Walker Discusses Swinging At Non Competitive Pitches

ugadawg

For those that say Chipper told BJ something better than what Walker was telling him.

http://www.ajc.com/n...-gets-re/nX5H8/

Walker has been telling him for a year now.

I agree that Chipper would make a great hitting coach.

I also disagree that if a player is not listening to a coach it is always the coach’s issue. I have worked with a lot of kids. I have help quite a few greatly improve. I also have had a few that refused to listen to that same message. Now years later I have seen those same kids continue to refuse to listen to anyone’s message not just mine. That is not an issue with the coach it is an issue with the present day premadona’s society is producing.

Yes some players won't listen to coaches period. But if the majority of the players listen to you then that's good. If the majority don't then that's bad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just puzzled. Its as if Atlanta is where hitting coaches come to die

I hated the Greg Walker hiring from day 1. Greg Walker is an all over nothing type of hitting coach (I know, I watched the White Sox under him for years) and I hated the hire. I would have bent over assbackwards to get Don Baylor back.

Chipper has a long history of making guys better. Greg Walker has a long history of making guys worse. But of course we can't judge him by his White Sox stint according to k26dp because nobody could succeed in that cesspool of mess. All I'm trying to say is Greg Walker is not better than Terry Pendleton. When I asked k26dp to explain all he said was because Walker tells the guys the right things to do. Hello! If that's all it takes to be a hitting coach in the majors then sign my *** up! I can tell guys to stop swinging at ****. But there's far more to hitting than just pitch selection.

No ****? So your contention is that Walker isn't doing anything other than telling hitters not to swing at bad pitches.

And you thought the Walker hire was bad from day one? More and more your arguements come across as confirmation bias.

No ****? So your contention is that Walker isn't doing anything other than telling hitters not to swing at bad pitches.

And you thought the Walker hire was bad from day one? More and more your arguements come across as confirmation bias.

You **** straight I'm biased. I'm biased that Greg Walker is an idiot and Frank Wren doesn't know how to built a speed and defense team!! **** homeruns! Give me stolen bases over homeruns anyday!

Oh, and you're the one that said you approved of Walker because he's saying the right things, not me.

You **** straight I'm biased. I'm biased that Greg Walker is an idiot and Frank Wren doesn't know how to built a speed and defense team!! **** homeruns! Give me stolen bases over homeruns anyday!

Oh, and you're the one that said you approved of Walker because he's saying the right things, not me.

OK, then we're done.