Top 2 Positions For 2015

I think we will eventually need Roddy's replacement and a RT b/c Matthews will move to left tackle. My first choice would probably be a RT and then a WR b/c Julio will be our #1 anyway.

I'm hoping we will be picking in the teens-20's anyway and unless a WR is like Julio, Green, or Watkins I'm not down with 1st rd WR's.

This is why I don't make my first mock draft, until at least after the preseason, b/c it is wholly impossible that you can begin to get a handle what our needs will be, until you see who gets cut, and what our new additions can do. I also disagree with you about RT, that, between all of our players, that none of them would be able to man that spot.

Even the so called "experts" made a mock. Draft last week. I only said positions. Are u really serious about RT? Carimi, Holmes, Johnson, and schraeder. We have a RT in Matthews for now but when he moves over and Baker is done then we need somebody to help protect Ryan and nobody on the roster now is capable.

Even the so called "experts" made a mock. Draft last week. I only said positions. Are u really serious about RT? Carimi, Holmes, Johnson, and schraeder. We have a RT in Matthews for now but when he moves over and Baker is done then we need somebody to help protect Ryan and nobody on the roster now is capable.

Nope, I wholeheartedly disagree with you there. There is no reason the believe that within a years time, that one of those guys would be able to lock down that position. There was already plenty of argument to be made, that one or more would be capable this year. Matthews wasn't drafted to be our RT. He was drafted b/c they decided, having a top 6 pick, that it was a better bet to grab a "sure thing" LT in Matthews, than to assume that Holmes would be eventually able to take over for Baker.

Are you serious in having any faith in Carimi, Holmes, Johnson, or Schraeder?

As for the original question: DE/OLB and RT.

I think OT and WR will need to be addressed if nobody rises from the pack this year. Otherwise, the same for DE. Technically, we don't have a legitimate C right now, but again, that's subject to change. As I type this answer, hjerry's sentiment is pretty spot on. There's no way to really know right now.

That isn't a vote of confidence, that's just pointing out that he wasn't the worst of a terrible group until he broke his leg. Unless they don't release Baker after next season then a starting RT is absolutely needed.

I was the one that argued against needing a RT next year, and yes, I completely disagree with the suggestion that neither Johnson, Carimi, Holmes, nor Schraeder would be able to man the position.

I agree with hjerry, I thought as far as needs specifically, we really needed a RG which was addressed with Asamoah. I really won't to wait before dealing any scrutiny to the O line especially. I do think what they really did this year was take the best player available at 6. They tried trading up, down didn't work. No way of telling right now but if I had to pick two, it would be OLB/pass rusher and WR.

OL- exact position determined through this year. We have a moderate chance of needing a RT, a slight chance of a C, and if both of those are good we need a replacement for Blaylock. His production isn't worth his contract. Also need a WR to replace Roddy or pass catching TE depending on what we want to run in the future. I don't see us going pass rusher, we have 6 potential rushers now. If someone doesn't step up our main need will be coaching.

I believe that we will see a much improved pass rush. I don't think that we will have a great need for a high profile guy at that position.

The OL will need continued rebuilding. There will be much opposition to drafting another OL high in the next draft (second round), but it would be the wisest move. I also think that we need depth at DT and WR.

With Pioli joining the team I get the feeling we will have another good draft next year. We will take BPA available with high upside at positions of need that represent good value to us.

I will speculate that our #1 need next year could be RB. Quizz and SJAX both could be done with us in 2015. SJAX to age/injury and Quizz to FA.

As our #2 need I will say WR. Hard to believe Roddy is 33. Two or three seasons are needed to develop most rookie wide outs.