Religion/faith Official Thread.

Guest fibonacci

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

For even the first human to only be 6,000 years old, it takes ALOT more than carbon dating being inaccurate, or even unreliable. All the truck loads of evidence found, skulls and bones, cave man paintings, evidence of civilization and etc have to be so far off that none of those things are over 6,000 years old...Even civilization is believed to be older than that, world's first cities.

there just isn't any true way to prove it. At least not yet. But radioactive dating is not working.

Both sides have sides that you can't really prove.

1. Bible.....it's a book. End of story

2. study of science.....carbon dating cannot go back more then 2,000 (at best).

-now when it comes to formations, world, dinosaurs, etc etc etc. they both point to it's been around for some time. Just the Bible doesn't really care, therefore people who study the Bible don't care. The only other book that goes deep into before humans is the book of Enoch. And that book was not included in the canon.

Now the book of job does have dinosaurs in it. Oldest book imo. And one of the best imo. If your want to know more, I'll share. And show scriptures of where it is at.

Guest fibonacci

yes, humans have been around far longer than 6,000 years.

to ignore the evidence would essentially be slapping any god who happened to have made us right in the face.

what evidence you found? Very curious. Thanks

Guest fibonacci

The Universe is so immense that why would anyone care outside our Solar System, if any life form does exist, in Earth. The mind cannot comprehend how big the Universe and for some reason that the highest form of power sent his son into this tiny spec of dirt floating in the middle of nowhere.

what says it stopped and started there?

Guest fibonacci

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.
The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,
and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.
God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,
to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

right, he made the plants before he made the sun.

doesn't make sense, bro.

and again. 24 hours there was light. You trying to tell me i can't bury a seed under my house and then move house the next day and the seed won't grow?

And again light was made before the sun. I'm just saying.

And again again, did you read near the end of the chapter where it said to replenish the earth, Plant seeds etc etc?

Guest fibonacci

i don't have to. i don't feel the need to google for you how wrong you are.

mr. mo'

pst... literally, you can google how wrong you are.

you're so wrong that google has a scientific journal entry, of all things, about how wrong you are.

no offense, but if it's something you strongly believe in and attack others on how they are wrong. Then you should know your facts.

Guest fibonacci

here lies your problem...you use google to do your research.

agreed. No offense to tom. But people who say, "I'm right, you're wrong". Should have it set in front of them why it is.

I've shown plenty of scriptures on how the Bible did time with humans (and not meaning the world). Even showed problems with carbon dating. And it wasn't just me saying, "Bible told me so...or I read it before". I provided where it was and more.

My two cents atlien. Just ignore tom. Several times he called names, argues without facts and has threaten a couple times to just leave the thread. (no offense to you personally, tom. I'm just stopping a problem from forming and the thread being derailed)

Guest fibonacci

Sound vibrates through mattee, space is essentially empty of matter so sound has nothing to propagate through. People used same reasoning to conclude that light needs a medium to travel through, but it doesn't. They use to call that invisible material ether.

No offense but I'm not buying that book.

have not heard that about light.

Guest fibonacci

That's not showing time doesn't exist, only that time isn't constant. Different meanings. Time isn't constant, only the speed of light is.

I'll agree there. It's a different meaning. The tine humans use are different then time.

Guest fibonacci

The bible is a figurative tale. Not a literal one.

and the Quran, Torah? Drawings on the caves of people showing a flood? All that figurative tales?

What about events actually that took place clear as day during Moses reign? Of course it's etchy on some things. But the Bible states the pharoah at that time saying, "I'll erase you" basically.

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-exodus-date-1440bc.htm

King Solomon has facts to. They found the temple, you know?

For yearsssssss (until just 15 years ago), people said the Bible was wrong because of no records of any hitites (spelling).....but 15 years ago a vast scientology group found evidence. And now all those people shut it and moved on to something else saying why the Bible is wrong.

What about the Bible showing how deep the ocean is? giving views and etc of the world. Last i checked ships to see the deep didn't exist in those times. Nor did satellites.

I can show you a lot of things. But this is just a few things. And of course I'll provide you with scriptures if you want. :D

Guest fibonacci

There was an experiment to prove ether doesn't exist. I forgot the name but if you google it, I'm sure you can find it. Light is cool.

will do. I don't know much on it. The only thing i know is the power of light to move satellites. Or the light in the Bible. But besides that I'm just a pre 101 student when it comes to light.

