Falcons' O-Line Noticeably Bigger, Stronger At Ota Session

The so called experts continue to bash the Falcons pass rush or lack there of. How do you not see a pass rush with a 3-4 defense like the one the Falcons will put on the field. Soliai, Jackson and Babs are monsters and will collapse the pocket allowing our edge rushers to exploit the inside pressure. I feel the Falcons will have a top 10 defense this year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or this Smittyball cross training BS doesn't work! I am so tired of hearing players being crossed trained which in most cases leads to them sucking at 2 positions rather than being good at one.

I haven't liked the way we've tried to cross train many of our players as well. But I'm not sure how that plays into Trufant's role. If he is a cover corner he shoukd be able at all the CB spots. I just didn't get the point in him playing solely on the right side last year when we traded up in the 1st round to get him. It just seems to me we took trufant with the expectations that he would be able to line up against the best WR's every down every sunday. But either way I like both him and alford( probably like alford a little more) just curious to know why thye want to switch things up now

Well yall boys can Google my nic and find a thread I posted saying we will be fielding an undersized 3-4 base defense.

An undersized base defense is not terribly bad but I'd prefer a bigger one.

I checked our projected starting Oline on AtlantaFalcons.com and it it is way undersized too.

We may be stronger, but we dam sho aint bigger. Trust me.

Don't come cryin on my shoulder.

Well yall boys can Google my nic and find a thread I posted saying we will be fielding an undersized 3-4 base defense.

I checked our projected starting Oline on AtlantaFalcons.com and it it is way undersized too.

Read that thread many times regarding the base D...we are like two lbs. max different...Take a crap in the am...you lost 6 ozs. different shoulder pads...Mute point

I think Trufant is going to have a down year this year. Not a matter of him shadowing the best WR, but of the defense growing and them asking more of him.

I think it's a great time to do it. I think this year is a 08 type year. Just don't look incompetent and keep retooling.

I think that Trufant may struggle the early part of the season but will probably have a decent season overall.

I'm more worried about if Alford can elevate his game to become a solid #2 corner because he did struggle a bit last season.

I also really hope that the 2012 season wasn't just a 1 year wonder from McClain because the Falcons need as many solid corner as possible.

The front 3 are not undersized, they're actually heavier than average for a 3-4 going on the weights listed.

The OLBs mentioned are not undersized at 260, they just don't have any talent.

ILB may be undersized for a 3-4 but a 350 NT helps that some.

Run defense will be much better, especially without Decoud to play blocker for the other team.

The team will be much better at setting up manageable 3rd down distances.

They just don't have anyone to consistently win on the edge there.

If some of the no names who haven't proven anything magically become players great, if not the team will still lack a pass rush when it needs it.

Here's hoping Hageman can be that beast who can line up anywhere on the DL and at the very least be disruptive and make the QB atleast feel like he's in some kind of danger.

I just didn't get the point in him playing solely on the right side last year when we traded up in the 1st round to get him. It just seems to me we took trufant with the expectations that he would be able to line up against the best WR's every down every sunday. But either way I like both him and alford( probably like alford a little more) just curious to know why thye want to switch things up now

there was a proven guy on the left side. They weren't going to move Asante to the right just to see if Trufant could handle it.

It seems smith is molding the defense with players he likes. Ts I believe went after smiths personnel and drafted with pioli what smith wants in a defense.

When smith was a d coordinator in Jacksonville I expected to have huge lines immediatly. It seems td wanted the fast "ball hawk" type defense and in pursuit lost depth and size.

Both philosophies are good but I've always preferred the big nasty guys. It seems we will accomplish that goal this year. Td skill players this year are all developing depth types. I like that we have done and what we accomplished.

Jake Matthews should be altleast a solid tackle. We upgraded at guard.

We drafted on the line defensively and added free agent talent. No one with eye popping numbers but all football players. Hageman is a dark horse but will have top talent surrounding him this year. He will have those rookie flashes of greatness but can he be consistent?

This off season both sides of the ball will be better without needing expensive skill players.

Next years draft is gonna be all about skill players but this year they want to beat down opponents with big weight.

Good. So we can expect the end of embarrassing moments like this:

lp4d.gif

Once again, Campbell was not involved in the tackle, this happened after the play was over, it's an obvious flop, and the Falcons got an extra 15 yards. Hawley blocked Campbell during the play, Campbell got frustrated after the play and threw Hawley down, got an unsportsmanlike called on him.

It's a smart savvy play by Hawley.

Question for those who think this was such a bad play by Hawley- why didn't Campbell do that during the play so he could make the tackle?

Once again, Campbell was not involved in the tackle, this happened after the play was over, it's an obvious flop, and the Falcons got an extra 15 yards. Hawley blocked Campbell during the play, Campbell got frustrated after the play and threw Hawley down, got an unsportsmanlike called on him.

Question for those who think this was such a bad play by Hawley- why didn't Campbell do that during the play so he could make the tackle?

How was that a OBVIOUS FLOP .. lol Jesus man

he was tossed like a rag doll . There is a difference between flopping and being tossed like a rag doll .

I haven't liked the way we've tried to cross train many of our players as well. But I'm not sure how that plays into Trufant's role. If he is a cover corner he shoukd be able at all the CB spots. I just didn't get the point in him playing solely on the right side last year when we traded up in the 1st round to get him. It just seems to me we took trufant with the expectations that he would be able to line up against the best WR's every down every sunday. But either way I like both him and alford( probably like alford a little more) just curious to know why thye want to switch things up now

We drafted Jake Matthews in the first round. It is obviously our intent to use him as our LT of the future, but we are playing him at RT this year. If Baker goes down this year, would we move Matthews over, or keep him where he is? (I would move him over but could see why the coaching staff might not)

The Tru situation last year and Matthews this year are very similar. Nothing to be concerned about.

LOL you are correct in which Hawley blocked him good during the play and got him frustrated...But that was not a flop. He got thrown to the side as if he weighed 20 lbs not pushing 300. If anything it caught him by surprise and by the time he realized what was about to happen it was too late.

False!

You can google that.

LOL@ at the pride of Hawley then . Let me get tossed like a rag doll. Show my toughness

did Campbell get a penalty ?

Already said he got a 15 yarder.

Still haven't answered the question.

LOL you are correct in which Hawley blocked him good during the play and got him frustrated...But that was not a flop. He got thrown to the side as if he weighed 20 lbs not pushing 300. If anything it caught him by surprise and by the time he realized what was about to happen it was too late.

It was a flop- he relaxed, let Campbell throw him, added the spin at the end.