All-22 Preview Of The Falcon's Offense

http://fantasyknuckl...offense.239759/

Was this article posted last season? I don't remember seeing it if it was. It's a preview from a 49ers fan of our offense before our game with them last season.

I think it does a good job of showing just how limited we were last year without Julio, or a healthy Roddy for 12 weeks, or a healthy Steven Jackson, or without a decent O Line.

On the screen pass that this guy takes Roddy to task on, and rightfully so, I can't help but wonder how much his injury was still slowing him down and might be the reason he didn't block like we all know he can.

Good stuff. What I took from it:

1) How important Julio is to having an explosive threat they have to address. Without him, all they have to do is just be where they're supposed to be. When he's in there, it's much less predictable how you have to stop him, he can burn you on short, intermediate and deep routes, and obviously the attention they have to pay him creates soft spots.

2) How important having interior pressure is, and how a few leaks on the O-line can cause the whole unit to fail. Ryan had no pocket to step up into, especially on the last play. No chance there, and on the other plays, he only gets the ball out by releasing it quick or running backwards, not what you want him to have to do. It's remarkable he even had the success he did last year. No QB would have thrived in that situation.

With an improved O-line and guys who can create interior pressure on defense, I think you could see remarkably different results.

We were 1-4 with Julio.

Why I'm bothering responding to a troll I don't know, but if you all want to try to take over the forum with your nonsense, I'll drop some logic on you.

They only lost to all those teams by 7 points or less, and those came down to a single play that someone didn't make on offense, and/or a single stop that the defense couldn't make.

Despite these clear defencies that compounded over the season, Julio was leading the NFL in recieving numbers, and on an absurd pace.

Then when Julio went down, it only compunded these issues worse.

What this article showed was that losing Julio was far from the only problem with the Falcons offense, it was just the final nail in the coffin to not have him to help make up for the clear issues on the lines.

Edited by B3TD

We were 1-4 with Julio. Hedgehog-wrecked-Ferrari.jpg

At that point we had already lost our starting running back and full back, Roddy and the line was absolutely horrid too. Julio is the man but it was a lost season before it even started.

We were 1-4 with Julio. Hedgehog-wrecked-Ferrari.jpg

1-5 if you throw in the NFCCG. He had 52 rec, 762 yards and 4 TDs in those six games. That projects to 139 rec, 2,032 yards and 11 TDs over a season. Yet we were 1-6. Not sure how Julio was the missing piece. Hail without him we were down 27-24, driving for the game winning score with 2:00 minutes left in the 4Q, first and 10 on the SF 19 yard line before Harry Bumbles bumbled a pick six to Bowman.

Roddy shouldve been a team player and sat out weeks 1 and 2, stead of caring more about his stupid streak. That annoyed me

people that think like this are ignorant, he was trying to be a team player, he thought he could still be productive. He didn't give a **** about the streak

all 5 of our 5 losses in 2013 with Julio (NFCCG included) were defensive failures. Combine defensive failures with the worst offensive line this team has had since at least 2006 and yeah, it was inevitable. When Julio went down our losses went from defensive failures to team-wide losses.

people that think like this are ignorant, he was trying to be a team player, he thought he could still be productive. He didn't give a **** about the streak

oh my bad. Wasnt aware you and Roddy were friends and he said this to you directly . Because that would be the ONLY way you could say it with such confidence. So hows Roddy handling the tragic loss of his brother? Im

Assuming you will be attending the services, being such a close personal friend and all. Anyway, seasons arent won in week 1-2. And if your a diehard falcon fan youd know that this coaching staff always airs on the side of caution when it comes to injuries! So i cant imagine after seeing him give it a go and CLEARLY not being anywhere near 100%, that the staff wanted him active! Roddy is a tough guy, and i love him as a player but theres a time and a place. Playoff game? By all means go out there at 50% and tough it out and be a decoy. Week 1?? Week 2?? No! You sit and get to 100%. Im sorry. But then again, im ignorant according to you so what do i know?