I'm Not Sure Robert Alford Will Be Our Starting Left Cornerback In 2014

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where you got Grimes' rookie numbers since he was a rook in 2006. He didn't get CB snaps until 2008. His last four games were decent. Peterson was dam good in his last four games as a rook. Alf? Not so much.

im going by his first year playing in 2008 ... you threw out pff stats so i did

Just keeping it 100 FFS1970 who is better on the roster right now than Alford? C'mon man. Tru and Alford were drafted btb to be our "corner stones" of the future.

Exactly.... The thing is going by PFF ... Dude just really had 2 really bad games against the redskins and 49ers... Those 2 games killed his overall ratings...

The guy had a up and down rookie year... While ppl was crowning him over Tru during TC i felt he would have to make some adjustments coming from the lower level he came from to checking Fitz, Boldin, and V Jack.

I still think he will be a good CB and that we will have 2 really good CB's... Nothing in his rookie year mad me think... This dude cant be good.... It was a learning lesson... He has the skills.. Its just about learning

Just keeping it 100 FFS1970 who is better on the roster right now than Alford? C'mon man. Tru and Alford were drafted btb to be our "corner stones" of the future.

If he is a cornerstone he better improve a lot this summer. If he plays like he did in his starts last year, either Tru, Wilson, McClain, Arenas or Allen will take his spot.

Exactly.... The thing is going by PFF ... Dude just really had 2 really bad games against the redskins and 49ers... Those 2 games killed his overall ratings...

The guy had a up and down rookie year... While ppl was crowning him over Tru during TC i felt he would have to make some adjustments coming from the lower level he came from to checking Fitz, Boldin, and V Jack.

I still think he will be a good CB and that we will have 2 really good CB's... Nothing in his rookie year mad me think... This dude cant be good.... It was a learning lesson... He has the skills.. Its just about learning

I'm not just going by PFF bro. I started the thread saying I re-watched the last four games and he got roasted. You said you watched too. What exactly did you see?

with all the changes this defense is about to see i hope movin' Tru to LCB is one of 'em. or have Tru just shadow the opponent's best WR...

Bingo. Tru needs to be moved to LCB which is more important. Alf needs to go to RCB, if he can improve. If he can't improve he needs to go to the right side. Of the bench.

Oh OK. How did he finish off his last four games that year? Pretty good.

Your thinking about the 09 season .....His last 4 games of 08 was solid.

Dudes a probowler now and that was technically his 3rd year (08 season) ..... Dude let Alford develop.. I agree he has some improving to do...Again factor in the level he was coming from..... He did nothing to not start .... If he doesnt step up them we will talk about being replaced ... Again Peterson was ranked 102

http://www.revengeof...t-in-a-good-way

Peterson was picked on a lot by opposing quarterbacks. Only four other corners were thrown at more. He was targeted 113 times and allowed 67 catches, the third highest total in the league.

The good thing is that he showed flashed of becoming a very good cornerback. A full offseason with OTAs and minicamp will do him a lot of good.

with all the changes this defense is about to see i hope movin' Tru to LCB is one of 'em. or have Tru just shadow the opponent's best WR...

Yeah, It would be nice to see Trufant shadowing the opposing team's #1 WR throughout a game.

He showed last season that he can play both the right side and in the slot. I'm pretty positive that he can play the left side as well.

Yeah, It would be nice to see Trufant shadowing the opposing team's #1 WR throughout a game.

He showed last season that he can play both the right side and in the slot. I'm pretty positive that he can play the left side as well.

didn't Tru play LCB as his main position in college?

Again what are we expecting from a guy in year 1 basically drafted at the end of the 2nd round.

I personally think the guy has all the traits to be very good again the guy has to be given time.

In all reality people will compare him to Trufant who had a really good year.

Not all guys develop at the same rate.

Your thinking about the 09 season .....His last 4 games of 08 was solid.

Dudes a probowler now and that was technically his 3rd year (08 season) ..... Dude let Alford develop.. I agree he has some improving to do...Again factor in the level he was coming from..... He did nothing to not start .... If he doesnt step up them we will talk about being replaced ... Again Peterson was ranked 102

No I'm talking about 2008. The year you posted. Grimes finished nicely in his last four games. Peterson finished dam good in his last four. Alf? Got jobbed by some half as QBs when we were getting the best pressure we got last year. Buddy better rise. I certainly hope he does. I do not want to see anymore Dimi bust picks. Not one more.

Again what are we expecting from a guy in year 1 basically drafted at the end of the 2nd round.

I personally think the guy has all the traits to be very good again the guy has to be given time.

In all reality people will compare him to Trufant who had a really good year.

Not all guys develop at the same rate.

I expect to see better play at the LCB spot. If he can't do it then put him at RCB or put him on the bench and get somebody else in there. Yall mofos want to coddle players along. I want to win Super Bowls.

I expect to see better play at the LCB spot. If he can't do it then put him at RCB or put him on the bench and get somebody else in there. Yall mofos want to coddle players along. I want to win Super Bowls.

So you not in that development of players then ?

It doesn't happen over night.

Win a SB are you kidding who on this board doesn't you just gotta be realistic about when you use such a bold statement.

At this point in time worrying about who is playing left and right corner is hardly going to have a effect on if we win the SB or not.

Now if we were talking protection running the rock or stopping the run then you'd be onto something but your talking the above please NNNEEEXXXTTT>>>

Alford played a lot in the slot early on so no wonder he struggled that one of the most difficult positions to play on defense let alone being a rookie.

I think all our corners need to play more physical (grab hold push shove) if they get flagged oh well it never allows the offense to get a rhythm And has worked really well for seattle,sanfran.Ravens and the jets manly because there only going to call but so much they could literally call a hold on Seattle's corners almost every play.

That's why Mike Smith's emphasis on not getting any penalties of any kind, ever, is really completely missing the boat. I'm amazed that a man with his years in the NFL doesn't realize that there are situations that require you bust somebody in the mouth, so to speak, regardless of whether the refs throw a flag. A line has to be drawn. You have to assert your rights in a violent manner in every NFL game at some point. We don't do that, our guys have been muzzled and neutered and driven into passive, soft, conservative play. Wrong focus and wrong message and it's consistently producing the wrong results against the top-tier teams.

That's why Mike Smith's emphasis on not getting any penalties of any kind, ever, is really completely missing the boat. I'm amazed that a man with his years in the NFL doesn't realize that there are situations that require you bust somebody in the mouth, so to speak, regardless of whether the refs throw a flag. A line has to be drawn. You have to assert your rights in a violent manner in every NFL game at some point. We don't do that, our guys have been muzzled and neutered and driven into passive, soft, conservative play. Wrong focus and wrong message and it's consistently producing the wrong results against the top-tier teams.

PLEASE don't get me started on Smith!!!laugh.png

Yes he will. Wilson will be a vet back up at RCB and McClain will be a vet back up at LCB where he has looked his best IMO. Ricardo Allen should win the #3 CB job and have a vet behind him as well in Javier Arenas.

So, we're going to carry 6 CB's this year when last year we carried 4? blink.png

I can possibly see us going with 5 CB and that is stretching it, no way do we carry 6.

Then suit up and help them win a SB! That or let a rookie learn for cripe sake. I swear, are you trying to live your failures through rookie football players? In a fantasy Madden world all rookies are first year pro bowl players destined for the HOF...wake up!

Edited by nomak