Ricardo Allen

You and Gibbon stand alone in the thought that he has a good chance of beating out McClain. Which is the same ad saying he willow than likely beat out McClain.

I don't find it likely. McClain was a top NB two years ago and had a down season last year. We will see.

I didn't like the pick at first but he will no doubt be better than franks in dime formations

I think we will have a perfectly good pass rush....

... but yes the mushrooms should be kicking in soon (took a day off tomorrow... sweetwater IPA, fresh nugs and caps for daddy biggrin.png )

Oh yes... sounds like a good time my friend

Allen reminds me of Grimes.. I'll say it again he's never outta position.. you'll watch his tape & say he was right there jumping with a bigger reciever & h@ll yeah he gets beat.. but he's also right there playing good coverage & like grimes u take the bad with the good b/c he might get burned one play & get a pick the next..

McClain wasn't bad in my opinion free safty & line backers were the problem in coverage last yr.. that being said I seriously think Allen as short as he is believes in himself b/c his highlights prove he makes big plays & is always in position.. he makes the team & eventually starts at nickel b/c turnovers r huge

You and Gibbon stand alone in the thought that he has a good chance of beating out McClain. Which is the same ad saying he willow than likely beat out McClain.

I don't find it likely. McClain was a top NB two years ago and had a down season last year. We will see.

I didn't like the pick at first but he will no doubt be better than franks in dime formations

I think he has a chance to beat out McClain. I wouldn't call it a good chance though. At the very least McClain is going to have a short hook if he plays like he did last year.

I think he has a chance to beat out McClain. I wouldn't call it a good chance though. At the very least McClain is going to have a short hook if he plays like he did last year.

Would you call it MORE than a good chance? lol

Agreed. He's his own player and was a fantastic 5th round pick. He'll be a great slot complement to Trufant and Alford and has more than a good chance of beating out McClain.

Ex-Mainland star Ricardo Allen of Purdue already gaining NFL Draft status ... as a junior.

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

7:21 pm, October 1, 2012

(Video: Lafayette, Ind., Journal and Courier)

Former Daytona Beach Mainland standout cornerback Ricardo Allen, now an All-Big Ten performer at Purdue, is only a junior, but he's already listed as one of the top five corners for the 2013 NFL Draft in a recent story at the National Football Post.

What happened to make him fall?

Guest fibonacci

I think we will have a perfectly good pass rush....

... but yes the mushrooms should be kicking in soon (took a day off tomorrow... sweetwater IPA, fresh nugs and caps for daddy :D )

you sharing?

Ex-Mainland star Ricardo Allen of Purdue already gaining NFL Draft status ... as a junior.

Former Daytona Beach Mainland standout cornerback Ricardo Allen, now an All-Big Ten performer at Purdue, is only a junior, but he's already listed as one of the top five corners for the 2013 NFL Draft in a recent story at the National Football Post.

Was wondering the same thing as I went through his highlights finally. He's got moves, he's got speed, he's got hands, he's got tenacity, what gives?

Any CB who has a slow 40 is going to fall more than likely. His 40 was what a 4.6? 4.58 at pro day i believe. Even the top CB's in the draft who run slow usually fall a bit. And Allen wasn't one of the top CB's in the draft so its no wonder he fell especially given the speed issue. To me he seems like he is a perfect NB. He is pretty quick, he has ball skills, he is a willing tackler, and he is good with the ball infront of him. But putting him on the outside in the NFL is going to present alot of problems. I'd still rather have him outside than Franks though. Just my opinion. Our dime defense is going to be much better with him and McClain on the insides.

• 2 weeks later...