Thanks. And I'll let you know what i find.

and the Quran, Torah? Drawings on the caves of people showing a flood? All that figurative tales?

What about events actually that took place clear as day during Moses reign? Of course it's etchy on some things. But the Bible states the pharoah at that time saying, "I'll erase you" basically.

http://www.bible.ca/...date-1440bc.htm

For yearsssssss (until just 15 years ago), people said the Bible was wrong because of no records of any hitites (spelling).....but 15 years ago a vast scientology group found evidence. And now all those people shut it and moved on to something else saying why the Bible is wrong.

What about the Bible showing how deep the ocean is? giving views and etc of the world. Last i checked ships to see the deep didn't exist in those times. Nor did satellites.

I can show you a lot of things. But this is just a few things. And of course I'll provide you with scriptures if you want. biggrin.png

When did the bible show how deep the ocean is or give views of the world?

Also, keep in mind that people proclaim the bible to be the word of an all-knowing god. For that to be true, EVERYTHING in it would have to be right, and true, not just some things.

here lies your problem...you use google to do your research.

Google is a vast search machine, you can find a lot there.

there just isn't any true way to prove it. At least not yet. But radioactive dating is not working.

Both sides have sides that you can't really prove.

1. Bible.....it's a book. End of story

2. study of science.....carbon dating cannot go back more then 2,000 (at best).

-now when it comes to formations, world, dinosaurs, etc etc etc. they both point to it's been around for some time. Just the Bible doesn't really care, therefore people who study the Bible don't care. The only other book that goes deep into before humans is the book of Enoch. And that book was not included in the canon.

Now the book of job does have dinosaurs in it. Oldest book imo. And one of the best imo. If your want to know more, I'll share. And show scriptures of where it is at.

Maybe not for a certainty, but there aren't a lot of things you can know with 100 percent certainty. It just is very unlikely that humanity is really only 6,500 years old, with everything found. EVERYTHING would have to be wrong, not just one, two, three or fifty pieces of evidence. And in most cases, wrong by ALOT. It is tough to prove things that happened thousands of years ago for a certainty, but the more you find, certain truths become 'more likely'.

The debate of the existence of a deity or afterlife is completely different, but the truth of the bible is highly unlikely.

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.
The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,
and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.
God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,
to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

right, he made the plants before he made the sun.

doesn't make sense, bro.

Who's to say that the sun and moon were the original sources of light?

Guest fibonacci

Google is a vast search machine, you can find a lot there.

Maybe not for a certainty, but there aren't a lot of things you can know with 100 percent certainty. It just is very unlikely that humanity is really only 6,500 years old, with everything found. EVERYTHING would have to be wrong, not just one, two, three or fifty pieces of evidence. And in most cases, wrong by ALOT. It is tough to prove things that happened thousands of years ago for a certainty, but the more you find, certain truths become 'more likely'.

The debate of the existence of a deity or afterlife is completely different, but the truth of the bible is highly unlikely.

just for the record, I believe we been around longer. But since a lot of people are struggling, then i want to know what evidence you have to support it.

If you believe in something, you should know why. I can't stand when i meet Christians who say the bible has seven deadly sins. And i can't stand it when non Christians don't know why they so strongly believe in to say, "I'm right, your wrong". Well if I'm wrong, show me what you got.

Guest fibonacci

When did the bible show how deep the ocean is or give views of the world?

Also, keep in mind that people proclaim the bible to be the word of an all-knowing god. For that to be true, EVERYTHING in it would have to be right, and true, not just some things.

When Moses took strange paths, it was because G-d told him. through the red sea and mountains. all the Jews that came out of Egypt several times told Moses he was lost. yet Moses trusted in G-d and things happened exactly and got them out of it. Moses never left Egypt before, so no way would he have known the direction to take.

