New Sec Schedule Rotation

New SEC Schedule Rotation has been announced. 8 conference games still on the dock. Schedule starts this year and lasts through 2025 season.

First thing I noticed is Alabama hasn't played South Carolina since 2010 and won't play them again until 2019? Yeah, that's legit.

www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/251196/future-sec-football-schedule-rotation-announced.aspx

New SEC Schedule Rotation has been announced. 8 conference games still on the dock. Schedule starts this year and lasts through 2025 season.

First thing I noticed is Alabama hasn't played South Carolina since 2010 and won't play them again until 2019? Yeah, that's legit.

www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/251196/future-sec-football-schedule-rotation-announced.aspx

Alabama has been fortunate Utk has been down the last few years. I like this rotation.

Alabama has been fortunate Utk has been down the last few years. I like this rotation.

Still pisses me off that somehow Alabama was scheduled to play Georgia in 2012 but then end up getting Missouri instead and then in 2013 Missouri got replaced with Kentucky and then now they get Florida who sucks now. Also, to go 9 years without playing South Carolina is pathetic. I just don't get how Alabama is so "lucky" to end up getting the weak teams from the East every year.

Still pisses me off that somehow Alabama was scheduled to play Georgia in 2012 but then end up getting Missouri instead and then in 2013 Missouri got replaced with Kentucky and then now they get Florida who sucks now. Also, to go 9 years without playing South Carolina is pathetic. I just don't get how Alabama is so "lucky" to end up getting the weak teams from the East every year.

It is odd

South Carolina and Georgia have been equally fortunate in not being scheduled against Alabama in recent years. And I can assure you it is not due to any lobbying by Alabama - Nick Saban was pretty much the only proponent of a 9 game SEC schedule which would have allowed for more of those matchups.

I agree with this somewhat. The last 10 years the east has been no where the level of the west. It really wouldn't matter who is scheduled.

South Carolina beat Alabama in 2010 and Georgia came within a few seconds of beating Alabama in 2012. So you can't say that it doesn't matter.

South Carolina and Georgia have been equally fortunate in not being scheduled against Alabama in recent years. And I can assure you it is not due to any lobbying by Alabama - Nick Saban was pretty much the only proponent of a 9 game SEC schedule which would have allowed for more of those matchups.

South Carolina and Georgia still have to play the West and South Carolina has played some brutal schedules. How many teams do you know of have to play 3 straight road SEC games or play back-to-back games at LSU and Florida like South Carolina has done the last 2 years? Alabama always gets a bye week the week before or after their hard games. Ridiculous how Alabama always draws the weak teams in the East and always has the schedule laid out to where they get to breathe between their hard games. I'm sorry to inform you that doesn't happen by accident. Not for this many years in a row. Alabama hasn't faced one of the harder SEC schedules since 2010.

South Carolina and Georgia still have to play the West and South Carolina has played some brutal schedules. How many teams do you know of have to play 3 straight road SEC games or play back-to-back games at LSU and Florida like South Carolina has done the last 2 years? Alabama always gets a bye week the week before or after their hard games. Ridiculous how Alabama always draws the weak teams in the East and always has the schedule laid out to where they get to breathe between their hard games. I'm sorry to inform you that doesn't happen by accident. Not for this many years in a row. Alabama hasn't faced one of the harder SEC schedules since 2010.

Do you realize how many teams have come off of a bye to play Alabama over the last six or seven years? It happened six times in 2010 alone. It was happening so often that the SEC had to adjust the scheduling format.

When your coach wants to buck up and play 9 conference games instead of beating up on Samford, then get back with me.

Do you realize how many teams have come off of a bye to play Alabama over the last six or seven years? It happened six times in 2010 alone. It was happening so often that the SEC had to adjust the scheduling format.

When your coach wants to buck up and play 9 conference games instead of beating up on Samford, then get back with me.

Why does Saban want to play 9 conference games? So he can get Vanderbilt added to the schedule? LOL! But seriously. The SEC will continue playing the 8 conference games schedule while forcing each team to play at least 1 non-conference game from one of the other major conferences. Doesn't change much but it's a start for some teams that refuse to play those kind of games. Alabama has been doing there part since Saban got there (at least neutral site games) and Gus wanted Auburn to play harder non conference games which is evidenced by the Thursday night game at Kansas State this season. Other teams like Florida, Georgia and South Carolina have their annual rivalry game which is a non-conference game. Those are 3 schools that balked at going to 9 conference games and rightfully school. How would it have been fair to them to play 10 legit games while some of the SEC teams would have only been playing 9 legit games? It wouldn't have been. So this is the compromise that has been drawn up for now. But I agree with Tony Barnhart, I think eventually (next time the SEC schedule is discussed in a few years) the SEC will get enough votes to switch to 9 conference games.

I agree with this somewhat. The last 10 years the east has been no where the level of the west. It really wouldn't matter who is scheduled.

