How Much Longer Do With Give Matt Ryan As Our Starting Qb?

They Video Taped the Jets practicing........

Sure about that? May point still stands, they haven't won it again since caught. You sure only the Jets or is that all they are telling us. Heck his first trip to the bowl was suspicious with the "tuck rule." Sorry he fumbled the ball. Raiders should had won that game.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We invested so much on the Offense that we could do with our current defense. Our Offense should have the ability to answer back every time.

Remember the Jets game last yr, Matt and the offense got the team ahead only to see the defense allow Smith look like a pro bowler. Not the only time our defense make a no name look like a super star.

The media likes to give all of the credit and blame to the QB. The reality is that it's a team sport. You don't get rid of any player at any position without a plan for improving at that position. There are a LOT of positions we can improve far more easily than the player we have at QB. If that changes, then and only then do we look at changing our QB.

My question is whether he's going to stand up in the pocket this year or whether he's going to be trying to get rid of the ball quickly because of last season. Will he trust his line again? Should he? Even with getting Julio back, we need time to throw the ball and dude was punished unmercifully last season.

This is a very valid concern. I'll say this much, as tough as it was last year he didn't look like David Carr.

People are think that I want Matt Ryan gone or something. You seem understand what I am trying to say, are Falcon Fans alright knowing that Ryan can beat people senseless in the Regular season but struggle really bad in Post Season(expect the 49ers). Matt Ryan did have a good season last year. I just keep thinking does Matt Ryan fit with us? How far do you change the Team to fit Matt Ryan? If you look at Manning during the Colts, they did some MAJOR changes. Do we go that far with Matt Ryan?

This is a good conversation. Personally if they were really going to change it for Matt I'd install the Indy offense like manning had or the one josh McDaniels has. Koetter is a big improvement over Mularkey but still doesn't take full advantages of Matt's strengths which is spreading ball around, short to intermediate accuracy and quick release.

Last year for example as bad as the run game was I just couldn't figure out why they didn't go more 4 and 5 wide and put Antone smith in for stretch plays. I think the reason was honestly TG. I think our coaching staff catered to him a bit too much

As far as more major changes I'm not sure much more is needed. We got the OL reconstructed, got the elite wrs, some more wrs with pro is and in Freeman we got a do it all back, plus we saw Antone smith become sproles-lite.

My question is whether he's going to stand up in the pocket this year or whether he's going to be trying to get rid of the ball quickly because of last season. Will he trust his line again? Should he? Even with getting Julio back, we need time to throw the ball and dude was punished unmercifully last season.

Towards the end of the year, he was standing in the pocket longer and trying to stretch plays out...if nothing else, I think the abuse helped his pocket presence...birth by fire type of ascension