, much, much more successful program.

FBS bias. People consider Tech and UGA as the 'big boy' teams because they've been on a higher level for longer, despite Georgia Southern being a much, much, much more successful program.

Yeah, that's probably true.

Guest King Jigsaw

Yeah, that's probably true.

GSU moved up to the Sun Belt this year and although they won't be eligible for a bowl game in their first year due to the rules of moving up (which I'm not sure I understand, seems like they're punishing the schools that are trying to advance themselves) they will at least get some very featured games against NC State, Navy, and Georgia Tech, along with a blowout domination of Atlanta Night School - err - Georgia State, I mean.

GSU moved up to the Sun Belt this year and although they won't be eligible for a bowl game in their first year due to the rules of moving up (which I'm not sure I understand, seems like they're punishing the schools that are trying to advance themselves) they will at least get some very featured games against NC State, Navy, and Georgia Tech, along with a blowout domination of Atlanta Night School - err - Georgia State, I mean.

That's gonna be interesting.

Ga Southern has been a favorite of mine ever since Erk Russell

Guest King Jigsaw

That's gonna be interesting.

Ga Southern has been a favorite of mine ever since Erk Russell

Yeah, a very good program if you like championships (GSU was considered the Alabama of the SoCon, which was considered the SEC of the FCS) and also traditions. A lot of traditions still live on today that were instituted during Erk's tenure. The Eagles have a lot of opportunities to turn some heads this year after beating Florida in the swamp last year.