2014 Forecast.

Week 1 vs New Orleans

No one really knows what to expect with this team. Will we still be a pass heavy offense? How often will we see Freeman? How improved is our O-Line? Is our D-Line as stout as we think it will be? Can our LBs generate a pass rush? Will our secondary continue to improve? So many questions and New Orleans won't really know what to expect. They will come into Atlanta to a crazy excited crowd for the home opener vs our biggest rivals. We take care of business and start 2014 with a Win unlike in 2013.

1-0

Week 2 @ Cincinnati

Tough game on the road. Cincy has lost a lot of components this year on both of their lines. But their Run Game may be as good as ever. AJ Green continues to kill it and their defense should still be a strong point. This is a team that went 8-0 at home last year. If Andy Dalton has a stinker and can throw us a few picks this one could go our way... But for now, I see the Falcons falling in this one.

1-1

Week 3 vs Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay is expected to be improved in 2014. No one really knows what to expect so in that fashion they are very similar to the Falcons. They added some nice offensive weapons and they get the hamster back running the rock. Be curious to see who wins the QB job but all signs point to McCown. I like our potential to stop their run game and make McCown air out. Even with the weapons I don't believe in their QBs. Falcons pull out a close one.

2-1

Week 4 @ Minnesota

I think Minnesota has the potential to be a bounce back team. I like Mike Zimmer and despite him free falling I still think Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB in this draft. Again, Similar to week 3 I like our chances in slowing their run game and making their QB beat us. As much as I like him, As a rookie in his 4th NFL game I still take Matt Ryan and our offense to outscore them.

3-1

Week 5 @ New York Giants

Is it me or does it seem like anytime we play in their house we always lose? Giants have really revamped their defense this offseason and I see them as the winners of the NFCE this year. Falcons fall.

3-2

Week 6 vs Chicago

Tough game against a team very similar to the Falcons. If this one was in Chicago I would give them the edge but since this one is in Atlanta I will give us the W. The key is to win those 1 on 1 matchups vs their very tall WRs and get some interceptions off of the turnover machine Jay Cutler.

4-2

Week 7 @ Baltimore

Will the real Joe Flacco please stand up. Is he the guy who had a legendary postseason run that lead to a Championship or the guy that had 17 TDs to 22 Interceptions last year? Will Ray Rice be back? How good will their Receivers be? Is that defense going to rebound? A lot of questions for them and I’m not sure the Ravens are even 8-8 this year. Falcons take a W on the road.

5-2

Week 8 vs Detroit

Adding Eric Ebron and Golden Tate to that offense is scary. Playing them at the crack of dawn is even scarier. Whoever scheduled this game for that early (for the people in the US) should be smacked with a brick. I think we fall asleep at the wheel and lose this “home” game.

5-3

Week 9 BYE WEEK

Week 10 @ Tampa Bay

2 weeks to prepare, Even on the road I like our chances. Again, don’t believe in McCown or Glennon.

6-3

Week 11 @ Carolina

So is Cam going to be doing what the kid on YouTube is doing? Throw it up and go run after it. I kid I Kid. Their WRs aren’t as bad as they looked a few weeks ago. Kelvin Benjamin, Jason Avant and Jerrico Cotchery aren’t a bad group plus they have Greg Olsen at TE. Will they be as lucky as last year and have a bunch of cast off bums succeed on the back end of their defense with an amazing front 7? Time will tell. I think we can all agree, Thomas Decoud will still be dancing and showing off his Jordan’s one way or the other. I think their front 7 forces a few mistakes and they win a close one at home.

6-4

Week 12 vs Cleveland

Everyone prepare for the Johnny Manziel show….As he throws interception after interception. Sorry not buying the hype. Their defense is a solid group but with Manziel/Hoyer at QB, a Rookie 4th rounder at RB and castoffs playing at WR I can’t see them scoring enough to beat us in the Georgia Dome. Falcons take the W.

7-4

Week 13 vs Arizona

I’m predicting between 3-5 interceptions for Matt Ryan on this day. That you can count on fellas. Luckily for us they still have Carson Palmer playing QB and unreliable Run game. If we can limit the Turnover count to under 6 I think we take this one……..

8-4

Week 14 @ Green Bay

Aaron Rodgers. December. Lambo Field. Enough Said.

8-5

Week 15 vs Pittsburg

This one is tough. I am not sure what to expect from the Steelers this year. I can see them as a dumpster 4-12 team but I could also see them as a 12-4 team. Their defense is still old and with our speed I feel like we should be able to take advantage of them

9-5

Week 16 @ New Orleans

As much as I want to say we sweep the Saints…It ain’t happening. Another close battle in which Drew Brees rips our heart out again.

9-6

Week 17 vs Carolina

With the division on the line the Falcons clinch the NFC South in a similar close fashion as the Panthers did against us in 2013.

10-6

Final Division Standings for NFCS

1. Falcons 10-6

2. Saints 10-6

3. Panthers 9-7

4. Bucs 8-8

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

Not bad...I can't agree with the Giants. They lost arguably their best defensive player in Justin Tuck, and I don't see David Wilson being able to hold on the ball any more than any other season, and there is always She-Li always willing to show you that those two rings were matters of luck IMHO. I also see the Panthers regressing a bit, losing Steve Smith's intensity and those journey men WRs will hurt them to put points up. If we can learn to cover a TE, Olsen's impact is immediately reduced. I see us with one more win, or should I say I hope to see us with one more win!

Not bad...I can't agree with the Giants. They lost arguably their best defensive player in Justin Tuck, and I don't see David Wilson being able to hold on the ball any more than any other season, and there is always She-Li always willing to show you that those two rings were matters of luck IMHO. I also see the Panthers regressing a bit, losing Steve Smith's intensity and those journey men WRs will hurt them to put points up. If we can learn to cover a TE, Olsen's impact is immediately reduced. I see us with one more win, or should I say I hope to see us with one more win!

Tuck is washed up and hasent been that good in recent years. We will see but I see the Giants as a contender.