Falcons' O-Line Noticeably Bigger, Stronger At Ota Session

Question for those who think this was such a bad play by Hawley- why didn't Campbell do that during the play so he could make the tackle?

It wasn't a bad play by Hawley he was just man handled and toss like a child. How come Campbell didnt do that during the play cause he probably didnt have the right leverage to be able to lift and toss Hawley and Hawley was balance but then Hawley kept blocking became off balance and Campbell was able to get some leverage and toss aside

Has nothing to do with a flop . Hawley was just tossed after the play

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those who think this was such a bad play by Hawley- why didn't Campbell do that during the play so he could make the tackle?

It wasn't a bad play by Hawley he was just man handled and toss like a child. How come Campbell didnt do that during the play cause he probably didnt have the right leverage to be able to lift and toss Hawley and Hawley was balance but then Hawley kept blocking became off balance and Campbell was able to get some leverage and toss aside

Has nothing to do with a flop . Hawley was just tossed after the play

So, if Campbell wasn't able to disengage himself from Hawley DURING the play and make the tackle, then Hawley did his job, right?

That's Hawley's job on that play, to keep Campbell from making a play- and he did that.

Then Campbell got a 15 yarder for losing his temper AFTER the play was over.

So, Hawley kept his man from making a play and got a 15 yarder on him AFTER the play was OVER, what the h#ll is wrong with that?

So,once again, not only do you put the most negative spin possible on that individual play, you use a single play to judge a man's entire body of work.

So, if Campbell wasn't able to disengage himself from Hawley DURING the play and make the tackle, then Hawley did his job, right?

That's Hawley's job on that play, to keep Campbell from making a play- and he did that.

Then Campbell got a 15 yarder for losing his temper AFTER the play was over.

So, Hawley kept his man from making a play and got a 15 yarder on him AFTER the play was OVER, what the h#ll is wrong with that?

So,once again, not only do you put the most negative spin possible on that individual play, you use a single play to judge a man's entire body of work.

Yes Hawley did his job

but Hawley didnt flop

I wasn't the one posting the gif

I was just commentating on your opinion it was a flop

I thought Hawley played fairly well last year but he still might not be answer for C and if he is I stated awhile back that Konz was a horrible pick so another horrible draft decision by TD

Another dumb fan or troll

Oh wow, chill out. I am probably one of the most supportive members around these boards, however it is no secret that our O-line has been considered weak and non-aggressive for too long (sans the Harvey Dahl years). And I am sure Matt complies with this statement. Nevertheless, no, supposedly, big and mean O-linemen should ever get tossed around like Hawley did in that gif. And if our lines indeed are bigger, meaner, and stronger compared to prior years I will be the first person to clap my hands.

Oh wow, chill out. I am probably one of the most supportive members around these boards, however it is no secret that our O-line has been considered weak and non-aggressive for too long (sans the Harvey Dahl years). And I am sure Matt complies with this statement. Nevertheless, no, supposedly, big and mean O-linemen should ever get tossed around like Hawley did in that gif. And if our lines indeed are bigger, meaner, and stronger compared to prior years I will be the first person to clap my hands.

My bad with all the new trolls and old ones with name changes all the time it's hard to keep up with. This stupid flop picture was brought out and overused a long time ago by trolls and people not knowing what they were talking about.

Anyways this was after the whistle the play was dead and Hawley did his job and got under CCs skin. CC then retaliated and Hawley flopped and drew the flag. It was a great thing getting the 15 yards not hard to understand.

Yes Hawley did his job

but Hawley didnt flop

I wasn't the one posting the gif

I was just commentating on your opinion it was a flop

I thought Hawley played fairly well last year but he still might not be answer for C and if he is I stated awhile back that Konz was a horrible pick so another horrible draft decision by TD

Oh, hey, look, a shot at TD, amazing, who'd have thought that would happen?

Look at Hawley during the throw- he's relaxed and offers no resistance whatsoever, then spins at the end- it's the spin that gives it away. If you don't think that's a flop, good thing you're not an NBA ref.

