790/the Zone Dumps Local Sports Programming For Syndicated Espn

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly gotta say I think Sandra is alright when she gets a chance to chime in with the boys. She seems to know what she's talking about just as much as anyone else.

She's ok sometimes. In interviews, she always asks the light softball questions which usually has nothing to do with the reason we are listening, but it has its place I suppose to not keep it so serious.

I'm not going to lie; I'm going to miss 790. I remember the old days when AJ Cannon, Dukes, Kincaid, et al were there. And how will guys survive without having the first round of the NCAA tournament at the Cheetah? That was my annual birthday gift to myself. I can't possibly see myself at, say, Dantanna's or Dave and Busters when a guy is used to enjoying hours of booze, burgers, and, well, b00bs.

Hope the guys laid off land on their feet. They had a great run...

I was looking for info on Jason Goff getting the boot and came across this. If that was the case I can't say the powers at be made the wrong decision.

The Game fell to a 0.9 rating, down from 1.2 in February and 1.5 in January, its peak to date over 18 months. That 0.9 is its worst performance since last October and placed the station 24th despite one of the strongest radio signals in town. A year ago, it was at a 0.6.

The other two sports stations aren’t doing well either, if that’s any solace for the Game.

Sports talk leader 680/The Fan (with 93.7 FM simulcast) had a 1.1 rating, down from 1.6 a year ago. And 790/The Zone has fallen to a 0.4 from 0.6 in March 2013.

The Game does beat the other two stations at night, partly thanks to a superior signal. If the Game is seeking a quick, recognizable replacement, a certain former 790/The Zone brother team is ready and available to go tomorrow.

That's how I started listening to 680 full time. I was leaving work after dark and they were lowering the power on 790am so much that I couldn't get it even 20 miles outside the city. 680am was better, then when they got the FM simulcast, it was much better. They are lowering the power on 790am way too much at sunset I think, wonder why they never went out 40 miles from Atlanta and tested the range to get the power setting correctly for night time.

I have never listened to Sandra Golden on the radio but I've seen her quite a bit on tv on CSS and I think she does a nice job on there. I particularly like her pieces like when she does spring training interviews with the Braves, ect. I don't know why that wouldn't translate to radio.

CSS is also how I know how great Chris Dimino is.

I can't stand listening to Kordell speak - sounds like he has his mouth stuffed with cotton.

Archer and Bell were good - Arch brought the knowledge, Bell brought the funny.

Buck n Kincaid - ppppp-eeeeew!

Chuck n Chern - good

I was just starting to get comfy with Alge and JP.

Like Rick Kalma for basketball knowledge.

Edited by jayu70

man i been just playing music for now.. but i wonder who is going to take the falcons ????? dry.pngdry.png

92.9 needs to FIRE their morning show and replace with Crump & JP

92.9 needs to FIRE their afternoon show and replace with Archer & Bell

92.9 then needs to get rights to Atlanta Falcons games

this is easy - I should be a program director.

92.9 needs to FIRE their morning show and replace with Crump & JP

92.9 needs to FIRE their afternoon show and replace with Archer & Bell

92.9 then needs to get rights to Atlanta Falcons games

this is easy - I should be a program director.

Some of those guys at 92.9 definitely need to be nervous right now.