Sperry Top-Siders

I've always worn the classic top siders. I have three pair, this dark brown, a saddle-brown or tan, and a green pair I bought on a whim. They're wonderful, but they don't have much cushion or support. I probably need to replace mine, my feet will start to hurt if I stand in them a long time, but they're still great to throw on and go do whatever. I actually want to get a navy blue pair, that might be my next pair. But these dark brown ones are the most versatile.

sperry-top-sider_1009697.jpg

I've never owned this kind, but have thought about it, but a lot of people like the Billfish, which have much more cushion and support and have thicker leather. So, I imagine they're probably hotter and will make your foot sweat more. They're good looking shoes, but I prefer the looks of huge original top siders.

sperry%20top-sider%20billfish%20tan%20beige.jpg

If you're looking for casual, low profile leather shoes, also look at driving mocs by the various companies. I wear driving mocs more than boat shoes now, honestly. I prefer Cole Haan, but dozens of companies make them, including Sperry. But if you want a classic boat shoe, sperry is the way to go. A ton of other companies make boat shoes, but they're not sperrys.

Also, Rule #1 about Boat Shoes - you don't wear socks with boat shoes. Ever.

Sperry top sider is the preppy look if that means anything to you.I like the shoes,they usually last a long time and are comfortable and low maintenance,however they can get smelly if you follow Drakes advice.

Boat shoes can only be worn with socks if they are accompanied by a fanny pack and transition lens eyeglasses.

I'm just joking. I was in SigEp at Ga Southern before transferring.

After making fun I'm ashamed to say I only wear New Blanace 993. Which I'm sure you are aware was the original frat shoe. To my defense I've been wearing them since '96.

Bro I rock the 991's. Wasn't in a frat though.

Old frat guys still rock the new balance sneakers here laugh.png

Thanks Drake. I think I'll still wear socks with shoes though. Can't imagine going barefoot ever.

I was digging the second pair you posted, my only concern is that I always find them to be bulky, which sucks because I have a narrow foot.

Just go try several pairs on. Most nice shoe stores carry multiple styles.

Barefoot >>>>>>>

Seeing the ankles gets em moist, brohams.

Well, probably not, but I imagine seeing a sock cropping up out of there has the opposite effect.

I just can't understand how people can wear any kind of shoe without socks, it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

Then again I dress solely for comfort and never for style anymore. I have 18 pairs of basketball shorts, and rarely wear anything other than them.

I just can't understand how people can wear any kind of shoe without socks, it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.

Then again I dress solely for comfort and never for style anymore. I have 18 pairs of basketball shorts, and rarely wear anything other than them.

Reading this with shoes, sans socks...for real :D