Devin Hester

Devin Hester does not anticipate much offensive involvement with Atlanta.

Hester has never been effective on offense, so the Falcons are letting him focus on special teams. "My role is going to be pretty much kickoff and punt return," Hester said. "I’ll take over full responsibility of that duty, and as far as on offense, here and there." Hester averaged a respectable 27.6 yards per kick return in 2013. He averaged 14.2 yards on punts, including an 81-yard score.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution May 28 - 7:20 PM

He would be awesome in the backfield in a Sproles type role!

Just because Hester is fast, does't mean that he could play like Sproles does. Is Hester good in pass protection…probably not since he's never been asked to do it. How is Hester at selling a defense on screen plays? Probably not very good since it has never been his role. Sproles is supremely talented at what he does, where as Hester was always just a project on offense for the Bears, which eventually they stopped trying and left Hester on special teams.

Hester is here to return kicks and that's all we need him for.

Edited by 4dabirds

yeah, they definitely wouldn't tell him... WTF?

LOL.......I just think what's talked about to the press & public will not resemble what we will see come Sept. 7, 2014.

This is true with most, if not all of the Falcon plays and schemes used in the regular season.

Guest King Jigsaw

yeah, they definitely wouldn't tell him... WTF?

It's not a matter of the coaches not telling Hester.

It's a matter of Hester not telling the media.

I really hope that isn't a hard concept to comprehend.

I think the people who thought Hester was going to bring something offensively because he is fast are the same group of people who thought McCullers was worth anything because he was big. More to the game.

Hester never had a good Qb, Culter sux!

I hope they atleast try on O with MR!

If you can't catch, you can't catch. You can go back through his whole career. When you're that fast the only reason you play DB instead of CB is because your hands suck.

I can see us using him and Julio on reverse plays. That would be great. Not sure about execution but ad a fan you can't ask for more options than that.

One thing is very clear, we made additions in fa, additions in the draft and addition by subtraction as well to improve our team in all three phases of the game.

The same can't be said about last year's off season. I'm pumped for the season and can't wait.

I can see us using him and Julio on reverse plays. That would be great. Not sure about execution but ad a fan you can't ask for more options than that.

One thing is very clear, we made additions in fa, additions in the draft and addition by subtraction as well to improve our team in all three phases of the game.

The same can't be said about last year's off season. I'm pumped for the season and can't wait.

Guest King Jigsaw

If you can't catch, you can't catch. You can go back through his whole career. When you're that fast the only reason you play DB instead of CB is because your hands suck.

huh.png