The last 5 yes the west probably gets the nod, but the last 10??? Uhhh not that I want to throw Florida a bone but they won national titles in 2006 and 2008. 2 of our 3 losses in 2008 came at the hands of bama and Florida who both played in the sec title game that year. We won 10 games in 2004 finishing 7th in the nation. We won the sec title in 2005 and another 10 games. We won 11 games tied for the east in 2007 finishing third in the nation. We won 10 games in 2008 finishing 10th in the nation. Georgia and South Carolina have had some pretty good teams since 2011. We went toe to toe with bama in the 2012 sec title game. We had a pretty good team last year beating usce and lsu before a ton of injuries killed our season. We should have beat Auburn last year if it wasn't for our coaches and players complete lack of situational awareness in that game, even after all the injuries.

The last 5 yes the west probably gets the nod, but the last 10??? Uhhh not that I want to throw Florida a bone but they won national titles in 2006 and 2008. 2 of our 3 losses in 2008 came at the hands of bama and Florida who both played in the sec title game that year. We won 10 games in 2004 finishing 7th in the nation. We won the sec title in 2005 and another 10 games. We won 11 games tied for the east in 2007 finishing third in the nation. We won 10 games in 2008 finishing 10th in the nation. Georgia and South Carolina have had some pretty good teams since 2011. We went toe to toe with bama in the 2012 sec title game. We had a pretty good team last year beating usce and lsu before a ton of injuries killed our season. We should have beat Auburn last year if it wasn't for our coaches and players complete lack of situational awareness in that game, even after all the injuries.

ok, the last 5 then. and not probably. by a WIDE MARGIN.

Why does Saban want to play 9 conference games? So he can get Vanderbilt added to the schedule? LOL! But seriously. The SEC will continue playing the 8 conference games schedule while forcing each team to play at least 1 non-conference game from one of the other major conferences. Doesn't change much but it's a start for some teams that refuse to play those kind of games. Alabama has been doing there part since Saban got there (at least neutral site games) and Gus wanted Auburn to play harder non conference games which is evidenced by the Thursday night game at Kansas State this season. Other teams like Florida, Georgia and South Carolina have their annual rivalry game which is a non-conference game. Those are 3 schools that balked at going to 9 conference games and rightfully school. How would it have been fair to them to play 10 legit games while some of the SEC teams would have only been playing 9 legit games? It wouldn't have been. So this is the compromise that has been drawn up for now. But I agree with Tony Barnhart, I think eventually (next time the SEC schedule is discussed in a few years) the SEC will get enough votes to switch to 9 conference games.

the vote to keep it to 8 games with cross divisional rivalries and not change a thing schedule wise was 10-4 with Alabama voting in favor of no change to the sec schedule. I would guess georgia, florida, south Carolina, auburn, ole miss, kentucky, miss state, and Vanderbilt were also in favor of it as well. I believe that lsu has been screwed with schedule while Alabama has been fortunate to avoid playing tougher sec east teams and also the vols right now stink and until they become a factor Alabama's other sec east team needs to at least be a team who can challenge them (something Kentucky or Vanderbilt can't). in an sec schedule it's part of the grind when you play tougher more physical teams which will affect a squad as the season goes on. also playing 2 bcs level teams ooc also has an affect as well which is why I am not a fan of UGA playing 2 bcs teams when our competitors in the sec play 1 bcs team and then 3 cupcakes in their house. however that has nothing to do with sec scheduling. I do not believe the sec will go to 9 games for a long time.. there are so many reasons not to. also not many took note of this, but the ACC which had announced they would go to 9 conference games have now said they will actually stay with the 8 game conference schedule as well.

the vote to keep it to 8 games with cross divisional rivalries and not change a thing schedule wise was 10-4 with Alabama voting in favor of no change to the sec schedule. I would guess georgia, florida, south Carolina, auburn, ole miss, kentucky, miss state, and Vanderbilt were also in favor of it as well. I believe that lsu has been screwed with schedule while Alabama has been fortunate to avoid playing tougher sec east teams and also the vols right now stink and until they become a factor Alabama's other sec east team needs to at least be a team who can challenge them (something Kentucky or Vanderbilt can't). in an sec schedule it's part of the grind when you play tougher more physical teams which will affect a squad as the season goes on. also playing 2 bcs level teams ooc also has an affect as well which is why I am not a fan of UGA playing 2 bcs teams when our competitors in the sec play 1 bcs team and then 3 cupcakes in their house. however that has nothing to do with sec scheduling. I do not believe the sec will go to 9 games for a long time.. there are so many reasons not to. also not many took note of this, but the ACC which had announced they would go to 9 conference games have now said they will actually stay with the 8 game conference schedule as well.

I completely agree with many of the things you've said especially with Alabama seemingly always drawing the weak East teams every year including Tennessee. LSU's main complaint with the cross divisional matchups has been havng to play Florida ever year with Florida being a great team (save for last year) while Bama has been playing Tennessee every year (2007 being the last time Tenn was good). So I can totally understand them wanting to vote for a schedule change. I can understand the reasons teams like Florida, Georgia and South Carolina voted to keep the schedule as is because it wouldn't be fair for them to have to play 9 conference games plus their non conference rival and quite possibly another BCS school.

