Walker Discusses Swinging At Non Competitive Pitches

ugadawg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker has it exactly right. Braves hitters have overall been poor at not swinging at pitches out of the strikezone and not swinging at pitches in the strikezone. It is pretty much the only thing different from this season from last, but it's a huge thing.

What exactly does walker do here?

BJ is trash for a year. An hour with chipper and he's all better.

Heyward,Uggla, CJ, Freeman all massively slumping this year(freeman by freeman standards)

Out offense can't hit

That's why he's moving to Texas to run the family business.

you mean like how Tony Gonzalez couldn't run his business and have a home in California the 5 years he played football for the Atlanta Falcons? Or how like Andre Johnson plays football for the Houston Texans and live in South Florida

you mean like how Tony Gonzalez couldn't run his business and have a home in California the 5 years he played football for the Atlanta Falcons? Or how like Andre Johnson plays football for the Houston Texans and live in South Florida

That's the same thing, it makes so much sense!

That's the same thing, it makes so much sense!

the reason you're using makes no sense at all. Chipper has always had a ranch in Texas. You act like he can't run a business, live in Texas, and coach in Atl. Your reason is an asinine one. How is Peyton Manning running his multiple businesses all over the country and playing football in Denver. Mind blowing how he does it

the reason you're using makes no sense at all. Chipper has always had a ranch in Texas. You act like he can't run a business, live in Texas, and coach in Atl. Your reason is an asinine one. How is Peyton Manning running his multiple businesses all over the country and playing football in Denver. Mind blowing how he does it

What reasons have I given? You're saying all businesses are the same which is quite dumb. His parents have been running it and it has not been doing well. He's moving there to take over and going try to revitalize it. It apparently requires a lot of hands on, hence him moving there to do it. He doesn't have time to be involved 8 months a year with a baseball team right now traveling all over the US. Once it's stabilized, he can think about returning to coach, but he's trying to spend time with his family and get the business back, those are the top priorities. I'm not saying a business cannot be run remotely, it really depends on the business and the foundation it has. There's also a big difference between fronting the money for a business and letting other people run it than running it yourself which you are not comprehending here.

All I'm saying is Chipper said he wants to be a hitting coach. Maybe running the family business changes his mind. But he hasn't said it yet. So I just take him for his word

I'm just saying that that is his focus now, maybe in a year or two he would want to come back, but that's where his priorities are right now. I didn't really elaborate, sorry. When running the day to day operations, it's a lot more demanding than the type of businesses that Tony runs and likely Andre's, which I haven't looked at.

Too much emphasis on "being aggressive", lack of emphasis on putting together quality at-bats. He was better than Parrish, but I prefer Walker.

You prefer Walker? Are you ******* serious? This is the worst Braves offense I have ever seen in my life! Freddie Freeman is the only one on the team that knows what quality at-bat means. There's a reason no one in Chicago was sad to see Walker leave.