Red Zone Offense Biggest Key To Turn Around

Here me out, I know pass rush, run game, and protecting Ryan are a huge importance. But when I look back to the saints game week 1 our D played pretty well we just couldnt get tds. Week 3 vs Mia we had a really good run game with snelling amd quizz and also had 5 sacks at half. Once again we couldnt get in the endzone. Red zone offense was the key to us being 1-2 rather than 3-0.

I know there were other factors but the facts are we had many opportunities to put teams away with tds and didnt!

Running game, Running game, Running game

You want to get into the end zone? You have to show you can punch it in. Our red zone faded when Turner couldn't pound the rock anymore. When you are inside the 20 and you can't draw the LBs in close you can't effectively open up the passing game for the red zone.

If we can get back to moving the pile and getting 3-4 yards running the ball in the red zone we can score at will because it leaves our WRs out on a Island and the NFL is all about match ups. Without a running game defenses can drop back, cover over the top AND underneath. We lost the NFC title game and 3 games last year because we stalled in the red zone. Why you ask? No red zone run game.

I think all those things mentioned are as equally important to our turnaround success.

Certainly love to see more designed plays to JJ near the redzone. It's almost like we purposely ignore him. Let the man use his size and athleticism to go for jump balls and such. Annoying as ish.

I agree concerning all, red zone efficiency, 3rd down defense and offense. I just want the team to play the second half as strong as the first half. More than toughness in the trenches they need to have a "killer" attitude to put a team away when we have the lead.

Here me out, I know pass rush, run game, and protecting Ryan are a huge importance. But when I look back to the saints game week 1 our D played pretty well we just couldnt get tds. Week 3 vs Mia we had a really good run game with snelling amd quizz and also had 5 sacks at half. Once again we couldnt get in the endzone. Red zone offense was the key to us being 1-2 rather than 3-0.

I know there were other factors but the facts are we had many opportunities to put teams away with tds and didnt!

Until the Smith can realize that he's way too predictable in the red zone, it'll be more of the same. Call some back shoulder fads, or jump balls, or misdirection.

Ryan, for his career, has thrown 70% of his TDs in the red zone, with a career QB rating of 95.3.

Brees & Peyton have both thrown 66% of their TD passes in the red zone.

Between Ryan and Turner, Red zone wasn't a problem until last year.

They've obviously been at the wrong time. 70% means nothing when you're 7 yards short of the SB.