Also I did not know that about the ACC. Why would the SEC not going to 9 conference games change what they do? Also how does that effect the deal they have in place with Notre Dame playing 5 ACC games a year beginning this year?

I completely agree with many of the things you've said especially with Alabama seemingly always drawing the weak East teams every year including Tennessee. LSU's main complaint with the cross divisional matchups has been havng to play Florida ever year with Florida being a great team (save for last year) while Bama has been playing Tennessee every year (2007 being the last time Tenn was good). So I can totally understand them wanting to vote for a schedule change. I can understand the reasons teams like Florida, Georgia and South Carolina voted to keep the schedule as is because it wouldn't be fair for them to have to play 9 conference games plus their non conference rival and quite possibly another BCS school.

Also I did not know that about the ACC. Why would the SEC not going to 9 conference games change what they do? Also how does that effect the deal they have in place with Notre Dame playing 5 ACC games a year beginning this year?

yep i agree with ya. also another issue with the 9 games compared to 8 affects their bowl agreements. when you add a 9 game you are adding 7 losses to your conference. those 7 losses could affect the sec in missing out on a few bowl games due to not meeting bowl requirements. you know how big it is for the sec and other conferences that they make sure they have a enough teams to fill their bowl spots. that's just one of many reasons why i see the 9th game being an issue.. if it's about better games for the sec network then why don't sec teams play 2 bcs teams instead of 1 bcs team and 3 cupcakes? i am not a fan of that, but even 2 mid level bcs matchups would be more fun to watch than 3 cupcakes and 1 bcs team (when i say bcs i mean from one of the 5 power conferences). when the sec didn't go to 9 games then the acc, which has done plenty to copy the sec, didn't see the need to add those loses if the sec wasn't going to as well.. also they made the same change the sec made regarding forcing their teams to play at least 1 game yearly from the power conferences.. now that means notre dame will be that team for 5 of their acc teams.. but the acc is always about being reactive more than being proactive when it comes to football.

yep i agree with ya. also another issue with the 9 games compared to 8 affects their bowl agreements. when you add a 9 game you are adding 7 losses to your conference. those 7 losses could affect the sec in missing out on a few bowl games due to not meeting bowl requirements. you know how big it is for the sec and other conferences that they make sure they have a enough teams to fill their bowl spots. that's just one of many reasons why i see the 9th game being an issue.. if it's about better games for the sec network then why don't sec teams play 2 bcs teams instead of 1 bcs team and 3 cupcakes? i am not a fan of that, but even 2 mid level bcs matchups would be more fun to watch than 3 cupcakes and 1 bcs team (when i say bcs i mean from one of the 5 power conferences). when the sec didn't go to 9 games then the acc, which has done plenty to copy the sec, didn't see the need to add those loses if the sec wasn't going to as well.. also they made the same change the sec made regarding forcing their teams to play at least 1 game yearly from the power conferences.. now that means notre dame will be that team for 5 of their acc teams.. but the acc is always about being reactive more than being proactive when it comes to football.

I didn't even think about the bowl games but that's a great point. It would be an embarrassment for the SEC if they couldn't fill out their allotted bowl games. Agreed that SEC needs to stop scheduling these cupcake games.

This Tennessee vs. Florida debate is silly. Was LSU complaining when Zook was at Florida and Fulmer was rolling off 9 out of 10 against Alabama? These things are cyclical and Tennessee will be back up again at some point and Florida will be down. ****, Alabama plays Tennessee AND Florida this year, and you still aren't happy.

This Tennessee vs. Florida debate is silly. Was LSU complaining when Zook was at Florida and Fulmer was rolling off 9 out of 10 against Alabama? These things are cyclical and Tennessee will be back up again at some point and Florida will be down. ****, Alabama plays Tennessee AND Florida this year, and you still aren't happy.

What's funny is that LSU is complaining, but all the while their constant east opponent lost to Ga Southern. I mean, this is not the year for them to pick this argument. On paper Florida is a better team at the moment but Tennessee is a better team if we look at immediate and recent results. Albeit by only one more win than Florida, but still better nonetheless. Swamp rats just complaining about everything. They want to complain about tough teams they face when they lose 3 or more games in a year, but brag about their tough schedule when they only lose 2 and still make it into national championship. Can't have it both ways.

Florida is coming off a 4-8 season and the game is in T-Town. Don't try to pump that game up like it's a challenge to Bama.

Florida is coming off a 4-8 season and the game is in T-Town. Don't try to pump that game up like it's a challenge to Bama.

I'm not pumping anything. You, however, are talking out of both sides of your mouth. In one breath, you have referred to Florida as a great team who poor, pitiful LSU has to play every season while, in the next breath, downplaying Florida as a team those lucky suckers at Alabama get the privilege of beating up on. Clownish.

You might be surprised to know that Alabama has played Florida seven (7) times in the last 10 seasons. I haven't seen us look real scared against them either.