Religion/faith Official Thread.

Guest fibonacci

Guest fibonacci

There is a few people I have found myself with in Private Message about some deep stuff. And many times we come to saying, "man I wish we could talk about this in the forum". So I am going to give it a shot. I know there is a thread in anything but logic, but it filled with trolls.

here is a couple rules to try to go bye.........

1. don't tell someone they are wrong/stupid/ignorant. Regardless how they are treating you, ignore it. you fighting back and forth is just going to destroy this topic.

2. Don't come in here with intent to change the minds to believing how you believe.

3. be respectful

4. lastly leave out any grudges you have towards someone.

5. Try to not talk to someone who is trolling. if you know they are trolling or just being a jerk. then ignore them. not only will it help everyone else, but it will greatly help you.

6. Ask questions. if you ever wondered something, ask. if you want more clarification, ask. Even if you do not agree with the answer, at least you know why something is.

7. keep in mind most of this is opinions. Someone might have a deep background, but it's still their opinion and their findings on the way something is.

Thanks,

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fibonacci

So I'm just starting something to start a conversation going. this is something I struggled with when I was younger. And ten years ago I started doing my own reading/listening and this is what my conclusion came to. Also I say "G-d". it's a Jewish thing. and I am not Jewish. But respect is respect. and that is why I do it.

Also Christianity (Gentile) Orthodox is what I am rooted. But I have studied a vast amount of other religions/views/faiths/etc. Buddah, Ghandi, Jewish, Jacob Ladder, and yes even what some people call Magick, Gematria, Numbers :D (hence my avatar name), and many other things.

Is it OK to eat whatever we want? What's the difference in Jesus and Mosaical law? (Old and New Testament)

Old Testament

not eating from the hip. Genesis 32:32 (Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon.). and it is out of "respect" of what Jacob went through with wrestling with G-d all day. And G-d touched him on his hip. So because of that, Israelite's do not eat from the tendon attached to the hip.

In Old Testament it was not just "cause" they did not eat something just to not eat it. There is always a message behind it. Even to why they do not eat swine.

If a person was to visit someones house and they had cooked swine or from the hip or something from the sea, you ate it. It was to not disrespect someones house and their cooking. And there would be nothing done against you for eating these things if you visited a persons house and they cooked these things for you. (Sorry the scripture slips my min, I cannot remember where it says it).

BUT, now comes New Testament

(Matthew 5:17). Jesus said, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill And Hebrew 9:15 (15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.)this tells us why Jesus fullfilled and why he had to.Then you have Mark 7:18-19 (18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, 19 since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”[a] (Thus he declared all foods clean.)this is telling you can eat whatever you want. you have Paul who wrote chapters on this stuff on how you can eat anything (Colossians 2).

I Timothy 4:4-5 (4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.) This explains exactly why you are to pray over your food. As long as you sactify it, you're all good. biggrin.png

Conclusion

I see all this that we are fine to eat what we. UNLESS you still follow the laws of Moses. BUT............ I do not eat swine to this day. can I eat swine, of course. But my reason is out of respect. I do it in "remembrance" of Old Testament/Exodus. But If I visit a persons house, I eat. It is something personal and has ZERO to do with the bible.

Guest fibonacci

i'm going to have to avoid this thread because of all the religious idiots who believe the world is only 6,500 years old or whatever.

as a geologist i just can't take it.

no need in avoiding it. Lets just not say they are idiots. Some people just have not studied really deep. and some how.

here is something I wrote just recently.

creationism, supports this that the world is less then 6,000 years old. But there is things in the bible that show the "earth" was older then 6,000 years old. here is the proof from the Word of G-d (Bible).

Jeremiah 4:23 I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone.

now read that one a little bit further of what Jeremiah saw. 24:28 24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth. 25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled. 26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down at the presence of the LORD, by His fierce anger. 27 For thus says the LORD "The whole land shall be desolate; Yet I will not make a full end. 28 For this shall the earth mourn, And the heavens above be black, Because I have spoken. I have purposed and will not relent, Nor will I turn back from it".

There is a couple scriptures that show Angels walked the earth before man. they had cities built and etc. but Jerimiah is the most well known one. And the reason I pointed to this scripture is because it is something that is in the Canon. Judaism, Christians, Islam all consider Jeremiah a prophet and read this book.

Guest fibonacci

I believe God had a hand in the Big Bang and Evolution.

**** you gonna do about it

Oh he had a hand alright. ;)

Guest fibonacci

scientific proof that there is an after life looky here

http://www.dailymail...-scientist.html

Did you see what I said about Einstein in the thread you posted this?

Basically Einstein used to take people who were about to die. He placed them on a table and would measure their weight before and after they died. What he saw with every patient was they lost weight. It was about the weight of cigarette ashes. And I want to say he said himself he recognized this as the weight of the soul leaving the body, but I can't remember.

