10 Sacks For Jonathan Massaquoi In 2014

momak

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But compiling tackles doesn't make you a star. Those plays have to be taken in context. Demorio Williams had 127 tackles one year with the Faclons. Nobody called him a star. The Falcons didn't even try to resign him when his contract was up.

Tell Keith Brooking that! LOL

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Kroy Biermann, Paul Worrilow, Joplo Bartu, and Robert McClain all say hi

Shropshire and Sidbury are waving as well.

I actually wasn't including Worrilow or Bartu just b/c they're young and while I don't share the "they'll be stars" mantra that others have they performed well as rookies for two undrafted guys.

Biermann is the epitome of what I'm talking about though. People still talk about him like he's Clay Matthews. The guy's career high for sacks in a season is FIVE! Yet people still act like getting him back is going to help solve the pass rush issues.

At this stage it's time to concede that getting after the QB probably isn't his thing.

But compiling tackles doesn't make you a star. Those plays have to be taken in context. Demorio Williams had 127 tackles one year with the Faclons. Nobody called him a star. The Falcons didn't even try to resign him when his contract was up.

That makes sense, until you factor in that it's a rookie UDFA that is doing this. And the guy didn't start the season, he didn't begin starting until week 5!!

That is a BIG distinction. A guy that can do that, while not playing the entire season as a rookie should definitely turn heads. You are applying logic as if he's a vet or 1st rounder. He's not.

Remember, he has amazing production for anyone not starting from week 1. Then a from a rookie? That makes his stats jump off the page, ala the "Star" comments! And that is fair, given his circumstance.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

Lawrence Sidbury had 4 sacks in limited time exactly one year before being let go in free agency. Where is he now?

Well the FO didn't trust Sidbury like they seem to trust Mass.

It appears as if Mass will get a lot more playing time than Sidbury ever did. That will make a difference on where they are. Whether or not it translates into production I'm not sure but it is a legitimate reason to laugh.

People must understand this is the year for prospect to shine. We have a More Complete defense then ever. Our outside rush always suffered from lack of interior pressure. But it seems we have fixed it this year. I have high hopes. I also have high hopes for next year because we can blow some picks for DE Vic Beasley, for the final peace. I feel That the Falcons is about to establish a Dynasty on Par with Tom Brady NE Patriots dynasty in these upcoming seasons. 2 Super bowl wins within the next 5 years. Calling it now