How Much Longer Do With Give Matt Ryan As Our Starting Qb?

How many chances does Matt Ryan get? If we are going no where in the playoffs but keeps winning games to get there. Does he still have to right to be our Starting QB? He is 29 years old, has an outstanding record but does that mean he has the right to be our QB even if we get killed in the Playoffs or is that good enough for the fans?

For me, I say we give Matt Icy about 3 years and then we move on to a different QB and System.

(How Much Longer do WE give Matt Ryan as our starting QB?)

*Sorry My mistake.*

Edited by Captain America

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had 1 bad year, and that year was still impressive considering the circumstances. He will play his career out here, or at least close to it.

People need to give it up. There are bigger issues on this team than Matt Ryan.

I am a huge Matt Ryan fan, but is there a point in time that we look at him? Just maybe he doesn't have that "Special" touch.

This is a stupid question. Matt's one of the best quarterbacks in the league, we give him as much time as is needed, whether that's 3 years or 6 years.

How much longer do the Chargers give Phillip Rivers? How much longer do the Cowboys give Tony Romo? How much longer do the Panthers give Cam Newton? How much longer do the Lions give Matt Stafford? How much longer do the Bears give Jay Cutler? How much longer do the Colts give Andrew Luck?

I am a huge Matt Ryan fan, but is there a point in time that we look at him? Just maybe he doesn't have that "Special" touch.

He's got more game winning / comeback drives than anyone in the league since he's been here. How is that not the "Special" touch?

Speaking of Elway, he's in track to break his comeback record.

He just needs a team that can hold up around him, that doesn't expect him to come through every game, because no QB can. All of our playoff losses aren't just on Matt. Our lines effectively crumble. Hopefully with the trench building this offseason, that will change.

He's got more game winning / comeback drives than anyone in the league since he's been here. How is that not the "Special" touch?

He just needs a team that can hold up around him, that doesn't expect him to come through every game, because no QB can. All of our playoff losses aren't just on Matt. Our lines effectively crumble. Hopefully with the trench building this offseason, that will change.

Don't feed the troll man. Look at post history. People need to stop being so gullible lol. Obvious troll is obvious.

When QB is our most obvious need - was anybody saying we should draft Manziel or Bortles at #6?

When a clearly better backup QB has developed behind him (i.e. Steve Young) - Davis-no, Renfree-no, Mathews-who knows

When he has been massively injured due to an OL not protecting him

When the Falcons offense (at least passing) ranks near the bottom of the league

When he is throwing more interceptions than touchdowns - not even close right now

When a new Head Coach has come along and he shows signs of decline not improvement - in other words, let's replace Smith before Ryan

When the impact of releasing him would not be a major disaster to our salary cap - at least 5 years from now

Ryan - love him or live with him because he ain't going anywhere anytime soon!

He's had 1 bad year, and that year was still impressive considering the circumstances. He will play his career out here, or at least close to it.

People need to give it up. There are bigger issues on this team than Matt Ryan.

Last year? Since when is 4500 yds and an 89.6 rating bad?

This is a stupid question. Matt's one of the best quarterbacks in the league, we give him as much time as is needed, whether that's 3 years or 6 years.

How much longer do the Chargers give Phillip Rivers? How much longer do the Cowboys give Tony Romo? How much longer do the Panthers give Cam Newton? How much longer do the Lions give Matt Stafford? How much longer do the Bears give Jay Cutler? How much longer do the Colts give Andrew Luck?

C

Matt Ryan is a monster in the Regular Season no doubt about that he is a comeback king, but something happens during the Playoffs and he is no where to be found(Expect the 49ers game, he killed). I look at guys like Flacco and Manning, when they get to the playoffs, they put the team on there back. That is what I mean by a special touch. I just see Matt Ryan as one of those players that just struggle for some unknown reason, maybe Coach Smith is not letting Matt Ryan call his own plays because when he does he is flawless. Just how long do we keep doing this? Do we hope he can do what Elway did, because he isn't Elway, he is Matt Ryan.

How many chances does Matt Ryan get? If we are going no where in the playoffs but keeps winning games to get there. Does he still have to right to be our Starting QB? He is 29 years old, has an outstanding record but does that mean he has the right to be our QB even if we get killed in the Playoffs or is that good enough for the fans?

For me, I say we give Matt Icy about 3 years and then we move on to a different QB and System.

(How Much Longer do WE give Matt Ryan as our starting QB?)

*Sorry My mistake.*

Matt Ice will be our QB as long as he stays healthy period. You and anyone that thinks our problem is Matt Ryan don't know shyt from apple butter. He's the single most important thing on our team and is the biggest reason we've had so much success the last 6 yrs. TD not acquiring OL DL a pass rush and defense is the only reason we have not won a SB.

It takes a team to win a SB and not just a QB.

Marino retired with 0 SB rings. I bet Dolphins fans would rather have him right now instead of their current situation despite him never winning a championship.

Anybody who remembers Mario playing knows that he did not have a lot of his best games come playoff time. There were a lot of playoff games he played where he didn't even look like the same QB.