Falcons are gonna use him as a DE in 3-4 Fronts

so it will look like this more than likely

Jackson/Babs DE

PS/Jerry/Robertson NT

Hageman/Mass DE

makes sense since Falcons drafted what 4 LBs

but what about the 4-3 ends we have , Osi Beer Goodman Maponga Matthews

we gonna cut all those guys ?

But there are some that think this Hageman kid was a Steal in rd 2 and is gonna be a big time pass rusher from day 1....

I Hope they are right

id give no ***** if they cut osi and beirmann. if not this year they'll both be gone by next year.

i thought goodman was beefing up to play dt.

and im sure matthews will be kicking rocks

i never expected mass to play dt though, but I've heard it a couple of times

Jackson/Babs DE

PS/Jerry/Robertson NT

Hageman/Mass DE

But there are some that think this Hageman kid was a Steal in rd 2 and is gonna be a big time pass rusher from day 1....

I Hope they are right

You will probably see the 3-4 less than 40% of the time.

Its really on overrated terminology. Base is not used enough to really specify a team as one thing. teams use a myriad of formations in one game.

Osi and Beer will probably stand up in a 3-4 but have their hand in the dirt most of the time.

IF NOLAN is as good as some think on here, he'll use them in the formations they fit.

I dont see Jerry playing NT in a 3-4 either. Doesnt have the strength to hold up for his size.

I like the Hageman pick.

You will probably see the 3-4 less than 40% of the time.

Its really on overrated terminology. Base is not used enough to really specify a team as one thing. teams use a myriad of formations in one game.

Osi and Beer will probably stand up in a 3-4 but have their hand in the dirt most of the time.

IF NOLAN is as good as some think on here, he'll use them in the formations they fit.

I dont see Jerry playing NT in a 3-4 either. Doesnt have the strength to hold up for his size.

I like the Hageman pick.

We won't even see it 40%. If we do what we want we'll be in nickle for >50% and split 4-3 3-4 probably down the middle.

Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota, DT: The 6-6, 312-pound converted tight end vertical jumped 36 inches this offseason when the Gophers tested him. More impressively, the former basketball standout (he used to play AAU ball against first-rounder Royce White) says he can still do a 360 dunk even though he's well over three bills. "But," Hageman adds, "it doesn't look as pretty as when I was 250."Ra'Shede Hageman, a former hoops standout, can still do a 360 slam dunk at 312 pounds.(USATSI)Hageman was a big recruit for former coach Tim Brewster. Then-Gophers hoops coach Tubby Smith once tried to get him to come out for the basketball team, Hageman says. But the big man opted to focus solely on football, where he has blossomed into one of the Big Ten's better D-linemen.

He's certainly the most athletic. Not only does he have the 36-inch vert, but he also has bench-pressed 465 pounds and clocked an electronically timed 10-yard sprint in 1.57 seconds. For comparison sake, no DT at this year's NFL Combine jumped higher than 33 inches, and Terron Armstead, the offensive tackle who ran the blazing 4.71 40 at the combine, did a 1.64 in his 10.

Hageman said watching the combine in February has "motivated me to be even get more serious in the weight room." His goals on the field for 2013: play with better pad level, play with more urgency off the ball and not take plays off.

ncb_hageman_d1_200x300.jpg

Pretty sick athletic ability. This was when he was like 50+ pounds lighter, but he said even at this weight he can still do a 360 jam ("Just doesn't look as good as when I was lighter.")

6'6", 310 lbs - ran the 40 in 5.02 seconds. I'm excited about the kid biggrin.png

The Saints once had a dt that could do a backflip.

Jackson/Babs DE

PS/Jerry/Robertson NT

Hageman/Mass DE

I Hope they are right

I saw on his twitter where he posted his instagram account, i can't give anyone the link because it is blocked by my job...

but I will quote word for word what it says:

Stansly Maponga

Atlanta Falcons OLB #90. 1st Zimbabwean in the NFL. Strive for Greatness. Proud Father. It takes hard work to be GREAT! Enjoy!!

so can we assume he converted to OLB???

I saw on his twitter where he posted his instagram account, i can't give anyone the link because it is blocked by my job...

but I will quote word for word what it says:

Stansly Maponga

Atlanta Falcons OLB #90. 1st Zimbabwean in the NFL. Strive for Greatness. Proud Father. It takes hard work to be GREAT! Enjoy!!

so can we assume he converted to OLB???

Yes, was expected though.

Yes, was expected though.

I think it will work, I always liked the kid, him and Alford were my favorites from last season. Maponga has the potential if given more opportunity.

and Alford is a straight beast and should start and solidify our secondary.

both tru and alfod are incredibly speedy CB's

I think it will work, I always liked the kid, him and Alford were my favorites from last season. Maponga has the potential if given more opportunity.

and Alford is a straight beast and should start and solidify our secondary.

both tru and alfod are incredibly speedy CB's

i agree. I had higher hopes for Goodman but he may be the odd man out here.

This was, as Dimitroff said, a defensive coordinator pick. They missed their guy in Ford who they really wanted, so our d-coordinator basically said "I want Hageman, please please please draft him."

To me, the fact that he hit it off with the defensive coaching staff at the Senior Bowl, and the fact Mike Nolan jumped at the chance to push our GM to draft him, really tells me a lot and I think he'll be successful here.

hes got the length/size/athleticism to be a good player in a hybrid DE/DT role. if the coaching staff feels hes coachable and has a strong motor then it should turn out to be a good pickup. Even if he doesnt immediately make an impact contribution, he can still contribute in the form of Depth and Rotation.

His measurements and workouts looks a lot like Akiem Hicks coming out. Hageman being a little more athletic, and Hicks having a little more weight on him.

Once he developed his handwork and got better technique with coaching, Hicks began turning into a cornerstone starter with the Saints.

No reason Hageman couldnt become the same type of cornerstone player.

Edited by Hopeless

i agree. I had higher hopes for Goodman but he may be the odd man out here.

i honestly figured Goodman would have gotten a lot more snaps considering how much jay adams talked about him on twitter. I think once the falcons knew they weren't making the playoffs they started to try different steps to see how each player can play.

but that is just an assumption.

i honestly figured Goodman would have gotten a lot more snaps considering how much jay adams talked about him on twitter. I think once the falcons knew they weren't making the playoffs they started to try different steps to see how each player can play.

but that is just an assumption.

the talk is Goodman has beefed up, but yea he better show something in TC