• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An UDFA rookie too. People wonder why fans like the kid. It's a pretty amazing little stat. IMO

Oh and it was in like 14 games also.

But how can that be possible when the rule is that there's absolutely no way that players who weren't drafted before the 6th round, especially someone who wasn't drafted, can ever make a positive impact on the team in an area other than special teams? Therefore the guys who have been on the team the longest, drafted higher, or played at a bigger school (especially the SEC) should be guaranteed the majority of playing time by default.

127 tackles for an undrafted first year player named Paulina Worrickloa? That's unheard of, pretty sure ya'll are getting that number confused with my golf score or the number of Antonio Cromartie's children.

because tackle numbers proves how good of a linebacker you are, just like interceptions prove youre a good corner

LBs jobs are primarily to make tackles.

Corners primary job is to either cover a WR in man or cover their area in zone. Interceptions are great but are not a necessity if they shutdown their man.

because tackle numbers proves how good of a linebacker you are, just like interceptions prove youre a good corner

Not the same. LB are judged on tackles and assisted tackles and a bonus to show just how good you are would be tackles for loss.

Spoon had a 115 in 2012. I think you are looking at solo tackles.

I have no idea why there is so much hate for spoon on here. In his only injury free season he played at a pro bowl level. I agree he has to stay healthy this year but this is the first year he's had a decent defensive line to play behind

Yea it's the LBs job to eat up tackles. If you don't think so, you'll know it's the truth after this season. With Soliai, Jackson, and Hageman eating up blocks, our LBs better produce some good tackle numbers or we will all see the results will be pretty bad.

LBs jobs are primarily to make tackles.

Corners primary job is to either cover a WR in man or cover their area in zone. Interceptions are great but are not a necessity if they shutdown their man.

i know that, but the manner in which the op uses the statistics is flawed

i know that, but the manner in which the op uses the statistics is flawed

True, Spoon would have significantly more tackles if he could just stay healthy.

Although Spoon is not a really good tackler, I think that he could average 70-90(maybe a little more now with a much bigger d-line) tackles a season if he could just stay healthy.

People have got to realize that Defenses have so many variables. If the DL gets a pass rush than that helps the Secondary and LBs. If the Secondary, and LBs keeps WRs, TEs, and RBs covered that gives the DL more time to get to the QB. If you have a Big Run Stopping DL than the LBs, and Secondary will gain tackles or half tackles by pile jumping. Ray Lewis got so many tackles that way, so did Keith Brooking. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I watched the LSU - Ohio State 2008 BCS Championship Game again last night and even tho Ohio State actually could move the ball for a change, it took a lot of effort. They Doubled Tyson Jackson the whole night and he still got pressure. I also watched the Georgia - Hawaii game again if you could call it a game. Georgia's D Line could get constant pressure, while stopping any run attempt which wasn't much, but by doing that they had 3 Down Lineman and 8 devoted to Coverage. It got me to thinking about all these LBs, and CBs we have in Atlanta. I wonder if Nolan will at times have 3 Down, and 8 in Coverage? Now that New Orleans have lost their big playmaker in the backfield I believe they will be using Screens to the WR instead of Running Back Screens now. I believe if Spoon is healthy he will have a break out year. He now for the first time has a whole lot of Beef in front of him which will allow him to roam and gamble a bit more. Plus he can pile jump and get those numbers up ;)

Warrilow as a rookie.....127...wow!

Middle lb's typically have much more tackles than outside linebackers. Lofton also had a lot of tackles. Check the tackles log for any team and the mlb is the leading tackler or at least has more tackles than the other lb's. Plus that 127 is wor's total tackles. Not solo tackles.

Edited by TheFatboi

I've never understood why people think having more tackles is inherently better?

It's usually an indication that your defense couldn't get off the field. If you're forcing 3 and outs consistently, you're also getting a lot let chances at tackles. If you're allowing 12 plays drives consistently, you're running up the tackle count.

It's a two way street.

Edited by GTFalcon25

But how can that be possible when the rule is that there's absolutely no way that players who weren't drafted before the 6th round, especially someone who wasn't drafted, can ever make a positive impact on the team in an area other than special teams? Therefore the guys who have been on the team the longest, drafted higher, or played at a bigger school (especially the SEC) should be guaranteed the majority of playing time by default.

127 tackles for an undrafted first year player named Paulina Worrickloa? That's unheard of, pretty sure ya'll are getting that number confused with my golf score or the number of Antonio Cromartie's children.

laugh.png