Adam Repogle

ballfan

I can’t decide if this means the Falcons OL situation is that bad, or this kid is just a dang football player. I have to believe the coaches think very highly of the guy, or there is no way he gets this shot. Seems like he got the heads-up that the DL was changing and he would no longer fit. Seems like a really coot story to watch develop.

From Jay Adams:

Replogle Embracing Position Switch: A year ago, Adam Replogle went through a similar situation he finds himself in this weekend — going through rookie minicamp, trying to learn a position in the NFL. This time around, however, he's on the other side of the ball. Replogle, who spent the 2013 season on the Falcons' practice squad as a defensive tackle before being signed to the active roster for the final game, has been moved to the offensive line and has been lining up at guard throughout rookie camp. Replogle says he can't remember the last time he played offensive line, but said it was likely in second grade as he spent his high school years playing fullback and his college years at Indiana playing defensive tackle. He showed something to the Falcons coaching staff last year, however, as a practice squad player that leads them to believe he might be well-suited to the other side of the ball, which is the impetus for the switch. Replogle has looked the part on the offensive line so far this weekend and offensive line coach Mike Tice has even had him do extra reps in team portions and drills to get him up to speed. "I'm going to give it my best shot and I'm going to study hard and do the extra stuff, so we'll see," Replogle said.

He surely has the strength to pull it off. He just have to learn the playbook and work on his technique. As a ex DT he should be able to recognize what OL use to do to him and what he use to do to OL. Retired 4x Pro Bowler Kris Dielman did it for the Chargers and JR Sweezy did it for the Seahawks. Adding 10 pounds wouldn't hurt either. Pro Bowl guard Adam Levitre is Repolge same height 6'3, but Levitre has him by 10 pounds (304)

For all the talk about how strong Travian Robertson is, he should try the move himself. He would probably make a good strong side RG, if he willing to learn the position and conditions himself

coach said as a practice squad player last year they had him play D-line and O-line in practices. They must have seen something they liked, plus the competition at D-line is so rough he might not make the team there anyway.

That is pretty interesting. I guess no one will know until the first live action, but like many have noted, gotta believe he has learned a thing or two about what works from playing on the other side of the ball. I just figured it says a lot about his attitude. No way they let a minimum effort guy even attempt something like this.