Oh ? Have We Found Matt Ryan's Backup

Xfactor

Jeff Mathews is the best quarterback available in the undrafted pool. He’s a Cornell product with a rocket for an arm and a lack of mobility. With the improvement on the offensive line this offseason by signing Jon Asamoah and drafting Jake Matthews, lack of mobility shouldn’t be an issue.

The Falcons got someone who should be able to compete right away with Dominique Davis and Sean Renfree. If Mathews beats them out for the No. 2 quarterback spot, it wouldn’t be shocking at all. The Falcons would have a quarterback very similar to Matt Ryan as his primary backup.

Grade: A

Nice Film worth a look

Edited by Xfactor

Guest MikeKennHOF

Steve Bartkowski could walk on right now, at his age, and beat out those two. And this Cornell clown, too.

Davis and Matthews were undrafted right?

And didn't we draft a kid last year?

I'd say he holds more value than either of those guys they must have liked what they saw from him more

I think its on Davis he has the tools to be a solid backup but this is a huge preseason if he gets out played he may get cut.

This dude has some nice tape though. Hit a lot of his players in stride and has some deep ball potential. Very accurate. Had crappy azz receivers though. I've been on the Dom Davis train for a minute, but if this dude doesn't step up in preseason this year, I wouldn't mind rolling with Renfree and Mathews.

Guest Negatorris

I watched some film on Matthews last week. Straight statue in the pocket, but he is a pure pocket passer. Despite people's thoughts, Ryan can run, but Matthews is deadly slow lol. But behind a stout pass blocking OL he can put up good numbers. Wouldn't want him as our #2.

Ok we can hope for the best. I wanted Connor Shaw, tough guy who won in the SEC but Matthews may beat out someone or make the PS. I just don't know with lack of mobility?

The guy has a decent arm and he was mobile enough to buy some time and get the pass off. He'll provide some legit competition for the back-up spot.