790/the Zone Dumps Local Sports Programming For Syndicated Espn

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm aware of. 680 the Fan AM station and a simulcast on 93.7 FM (which is weak and gets blasted out of the air by a Greenville station in northern Gwinnett).

Well they do. I only know because of trying to listen to Braves spring training games and having them air on The Fan 2 or The Fan 3 sometimes. Those could be online only stations which wouldn't do anyone much good though.

Not that I'm aware of. 680 the Fan AM station and a simulcast on 93.7 FM (which is weak and gets blasted out of the air by a Greenville station in northern Gwinnett).

They've got the app too, which is pretty good quality. The only problem I find with it is that it goes to syndication when Braves games are on.

They've got the app too, which is pretty good quality. The only problem I find with it is that it goes to syndication when Braves games are on.

Yeah, they can't broadcast Braves games free to everyone when the MLB app is doing that for money. (same when listening to a station online)

I'm in traffic now listening to 680 this sucks

Talking about David Justice baseball stats

I think Chuck-n-Chernoff is a decent listen. Nothing about 680 sucks - there are parts that are not great, but nothing is off-the-chain awful. The worst person on 680 is Sandra Golden - she's an idiot. Buck-n-Kincaide are hit-n-miss - sometimes they are OK and sometimes not-so-much. Kincaide can be annoying but he knows how to stir-the-puddin' and sometimes you need that - if you agree with everything all-day long, then it could be boring. Buck by himself is pretty horrific.

The one thing I needed 680 to do was get rid of Sandra Golden and Leo Mazzone - Leo is mostly gone now - so one down and one-to-go. 680 got a lot better when they added Dimino and Steak - lot of people don't like Steak - i hate it when he talks politics and gets too much into the politics of sport - but I will tell you this, there is NOT a better interviewer in Atlanta talk radio than Steak Shapiro - he always asks the right questions and he stays on the relevant topics.

So, 680 scooped up some of 790's released talent already - now we need 92.9 to scoop up the rest - Arch,Bell, Crump & JP - do that and we can at least make two of 92.9's shows to be decent.

I really want 92.9 to be good because they have a great FM signal - its disappointing that the station with the best signal has such horrible talent. I hope 680's numbers go thru the roof with 790 fading and I hope 92.9's numbers flat-line so mgmt. will see the error of their ways and bring in the talent necessary to succeed.

Gonna miss Crump. He was the most credible. I liked Dave Archer as well, but he had to sugar coat because of his broadcast job.

I love how Crump just broke down how horrible the Falcons were on the line of scrimmage in a way I had heard no other atlanta sports media talking head do. I bet Arthur listened to Crump - as he had been talking about it ever since he got the gig. Sure it might have had some influence over Arthur

The one thing I needed 680 to do was get rid of Sandra Golden and Leo Mazzone - Leo is mostly gone now - so one down and one-to-go. 680 got a lot better when they added Dimino and Steak - lot of people don't like Steak - i hate it when he talks politics and gets too much into the politics of sport - but I will tell you this, there is NOT a better interviewer in Atlanta talk radio than Steak Shapiro - he always asks the right questions and he stays on the relevant topics.

I agree here, Sandra seems to be there for people not that into sports, but then why would you listen to a Sports talk radio station? And yes, Steak is a really good interviewer. He was asking really good questions to Dimitroff before the draft, definitely not softballs.

I agree here, Sandra seems to be there for people not that into sports, but then why would you listen to a Sports talk radio station? And yes, Steak is a really good interviewer. He was asking really good questions to Dimitroff before the draft, definitely not softballs.

there are a few good female sportscasters out there but they are few and far between. I don't care if a woman is on the radio talking sports if she is actually good at it - but for some reason all these radio stations feel compelled to put a woman on for demographic reasons only - as soon as you do, then all of a sudden the topics start trending too much to pop culture and away from sports - if I want to hear about pop culture, I can watch TMZ or Entertainment tonight or two dozen other FM morning shows.

I just feel that 92.9 brought in a bunch of outsiders who have no ties to the city.They then turn around and are pretty consistently negative towards the hometown teams and Atl in general.In no way do I feel like they are "our local station".Also Kordell says very little of any substance and goes off on tangents and says "I say that to say this" when "that" had nothing to do with "this".

Edited by Jpowers