Whoever is at center will look better with Asomoah instead of Reynolds. Konz looked pretty decent at guard his first year, he may become Blalock's replacement in a year or two.

Oh, hey, look, a shot at TD, amazing, who'd have thought that would happen?

Look at Hawley during the throw- he's relaxed and offers no resistance whatsoever, then spins at the end- it's the spin that gives it away. If you don't think that's a flop, good thing you're not an NBA ref.

can you show me one NBA flop where a player is lifted off the GROUND AND THROWN?

I really liked this article, and judging by the pictures it looks like everyone's added some size, which is great. I'm loving the new additions to the right side of our line and should make it better for SJax, Freeman and Quizz to run on that side. I think Matt Ryan is going to be a very happy man with a bigger O-line and just overall better talent in front of him... Hawley or Konz whoever starts should have a good season with two OG's beside him that know what they are doing, overall we should just have a better offense next season, one that I'm looking forward to watching and pushing the ball down field !

He already practices against 2 top WRs in the NFL and held his own pretty well last season against other WRs.

I think that this is a good time as any to let him travel and see can he take away opposing teams' best receiving weapons all season.

Well the coaches obviously have the ultimate faith in him to let him do it because we know he's going to be tested a lot. A lot more than last year and if we don't have the dline to help him out, his confidence could take a shot.

He's got a tough slate of WRs. Saints open attack, Vincent Jackson, A.J. Green, Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall or Alshon, the Packers open attack.

He's got a tough slate ahead of him. And if our dline is ready to get pressure consistently, I prefer for him to continue to shut down the right side of the field.

Edited by doveboss26

Guest MikeKennHOF

The Hawley Toss wasn't the problem. It was after the whistle, and Hawley had let up. It was a punkazz move on Campbell's part.

But how did our guys react? What message was sent, then or later?

Just as with Matt's hit by Vacarro, we did nothing. We passively and meekly took our 15. While that may be smart, it is also soft, gutless, and weak.

At least "accidently" roll Campbell's knee on a subsequent play. Man up and defend your team mates. Send a message that this will not be tolerated.

Would the 70's Raiders line have just taken the 15? The Jimmy Johnson Cowboys line? ****, would even an average line on most teams today be so cowardly and soft?

Our linemen holdovers from last year have no heart, fire, guts, pride, or aggressiveness.

Once again, Campbell was not involved in the tackle, this happened after the play was over, it's an obvious flop, and the Falcons got an extra 15 yards. Hawley blocked Campbell during the play, Campbell got frustrated after the play and threw Hawley down, got an unsportsmanlike called on him.

It's a smart savvy play by Hawley.

I still think Hawley can be a serviceable OC for us. But, to clarify, there was no penalty called and we did not get an extra 15 yards. And Campbell actually had his way with our o-line that entire game.

I still think Hawley can be a serviceable OC for us. But, to clarify, there was no penalty called and we did not get an extra 15 yards. And Campbell actually had his way with our o-line that entire game.

OK, had several people tell a penalty was called on that play.

My bad with all the new trolls and old ones with name changes all the time it's hard to keep up with. This stupid flop picture was brought out and overused a long time ago by trolls and people not knowing what they were talking about.

Anyways this was after the whistle the play was dead and Hawley did his job and got under CCs skin. CC then retaliated and Hawley flopped and drew the flag. It was a great thing getting the 15 yards not hard to understand.

It's all good man. I've been around these boards for ~10 years, but I have not posted a whole lot, but I am an avid reader.

Anyways, I do believe Hawley can (is?) be a serviceable center, and even the biggest, nastiest, and strongest players have plays where they have been made fool of themselves (e.g. Turner destroying Ray Lewis on a blitz picup). My point is, I overall welcome the new strategy of getting stronger on both lines, and I really like the hirings of Mike Tice and Cox.

uh I'm posting on a message board, not getting paid to write some old ********. Furthermore sup can be considered a contraction. I meant to type sup, get some proof readers.

Lol reall? You just called people out for spelling/grammar issues. Once you get called out you back pedal and flip out? Lol thanks for the laugh.