Calling Any Evolutionist

Wokezone

Convince me of your belief.

I'm interested in learning about your belief. You can pm me or post here

1. Origin of life

2. Ability of primordial soup to develop life from non living material

3. The magnitude of evolutionary processes just to make a human eye, ear drum, sinuses,etc.For every species of animal on the plane

4. Why intelligent man didn't feel the need to record the biggest moment in conscious understanding.

5. What is right or wrong to an animal

6. What is morality to an animal

7. Is it wrong we are no longer practicing survival if the fittest?

8. Origin of the universe

Edited by T-Falcon

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Convince me of your belief.

I'm interested in learning about your belief.

1. Origin of life

2. Ability of primordial soup to develop life from non living material

3. The magnitude of evolutionary processes just to make a human eye, ear drum, sinuses,etc.For every species of animal on the plane

4. Why intelligent man didn't feel the need to record the biggest moment in conscious understanding.

5. What is right or wrong to an animal

6. What is morality to an animal

7. Is it wrong we are no longer practicing survival if the fittest?

1. Simple amino acid structures. This can happen naturally under the right circumstances.

2. Primordial soup is living material.

3. That's not really phrased in a question.

4. Rephrase this.

5. This is decided by their sub-conscious, or may not be existent at all.

6. Almost entirely subjective

7. This has never been practiced strictly by any species. Some human structures have tried in in some manner to various extents at various points, but never as a whole has humanity practiced this.

1. Simple amino acid structures. This can happen naturally under the right circumstances.

2. Primordial soup is living material.

3. That's not really phrased in a question.

4. Rephrase this.

5. This is decided by their sub-conscious, or may not be existent at all.

6. Almost entirely subjective

7. This has never been practiced strictly by any species. Some human structures have tried in in some manner to various extents at various points, but never as a whole has humanity practiced this.

1. Ok how many of these were there when the earth formed? From where did they come?

2. Please explain

3. Whats the likelyhood and timeframe truly needed for each of these major advancements in evolution to take place. we are talking trillions of evolutionary peices working, and some would even have to be working together. what is the mathematical possibility that evolutionary processes were working simultaneously in one creature, and trillions of creatures from that primodial soup.

4. When man evolved intelligence, at some point he had to have understanding of who/what he used to be. Mankind is known for carving, painting, etc.. his history. No man or woman that evolved felt it important to point us backward and say this is what we used to be. Is this not odd?

5. So its possible there is no such thing as right or wrong?

6. There is nothing that can be defined definitively as moral or immoral with 100% assurance?

7. What about other species besides humans? what do they do to their weak, lame, deformed parts of their "society"

The alternative is that God created the universe a few thousand years ago and poofed us into existence but left lots of clues about evolution to test our faith and send us to **** if we followed the clues.

I think I'll just go with the plausible explanation even if it isn't fully fleshed out yet. I also doubt a God would be that petty.

Can someone explain to me why religious people are still attacking evolution when more than one Pope has already said that evolution is true?

http://www.ewtn.com/...oc/jp961022.htm

"How should the conclusions reached by the diverse scientific disciplines be brought together with those contained in the message of Revelation? And if at first glance these views seem to clash with each other, where should we look for a solution? We know that the truth cannot contradict the truth."

"Before offering a few more specific reflections on the theme of the origin of life and evolution, I would remind you that the magisterium of the Church has already made some pronouncements on these matters, within her own proper sphere of competence. I will cite two such interventions here.

In his encyclical Humani Generis (1950), my predecessor Pius XII has already affirmed that there is no conflict between evolution and the doctrine of the faith regarding man and his vocation, provided that we do not lose sight of certain fixed points."

Scientists who study evolution are not commenting on any theories of spirituality...they are interested in the facts and mechanics of evolution. Even the heads of the Catholic Church have said that this doesn't disagree with their teachings and that this research is of benefit to mankind

The alternative is that God created the universe a few thousand years ago and poofed us into existence but left lots of clues about evolution to test our faith and send us to **** if we followed the clues.

I think I'll just go with the plausible explanation even if it isn't fully fleshed out yet. I also doubt a God would be that petty.

I believe in God but do not believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. The Judeo Christian bible says that one of our days is like the blink of Gods eye as well as our lives are but a vapor before him. Therefore, Gods timeframe and our timeframe are nowhere close to lining up.

Do not hijack this thread with hate I'm asking people to explain their beliefs not attack each other or call each other names.

1. The pope has no bearing on this discussion, he doesn't even believe the Bible.

2.I would disagree God put anything to test us in that way.

3. Psychic gibbon and old falcon you two do nothing but stir fights. Please contribute something useful without name calling or leave the thread

4. Sky wizard comment is pointless and not productive

Edited by T-Falcon

4. When man evolved intelligence, at some point he had to have understanding of who/what he used to be. Mankind is known for carving, painting, etc.. his history. No man or woman that evolved felt it important to point us backward and say this is what we used to be. Is this not odd?

No, it's not odd at all. As best we can tell, anatomically modern man has existed for about 200,000 years. The oldest surviving cave paintings we've discovered are about 30,000-40,000 years old. The oldest surviving written languages are only 6,000-8,000 years old. We have an incomplete understanding of history much, much more recent than that (partly because we humans have a nasty habit of destroying and rewriting history).

And those oldest paintings/carvings/writings, as well as the earliest surviving oral traditions that were eventually written down, and shitloads of artifacts and archaeological evidence, DO point to what we used to be: nomadic hunter-gatherers who spent all their energy searching for their next meal. It wasn't until we figured out agriculture and animal domestication that we had the free time to even think about anything else. I mean, what do you expect- a 200,000 year old document saying "my mom was a Homo Erectus"? That's absurd.

Do not hijack this thread with hate I'm asking people to explain their beliefs not attack each other or call each other names.

1. The pope has no bearing on this discussion, he doesn't even believe the Bible.

2.I would disagree God put anything to test us in that way.

3. Psychic gibbon and old falcon you two do nothing but stir fights. Please contribute something useful without name calling or leave the thread

4. Sky wizard comment is pointless and not productive

Serious question: Did you go to a Southern Baptist sponsored college?