Karma Strikes Tom Benson For Being A Cheapskate Old Fart

Tom Servo

New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson was taken away from the Spring League Meeting in an ambulance on Tuesday after a fall.

Greg Bensel, the Saints' senior VP of communications, told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that the 86-year-old Benson is "OK."

"Following my presentation, I accidentally tripped and hit my head, having had knee surgery just over a week ago," Benson said in a statement. "Out of an abundance of caution, the doctors wanted to clear me before we fly back home tonight."

Benson's fall came shortly after the announcement that New Orleans had lost out to Minnesota for the right to host Super Bowl XLII in 2018. The Saints were considered the favorite to land the big game, and Benson said he wanted to be seen at the Spring League Meeting "shaking a few hands just to make sure."

A knee injury kept Benson out of the Saints' war room during the 2014 NFL Draft.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.png laugh.png

laugh.png

laugh.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have discovered that I really don't care for Taco Bell as much as Del Taco. It seems like Del Tacos chicken soft tacos are much better than Taco Bell's. Even their burritos are better.

How come we can't ever talk about food joints that are actually worthy of having locations in NY? tongue.png The f*ck is a Del Taco?

Edited by NYG4

Guest fibonacci

Man I find more falcon haters then any other opposing fan. I'm starting to question what kind of fan base I am apart of. then again it's a bunch of TATF homers and a few pricks.

Tom, those who wish things to be done. Just know that kind of stuff can/will bite you in the arse one day.

Guest fibonacci

How come we can't even talk about food joints that are actually worthy of having locations in NY? tongue.png The f*ck is a Del Taco?

I used to like Del Taco when I was younger. Loved how they had that open bar type deal. but I tried it after a good 15+ years and I scratched my head why I liked it. wasn't all that good.

Guest fibonacci

Del taco is the ****.

Deluxe tacos

Deluxe chili cheddar fries.

And just about everything else I ever tried is better than Taco Bell.

Even their hot sauces are better.

Del Scorcho!!!!!

maybe I had the wrong stuff when I went back. I'll try it again and let you know.

Deluxe chill cheese fries hits the spot atter a night heavy drinking.

You know what hit the spot on one of my "nights out"? That Jack in the Box "high meal". I forgot which one I had (yeah, it was like that) but it was right......I think.

I don't know guys, maybe because Taco Bell is SO bad, it makes Del Taco seem pretty good. Like having a HORRIBLE girlfriend or boyfriend and then going to a mediocre one, makes the mediocre one seem better than they are.

But every time I go to the Del, their ingredients are pretty fresh and tasty.