Zeke Motta

Falcons coach Mike Smith said the team expects to be without second-year S Zeke Motta during the team's offseason program but hopes to have the second-year safety back for training camp.

Motta is recovering from December surgery to repair a cervical fracture in his neck. The original timetable for return was 4-6 weeks, so the fact that Motta has yet to be cleared raises some red flags, though the Falcons' could just be using caution. Motta will be asked to contribute on special teams if healthy.

Source: ESPN.com May 17 - 12:19 PM

We shall see but I think he may be replaced on roster. Maybe he can be a practice squad player and take a sufficient time to heal. Kimario Mcfadden is who I have an eye on to win the fourth and possibly last safety spot. That means a safety or two would be on PS which is possibly where Ishmael and Motta whould be anyway.

Edited by Bier-fann

We shall see but I think he may be replaced on roster. Maybe he can be a practice squad player and take a sufficient time to heal. Kimario Mcfadden is who I have an eye on to win the fourth and possibly last safety spot. That means a safety or two would be on PS which is possibly where Ishmael and Motta whould be anyway.

I don't think that Motta is elgible for PS.

He was a part of the active gameday roster for 10 games last season.

Man the league needs to address this situation because its not fresh at all. Do we cut players who just got lingering injuries. I dont think they should take up an IR spot. I think it would be best to allow those players on the practice squad