Falcons Have 24 Players In For Tryout This Weekend

Romfal

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/Falcons-to-Have-24-Players-in-For-Tryout/6a9e9127-9e9d-4c4d-92ef-4ee78104c6da

The Falcons get their three-day rookie minicamp underway Friday as the 2014 drafted Rookie Club, 20 college free agents and 24 tryout players will be in Flowery Branch to get some valuable time in classroom and on the field.

The Falcons announced their 20 college free agent additions earlier this week. Today, we have the list of tryout players that will be in Flowery Branch for a chance to impress the Falcons coaching staff.

Below is the list of tryout players, including four from the professional ranks:

Player Position College

LJ Jones CB Fresno State

Danny O'Brien QB Catawba

Jestin Love S Central Arkansas

Keaton Stigger OLB Henderson State

William Wright C West Georgia

Javon Marshall S Vanderbilt

Brandon Heath G Delaware

Theo Agnew DE Georgia State

Dallas Lee G Georgia

Lonnie Outlaw WR Miles

Ethan Armstrong OLB Wisconsin

Drew A. Basil K Ohio State

Jake Holland ILB Auburn

Mike McLafferty TE Monmouth

George Makridis LS Ohio State

Kyle Koehne OT Florida

Josh Ford WR Kansas

Bryan Presume OLB Southern Illinois

Kadeem Wise CB Tennessee-Chattanooga

Ryan Isaac DE Purdue

George Winn RB Pro Player

Braden Wilson FB Pro Player

Byron Jerideau NT Pro Player

Roderick Tomlin OT Pro Player

Anyone stand out?

Wow! That is a lot of guys and Robert Godhigh from Ga. Tech is not on the list. I was really hoping he would get a tryout.

We have some of the most undrafted rookies and they also bring in 24 players. I wonder if any other team has anywhere close to that many guys at rookie camp

Wow! That is a lot of guys and Robert Godhigh from Ga. Tech is not on the list. I was really hoping he would get a tryout.

We have some of the most undrafted rookies and they also bring in 24 players. I wonder if any other team has anywhere close to that many guys at rookie camp

I would guess most of them do. We've had guys on tryout in seasons past for mini camp, I just never remember it to be more than 10-14 guys. I doubt theres a limit so might as well bring in every guy you had a positive note on and see what they have.

I wonder how quickly they dismiss these players as a legitimate roster spot hopeful ?

probably after the 3 day camp is over. no more than 1-3 will have a realistic shot at sticking around. I remember Kevin Cone was one tryout player we held on to.

These guys have a tough task ahead of them. In just 3 days, and with no hitting, they have to show that they are, in some way, superior to the 20 UDFA that have already received contracts. They have to convince the FO to cut one of those just signed guys, in order to make room for them. It won't be easy, but Good Luck to all of them.

Tried to look a bit up on these guys, the two WR's are 6'6 and 6'3 and the NT we already had a thread about. The Fullback was drafted in the 6th round by the Chiefs last year but was cut after camp.

Not trying to be hateful but the NT better make the team because he has no future in modeling.