Many times in Jacob and other important people in the bible who fought, they all were told the way to go. But the story of exodus really shows you how God told them the landscape and people had no dang idea where they were going.

exodus-to-mtsinai-of-midian-copy-800x653-33.jpg

^^^^ that ain't stuff they made up along the way and said, "oh we stopped here and saw this" and it sure as heck isn't something they added to the bible after satellites, this stuff was maps. G-d told them ahead of time where things were and how they were going to get to it. Would you like me to break down where scripture says how many feet they walked to certain points in exodus? or when God told them to go through the desert on the right side of the red sea instead of the left side when leaving Egypt?

side note: just think for a minute if you would have been a Jew in Egypt. you might know where some things are but probably not everything. And then you have some "prince of Egypt" saying we are leaving. So you follow and some know the way so they think, "hey why are we going to the right instead of the left?". Heck yeah you are going to scream out, "you fool, we are lost". Back then there was no google map or crusades taking place. Not once do you read, "G-d said to go this way and it was the wrong way". Instead you hear, "G-d said to go that way and it was the way", and sometimes you had people question and sometimes they just fully trusted.

and before you say it, I'm going to stop you before you say it. I know you are sitting there say well some did walk the desert and go place to place. Well there is stories of Alexander the Great being lost, Ramses being lost and many many others. I honestly cannot think of one person "outside of the bible" who trusted in G-d that ended up lost.

The only place not told where it is, is the Garden of Eden. and that's for good reason.

here is something that really does break it down of Moses.

http://youtu.be/EEjHkk6Xbls

it's long but it really is good. he tells you how many feet they went and tells what passage it came from.

so it's things like that, that gave us georgraphical maps.

Does that answer your question?

side note: like I showed earlier. there really was a pharaoh who did all these things. Just the Egyptians did not call him "Moses".

Edit: I also love how this video shows scientific evidence of how the plagues happened.

http://www.bible.ca/...date-1440bc.htm

I can show you a lot of things. But this is just a few things. And of course I'll provide you with scriptures if you want. biggrin.png

No, I'm not saying what happened in the Bible isn't true. I'm saying some of it was exaggerated to be used as points of figurative symbolism.

Fib, that video is 122 minutes long, come on man you know nobody is going to watch that lol...............As for the rest of your post, you've lost me a bit. The theme of your posts has been wanting definitive proof of everything, absolutely, beyond all doubt. Where is the definitive proof that God told Moses(or whoever supposedly did these things) to take any of these paths, that he didn't somehow have personal knowledge of the routes? There was no google maps, but it's not like no one had ever traveled from Egypt to Israel before, or maps of the land had never been drawn before.

Guest fibonacci

Fib, that video is 122 minutes long, come on man you know nobody is going to watch that lol...............As for the rest of your post, you've lost me a bit. The theme of your posts has been wanting definitive proof of everything, absolutely, beyond all doubt. Where is the definitive proof that God told Moses(or whoever supposedly did these things) to take any of these paths, that he didn't somehow have personal knowledge of the routes? There was no google maps, but it's not like no one had ever traveled from Egypt to Israel before, or maps of the land had never been drawn before.

I can tell you no one ever crossed through the red sea and walked those floors. No one ever traveled that route. Many times in the Bible they took a different route because G-d said so. And people in exodus called Moses a fool for trusting G-d, and they were inn for a rude awakening when out got to the end.

And sorry the video is so long. But do you really want me to write over 30 pages? The guy says it in the video where these scriptures are.

When i get time next week, I'll tell you where they are in the video. But right now I'm on the road to go watch the meteor shower tonight. :D

Guest fibonacci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjHkk6Xbls

At 29:00/32:00 (29 explains the volcano and the date. and 32 starts where the earthquake storms take place. The 34:30 it starts the break down of every single plaque and the scriptures) starts with explaining the plaques that took place. Great stuff. it shows the scriptures and shows how it it happened (couple of the plaques are controversil). And it ends at 45:00.

1. he shows the scriptures through out

2. he shows other events that have happened that are not in the bible as well.So you do not think, "oh this is a one time thing".

This is the start of Exodus of the tracks they went. of course it uses scripture line by line almost.

- about 20:00 it omes to an end. but the guy goes onto the scuba dive and show artifacts he finds. and they show how other people found things.

Is that better for you? Like I said earlier. I do not want to write 30 pages of this stuff. and these guys do alot better then I could honestly plus you can see with your own eyes.

the reason I am showing you so much and why the videos are so long is for people who find these things so hard to believe. because no offense to you and others, but simple answers just don't work for you.

So these is just "one" example of G-d giving geographical views. it is the most important because even the Jews (3 million) called Moses a fool and said he was lost. And yet G-d lead Moses exactly.

- I know you made the comment that people walked and etc. but sorry I doubt anyone ever went that way. nor did anyone ever cross that spot on foot. (so that means there was ZERO chance of ever a map going that direction).