Matt Ryan... The Prototypical Pr Model For A Franchise Qb

Switching gears...

Watching some of the new draftee QB's and the soon to be drafted QB's reminds me of the overlooked Matt Ryan skill.... PR

Some of the highlights:

Always appreciative to front office

Didn't do any public whining during extension talks

No showy and excessive public spending

Low key house

No arrests

No trashing teammates

Cameo charity appearances, golf, events, other

No local stories of acting out away from cameras

Regardless of on field performance... He is a PR success who does not embarrass his fans...

Switching gears...

Watching some of the new draftee QB's and the soon to be drafted QB's reminds me of the overlooked Matt Ryan skill.... PR

Some of the highlights:

Low key house

No arrests

No trashing teammates

Regardless of on field performance... He is a PR success who does not embarrass his fans...

who gives a crap about PR ... Win a superbowl . Win multiple post season games ... What he does on his own time is none of our business .... Jezzzz

I'm curious as to what might motivate your typical member of the replica jersey-buying public to spend their money

This:

Low key house

No arrests

No trashing teammates

or this:

PreviewScreenSnapz060.png

PR isn't what it used to be.

I'm curious as to what might motivate your typical member of the replica jersey-buying public to spend their money

This:

Low key house

No arrests

No trashing teammates

or this:

Let's see buy a jersey that's from a great QB who happens to also be a great person and QB of my favorite team or buy one cause there is some dude in a suit with a pretty girl... Call me old fashioned but I'm going with the great QB/Person on my team. lol

Let's see buy a jersey that's from a great QB who happens to also be a great person and QB of my favorite team or buy one cause there is some dude in a suit with a pretty girl... Call me old fashioned but I'm going with the great QB/Person on my team. lol

Partisanship aside, which traits do you believe the typical young male would admire?

Guest King Jigsaw

Partisanship aside, which traits do you believe the typical young male would admire?

I would argue that the kind of women football players date does not equate to fanships. I'd be willing to bet that there have been more Matt Ryan jerseys sold than Matt Cassel jerseys, and we know who came out better in the trophy wife department.

It seems reasonable to me that football is one of those things that we respect as being a 'guy' thing that can be separate from the sex appeal often associated with a lot of other things. Sure, the cheerleaders are great but is that the reason you go? Are you surprised when you meet a woman that's passionate about a football team like you are? I think it's because we often view them as separate entities that when tied together can be great but hardly view them as a necessary combination.

I would argue that the kind of women football players date does not equate to fanships. I'd be willing to bet that there have been more Matt Ryan jerseys sold than Matt Cassel jerseys, and we know who came out better in the trophy wife department.

It seems reasonable to me that football is one of those things that we respect as being a 'guy' thing that can be separate from the sex appeal often associated with a lot of other things. Sure, the cheerleaders are great but is that the reason you go? Are you surprised when you meet a woman that's passionate about a football team like you are? I think it's because we often view them as separate entities that when tied together can be great but hardly view them as a necessary combination.

An NFL franchise isn't something to which you can apply a traditional public relations model. In today's electronic age, the goal is to create buzz in order to generate interest. Superficial as it might seem to you and I, already loyal customers, to the non-commital observer, dating Olivia Munn would create brand awareness more so than being a good corporate citizen.

This:

Low key house

No arrests

No trashing teammates

or this:

Hot chicks sure do love their gay men, don't they?

Interesting that the comparison here turned to Rodgers v. Ryan in short because 1) I've read that these guys are good friends off the field and 2) I wish Ryan would incorporate some of the edge that Rodgers possesses into his persona.

Neither man is perfect, but I remember watching his interview with 60 Minutes. In alot of ways, I thought Rodgers came off looking like 'just a guy'. Works hard, stays somewhat low key off the field. Bachelor, but not an obnoxious one. And yet, we had that moment where it clearly rankled him that a fan greeted him and said ' you're smaller in person'. He came right out and stated, he didn't appreciate it. It was not a great moment for Rodgers, but it was a real one.

Rodgers is a player, a person, clearly motivated by a chip on his shoulder - to this day. He wasn't highly recruited. SF passed him for Alex Smith. He sat in the green room for hours. He sat behind the legend Brett Favre.

But the thing is whether it's edge, or whether it's just injecting and putting yourself out there...while Matt Ryan comes off as PR savvy, he also come across as somewhat rehearsed and choreographed. And I think that it's OK to come across that way as a young player. But he's the $100M QB now. And he gets to write the rules a bit in terms of how he wants to present himself 'PR wise'.

Personally, I'd like to come out of the carefully orchestrated shell of PR correctness he adopted (rightly so BTW) early in his career. So when he's asked questions about whether he is a Top 5 QB or a question meant to challenge perhaps a mythical/non-tangible status bestowed by others - bite, don't defer. We've seen other QB's who most would almost snicker at the thought of them considering themselves such answer the question directly (Eli Manning, Joe Flacco) come to mind. Aaron Rodgers might not even complete the interview he'd be so offended that you had to ask.

IMO, it's time for Ryan to drop the Boy Scout routine.