Did you see what I said about Einstein in the thread you posted this?

Basically Einstein used to take people who were about to die. He placed them on a table and would measure their weight before and after they died. What he saw with every patient was they lost weight. It was about the weight of cigarette ashes. And I want to say he said himself he recognized this as the weight of the soul leaving the body, but I can't remember.

mumbo jumbo.

Einstein was admittedly conflicted. He wouldn't initially accept quantum physics as a reality because to him, it made an anti-religious argument that he couldn't avoid.

Guest fibonacci

how you gonna tell me the bible is real when he said he made all the plant life before there was light?

read the opening of genesis. it says clearly that he made plant life before light. which simply isn't logical.

The Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.
God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.
God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.
The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,
and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.
God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.
God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,
to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”
So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”
And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.
God made the wild animalsaccording to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,
[
]
and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So God created mankind in his own image,

in the image of God he created them;

male and female he created them.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule overthe fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Verse 3 is light. then you got Vegetation talk. then the creation of the sun and moon. Now the first Light I see as totaly different this physical light. and it takes "time" for something to start sprouting. and you don't have to have sun within 24 hours. .

So do you mean to tell me that I cannot plant something in my basement and for it to not grow, even when I let the sunlight in after 24 hours?

Also read verse 29.

Guest fibonacci

i'm going to have to avoid this thread because of all the religious idiots who believe the world is only 6,500 years old or whatever.

as a geologist i just can't take it.

no need in avoiding it. Lets just not say they are idiots. Some people just have not studied really deep. and some how.

here is something I wrote just recently.

creationism, supports this that the world is less then 6,000 years old. But there is things in the bible that show the "earth" was older then 6,000 years old. here is the proof from the Word of G-d (Bible).

Jeremiah 4:23 I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone.

now read that one a little bit further of what Jeremiah saw. 24:28 24 I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth. 25 I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled. 26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, And all its cities were broken down at the presence of the LORD, by His fierce anger. 27 For thus says the LORD "The whole land shall be desolate; Yet I will not make a full end. 28 For this shall the earth mourn, And the heavens above be black, Because I have spoken. I have purposed and will not relent, Nor will I turn back from it".

There is a couple scriptures that show Angels walked the earth before man. they had cities built and etc. but Jerimiah is the most well known one. And the reason I pointed to this scripture is because it is something that is in the Canon. Judaism, Christians, Islam all consider Jeremiah a prophet and read this book.

Here is something else. People think you can Carbon date forever. some think it goes back to millions of years.

Carbon dating only is accurate for a few hundred years. after that it sucks. C-14 is 95% on doing things for a few years. a few thousand years and that number drops of and becomes very controversial. Yet people want to say it is good for things over a million years.

K-AR is better. it can do a few thousand with very little controversy. but once it hits 10,000 years it becomes controversial.

many time there have been C-14 vs K-AR and they thousand to millions years apart.

http://contenderministries.org/evolution/carbon14.php

- do your own search and you'll see there is a ton of cases where Carbon 14 has errors once it goes back over a few hundred years. but here is something that shows when it at "best" it can only do 3,000. And really pay attention to that at "best" word.

just wanted to show you that no one can really show anything over 10,000 years old. after 6,000 years old things get really into a, "Heck if I know".

Side note: when people say the world is less then 6,000 years old. they are actually meaning that from the first person on earth is 6,000 years. it's not the world.

- the problem that happened is people started "hearing" what someone said and went with it. instead of doing homework.

anyhow I hope this helps you with understanding it is not the bible/G-d/Word of G-d saying the world is 6,000 years old. it's just that man is that old. And people who talk about aborigines and caveman findings and etc etc. they are not even close to the right date because they did carbon dating. they won't even do K-AR on it. and it's for an obvious reason.

Guest fibonacci

Atheist as in no faith in God. I don't dispute his existence, I just got no faith in whatever god may or may not be.

I respect that answer.

Guest fibonacci

scientific proof that there is an after life looky here

http://www.dailymail...-scientist.html

that's pretty incredible

There was no scientific evidence in that article.

not sure if you boys know the double slit to more of an extent. but it is interesting. the weird side of Quantum Physics.

Guest fibonacci

And since we opened the book of the double slit. Retrocausality is strange as well.

It's long and boring, but it's the best video I could find (just if someone wanted to learn more). but it is, is "effect" happens before "Cause".

Quantum Physics is a strange strange study. (which means I enjoy it. :D )

Guest fibonacci

I know about double slit. It makes sense to me position * momentum= planks constant/2pi. We studied the wave function, assuming that time was constant, later we found it was time independent, of course we did very simple cases

The thing I like is what happens when you "observe" it.